It's going to take more than just the draft to fix this team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's going to take more than just the draft to fix this team

I'd feel better if I saw any evidence that we could properly scout, draft, and develop o-line talent.

But yeah, we need to sign free agents. Just make sure we spend wisely, rather than make rash decisions to make splash signings for ungodly money.

We will need to spend money for some pass rush help and probably another boundary corner, because frankly, Rowe ****ing blows.

Also need to spend for some O-line help because we cant draft and develop our own.

If we get the number one pick and draft Tua and he turns out to be a franchise QB we will be closer to having a quality team than we’ve been in years.

Then hit on even just half of our remaining draft picks that year and the next when we’re loaded with picks, sprinkle in a few free agency additions and this team can be a playoff team.

A monkey can do better than this owner, GM, coach. It Takes No Talent. Which is what the NFL should do with this team, assign the decision making interim to monkeys from the Miami Zoo.
These guys at the top of this organization are criminals, stealing paychecks, selling rain-cloud potions.

A monkey can do better than this owner, GM, coach. It Takes No Talent. Which is what the NFL should do with this team, assign the decision making interim to monkeys from the Miami Zoo.
These guys at the top of this organization are criminals, stealing paychecks, selling rain-cloud potions.
And the monkeys can throw their feces at crap players before cutting them.

It will be a few more weeks of blowouts then the team will find a way to compete but still lose.
Flores and Grier have their shot.
Miami now seems like a farm team.
Our former players are doing well on their new teams.
At somepoint Ross needs to look in the mirror. It just isnt going to happen with him owning the team.
The disappointment over decades now has made me a pessimist.
I just dont see how the Fins can recapture the old Shula style glory years. It was once in a lifetime.

It's insane to me that the same guy, on year 3 as our G.M., who has not only been instrumental in our futility these past few years, but for a decade and a half, is the same guy people are excited about making the picks going forward. It makes zero sense. Harris? Complete bust. Minkah? Another dud. I know the popular narrative is that he's a "hit" for Grier but he's not. Just watch today's game if you seriously need proof. The guy was a major reach and will likely not see a second contract with the team. The ONLY way I see things improving is if Ross sells the team or he lucks out and hires a competent G.M. for once. Then that competent G.M. can hire a competent H.C. which btw, we don't have. Ross hired him because he probably thinks he was in high demand like all the other Bill castoffs except he wasn't, because he's a buffoon. It's one game in and I'm already tired of watching him fumbling with his headset standing all alone on the sideline. This was as bad a coached MIA I've seen, maybe ever. Next year will honestly be year 1 of the rebuild. Do you really want these same clowns heading it?

Its going to take the right coach. We hired the wrong one.

I know the team have said they didn't want to go crazy in free agency anymore and that they want to build thru the draft. I agree that's the way to go to a point. First, you can't draft enough players to turn this team into a contender. That'd take years of great drafting. Yes I know we have a lot of picks but we also have a ton of holes. I don't want them to go crazy bringing in a bunch of free agents but you'll need free agency to help with this rebuild. We have a lot of money under the cap and need to spend some of it anyway. Spending money on Jesse Davis(not a bad deal tho) and Grant won't make us contenders.

Grier will have no excuses. He's got plenty of picks, specially in the first 3 rounds and plenty of cap space for free agents and he's going to need to be smart with both in order to turn this team around. I see maybe 4 or 5 guys on defense to build with and I know I've been very kind there.

On offense I'm not sure we have 3 players to build with so for anyone thinking that one or two drafts will do it you have something else coming.
We need free agents along with draft picks in order to make this work.

The end!
I agree. Miami's offense looks like an expansion team. An offensive line of castoffs mostly. No number one type receiver, no dependable running back and a quarterback who really is a backup. There's a long, long way to go on that side of the ball.

The needs on offense are quarterback, left tackle, right guard, right tackle, between-the-tackles running back....and maybe more dynamic help at wide receiver. That is a couple of drafts for sure.

The defense has more talent, but lacks in pass rushers and needs another quality corner.

Going to be a rough 2-3 years

Not really! If things go as plan then this year by far will be the toughest. Next year, assuming the draft the QB, and start to put some OL protection around him, things will get more exciting quickly. '

Hey, this is the Cleveland model everyone was rooting for. Cleveland has won, what exactly?
That's not fair. Cleveland won the off season this year!

Back
Top Bottom