It’s Early, But This Game Will Tell Me Everything About The Season | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s Early, But This Game Will Tell Me Everything About The Season

Miami unfortunately has a nasty habit of making rookie QBs look like hall of famers. Miami did not sack Mariota once. Miami is also not looking very stout against the run, still has major issues converting third downs, and still has issues in the red zone. I could easily see Miami loosing.

Yeah but Gase is 3-1 vs the Jets....and we have Minkah Fitzpatrick. So.

This game will say a lot .... why, because they usually run fairly well against us AND Darnold was pretty good in the short passing game last week. Both are weaknesses of ours! So will reflect a status of our D ....

Dolphins need 4 road wins this season. Getting two against the Jets and Bills would be nice and go a long wat towards that goal. I figure the goal at this stage should be 4 road wins and 5 home wins, don't care who they're against, but you don't want to lose to weaker opponents and then force yourself to need wins againt good teams to balance the ledger.
Getting off toa 2-0 start would also mean the team only needs to be .500 (7-7) over the final 14 games to reach 9-7. I figure 9-7 and you're in the hunt for the playoffs, find a way to 10-6 and you're in the playoffs.

Jets are favored and its their home opener. Im not sure why were ‘expected’ to win? Just because they have a rookie QB?

I more expect us to win the Raider game the following week.

Win or lose I still booze.

But seriously I think we win but even if we lose a close one, no the season is far from over.

Agree. Fascinating how one win tells nothing, but a loss tells "everything." IF Miami loses, I'm more interested in HOW. Even then, it's in my '1st 4 games' window.

Even with the loss at the Jets last year Miami still started 4-2. It’s important to win tomorrow though bc a loss coupled with facing NE two weeks later would mean 0-2 in the division to start the season. Miami isn’t winning the East but at least give yourself a chance.

Jets are favored and its their home opener. Im not sure why were ‘expected’ to win? Just because they have a rookie QB?

I more expect us to win the Raider game the following week.

They’re favored by 2 1/2 points but are given three for being at home. So technically Miami is slightly favored at least in that sense.

It's just another game early in the season, unless it's a blowout either way, it won't define anything.
No one game, early in the season defines the season as a whole. But I hope that isn't how the team looks at it. That attitude is how games, and seasons, slip away with expectations remaining unrealized.

I sure hope we win. But win or lose, 16 games is a loooooonnnnnggggg season. We sure as hell did not know how things were going to turn out after game 2 in '16.

Some of these responses are like... Weird.

If you're going to be a strong team and be legit you have to win games like this -- the mere fact (IMO) so many are already discounting the possibility of a loss reminds me of (Zig Ziglar) a losers limp!

It's always... if... ...could've been... etc.

I'd rather hold Gase to higher standards and actually EXPECT (at least anticipate) a WINNING strategy that none of our supposed guru's can concoct with their formulaic ingredients! I mean let's make lobster outta tofu! Go into NY and just out-coach out-plan and out-strategize their a$$es!

We've got sufficient talent on both sides of the ball.

But we've gotta score EARLY!

And we've gotta score OFTEN!

Makes the scoreboard sing and the rest will take care of itself.

This may be a whole different game plan. Instead of running more, pass more. On defense Cover 3 and Nickel and Dime to get TO's. I also see 2 Sacks for Wake and 2 Sacks for Quinn. I see 4 INT's too. 34 - 23 Dolphins

For a run at the playoffs will need a couple of road victories...Jets, Pats, Bengals, Texans, Packers, Colts, Vikings, Bills. One of the games most likely to pick up a win along with Colts and Bills.

Any given sunday, any team can win. Gaging this as a marker for the rest of the seasons depends on what happens in the game. Lose a close game but the offense looks sharp, that's a win for me. Win because of fluke plays or the other team being horrible but look terrible, not good. Look at the game with Matt Moore against the jets. Moore looked horrible, missed several wide open TDs but luckily hit a couple because they ran back to back sell out cover zero blitzes not expecting trash Moore to be able to throw the ball, blocked a punt and there it is, a win vs a team that mailed it in and when we played a real team in the playoffs, we get slaughtered.

If we win ill agree, if we lose ill hold out hope for improvement. Especially after Gase's first season, by that key steelers game the only reason i watched was because they actually showed it on local TV so i sat down.."eff it lets see if they can keep it within 20". I had my fork in the team already. You know the rest of the story.

Back
Top Bottom