It’s Early, But This Game Will Tell Me Everything About The Season | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s Early, But This Game Will Tell Me Everything About The Season

This is a pivotal game for RT IMHO.
Outside of the fans and Dolphins FO, he’s considered nothing more than a serviceable starter and that’s reflected in the preseason power rankings.
Historically, he has played mediocre against the Jets. He needs to silence his critics early on and this is the perfect game to do it. If he gets outplayed by Darnold or has a sub par game it will only bolster the arguments from the pundits who feel the phins should have made a move to draft one of the top 3 QBs this past draft. He can not afford a Stafford-like multi interception game.
I have my fingers crossed and am really rooting for him.

Outside of the fans and Dolphins FO, he’s considered nothing more than a serviceable starter and that’s reflected in the preseason power rankings.
Historically, he has played mediocre against the Jets. He needs to silence his critics early on and this is the perfect game to do it. If he gets outplayed by Darnold or has a sub par game it will only bolster the arguments from the pundits who feel the phins should have made a move to draft one of the top 3 QBs this past draft. He can not afford a Stafford-like multi interception game.
I believe RT is more than a serviceable starter. He's not at the elite, carry a team on his back level, and may never be that on a consistent basis. We could do a lot worse though. There are probably less than ten QBs that I would trade even up for.

This is the best position 17 has been in for his career. Gase's system should be second nature at thus point. This is arguably the best online he has been behind, and all the receivers are above average route runners (maybe not Parker), and quick/fast as hell.

A loss like this would suck but by no means would it dictate the rest of the season. The Jets in NY is not an easy task when they're bad and it looks like this year they have a good team with a good young QB. I don't think they will look as good as last week, hopefully it will be a classic Jets letdown.

I fail to see the connection. Tannehill is 28 for 30, 418 yds, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, and Miami scores 49. Unfortunately, Darnold has a better game and the Jets score 52. So the pundits were right? Darnold outplayed Tannehill? The D had nothing in it? I agree "he has played mediocre against the Jets. " That has to stop. But too many moving parts to make a blanket statement.

I fail to see the connection. Tannehill is 28 for 30, 418 yds, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, and Miami scores 49. Unfortunately, Darnold has a better game and the Jets score 52. So the pundits were right? Darnold outplayed Tannehill? The D had nothing in it? I agree "he has played mediocre against the Jets. " That has to stop. But too many moving parts to make a blanket statement.

Unfortunately for you and for RT, the NFL is a bottom line business and perception often trumps reality and there was nothing blanket about my post.

No one game, early in the season defines the season as a whole. But I hope that isn't how the team looks at it. That attitude is how games, and seasons, slip away with expectations remaining unrealized.

I would expect the Dolphins to treat this game as important as the Super Bowl, and I think they will. If they lose though, the season WILL NOT be defined no matter how much doom and gloom we will read here. A win against Oakland the next week and all will be forgotten.

I would expect the Dolphins to treat this game as important as the Super Bowl, and I think they will. If they lose though, the season WILL NOT be defined no matter how much doom and gloom we will read here. A win against Oakland the next week and all will be forgotten.
That backlash on this forum would be enormous. Enormously entertaining as well.

I can see "the sky is falling", and "tank the season to draft QB xxxx" threads forming already. The usual haters will be expanding their rhetoric like extremist politicians.

Unfortunately for you and for RT, the NFL is a bottom line business and perception often trumps reality and there was nothing blanket about my post.

At least you admit "reality" isn't your focus. I respect your honesty

Week 2 game and the loser will be 1-1. People saying it's make or break.

:shrug:

I'm glad I don't feel that way, because I anticipate a flat Dolphins team today.

yeah, feels like a game they will come out flat for, which is the usual..hope this time it's different

yeah, feels like a game they will come out flat for, which is the usual..hope this time it's different
I've about reached my limit of patience for Phins teams that are "flat" six games every season. To me, that is mostly on the players, and their lack of professionalism. Know the plays. Do your job. Execute. Anything less, and mediocrity is your ceiling.

This is a key game to win but no way should it be viewed as season ending if we lose. The Jets have a very good Defense and usually play well at home.

We won, but I don't think it says anything about either team's season

Back
Top Bottom