it's early but, your picks for afc championship this year... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

it's early but, your picks for afc championship this year...

SuperMarksBros.

Formerly Fiedler for MVP
Reaction score
fins, of course, will host. but who? i think tennessee will rebound big time. they have all the pieces and will own the weakest division in football(houston, indy, jax- correct me if i'm wrong)...also like chokeland, though they are very old...and denver to rebound if TD can stay healthy. new england is an 8-8 team

I think Romanowski will help the Raiders...

...and I think I'd seed them 2. We'll see off the pats in the divisional game (they don't seem to have hurt themselves too badly in the off-season and they have a good coaching staff).:evil:

it is too early :rolleyes: to choose who will lose to us in the AFC Championship ;)

Da Faiders are going down :evil: Colts could be REALLY tough this year in the AFC South with Dungy. :eek:

Originally posted by miadphan13
Colts could be REALLY tough this year in the AFC South with Dungy. :eek:
Play-offs, did you say play-offs for the Colts ;) :lol: :goof:

Mora is gone :)

Re: Re: it's early but, your picks for afc championship this year...

Originally posted by dolphan39
it is too early :rolleyes: to choose who will lose to us in the AFC Championship ;)
Definitely agree 39,, way too early to predict a championship .. Marino1983

I think it's a mistake discounting Pittsburgh competely. The raiders are too old on offense - Gannon going down would be the end for them.

The Cleveland Stains will be tough this year as will Tennessee if they can get George healthy and an OL to block. My other surprise pick is the Texans - if they get anything resembling a speed WR and consistent play at QB they will definitely be there or thereabouts.

New England will surprise again - but they'll regret getting rid of Bledsoe (if they can get rid of him that is...)

Slaine is right, The Brown stains will be tough this year, they will be the New England of a year ago, only their coach(the kind that is horse-drawn) will turn into a pumpkin on a sunny January afternoon at JRS.

Cleveland, you're yanking my crank!?!

Their FA moves don't look to me like the makings of a dynasty. They don't seem to be all that ambitious either, taking 3J in a trade.:lol:

I'll give you Pittsburgh, they haven't done too much right or wrong and they did alright last season. I think they have very little challenge from their divisional rivals. That might make them a higher seeding than they deserve.

The Browns have Tim Couch, who is starting to play like he was a number 1 draft pick, they have a good O-line and a good defense and they are young, which means they'll get better, they are definately a team on the rise.
Pittsburgh better find another way to win besides Bettis, because Kordell can't be THE man.

in the ideal world, the Jets will lose to us in the AFC Champ. again. :D

Originally posted by Slaine
I think it's a mistake discounting Pittsburgh competely. The raiders are too old on offense - Gannon going down would be the end for them.

The Cleveland Stains will be tough this year as will Tennessee if they can get George healthy and an OL to block. My other surprise pick is the Texans - if they get anything resembling a speed WR and consistent play at QB they will definitely be there or thereabouts.

New England will surprise again - but they'll regret getting rid of Bledsoe (if they can get rid of him that is...)
If the Patsies are going to be champions again then it will be because they will come out of the gate playing like champions, not sneeking up with Horse shoes around their necks (no injuries last season) and paying off the refs in a snowstormed playoff game !! Their S-B win last season will be forever mared with a questionable call and a team full of OVERACHIEVERS .. The smoke and mirriors will not work in 02 ! The Steelers,, well let us just say that we all saw the real K- Stewart against the Patsies... enough said . The Raiders are one of the oldest teams in the league,, but that doesn't mean that you should discount them as a potential playoff team,, it will all depend on if the new H-C can pull all those guy's together for another run ! Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom