It's going to take more than just the draft to fix this team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's going to take more than just the draft to fix this team

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know the team have said they didn't want to go crazy in free agency anymore and that they want to build thru the draft. I agree that's the way to go to a point. First, you can't draft enough players to turn this team into a contender. That'd take years of great drafting. Yes I know we have a lot of picks but we also have a ton of holes. I don't want them to go crazy bringing in a bunch of free agents but you'll need free agency to help with this rebuild. We have a lot of money under the cap and need to spend some of it anyway. Spending money on Jesse Davis(not a bad deal tho) and Grant won't make us contenders.

Grier will have no excuses. He's got plenty of picks, specially in the first 3 rounds and plenty of cap space for free agents and he's going to need to be smart with both in order to turn this team around. I see maybe 4 or 5 guys on defense to build with and I know I've been very kind there.

On offense I'm not sure we have 3 players to build with so for anyone thinking that one or two drafts will do it you have something else coming.
We need free agents along with draft picks in order to make this work.

The end!

we might go for 5x o/linemen in FA and draft the rest after we pick up tua with the first pick.....

This looks like a 3 year rebuild to me. 1 draft isn’t going to fix this and we honestly need more picks. I’m sure that we have the best chance of locking in the 1st pick in 2020. I would trade it for another teams future. And RGIII draft type of raping. There is no QB that will help us. I would go all in on the trenches in 2020.

Yeah seems like they need a bunch of guys, but they do have money to bring in free agents, though it still seems like a multi year project.

We have like $100M in cap space next year. Of course we're going to be signing some people in free agency.

I know the team have said they didn't want to go crazy in free agency anymore and that they want to build thru the draft. I agree that's the way to go to a point. First, you can't draft enough players to turn this team into a contender. That'd take years of great drafting. Yes I know we have a lot of picks but we also have a ton of holes. I don't want them to go crazy bringing in a bunch of free agents but you'll need free agency to help with this rebuild. We have a lot of money under the cap and need to spend some of it anyway. Spending money on Jesse Davis(not a bad deal tho) and Grant won't make us contenders.

Grier will have no excuses. He's got plenty of picks, specially in the first 3 rounds and plenty of cap space for free agents and he's going to need to be smart with both in order to turn this team around. I see maybe 4 or 5 guys on defense to build with and I know I've been very kind there.

On offense I'm not sure we have 3 players to build with so for anyone thinking that one or two drafts will do it you have something else coming.
We need free agents along with draft picks in order to make this work. If we can draft 8 quality starters

The end!
I agree with you. The next two drafts will be where we hope to build the core of our next team. If we can come away with 8 quality starters over the next two drafts, that will be a tremendous success. While are track record says we won’t, we have several high picks so maybe we get lucky for once.

If we can land a franchise qb, it will be a lot easier to build the rest of the roster because a great qb will mask other holes in the roster.

This is a 4-5 year plan.

The first step is these top picks since ‘17 need to start taking it up a notch. I would have said since ‘16 but half of that draft is gone already. Drake will be gone soon. Still waiting on Charles Harris, Minkah and Gesicki. MCmillian isn’t in this team’s future plans, Tankersely is dead, and is baker going to take the next step this season?

I think one good off-season will 'fix' this team.

Fire everyone (do it right this time) and draft well. You can get a lot of mileage out of this draft when you have so much ammo stockpiled and are drafting at the top of the order, to boot. Make a couple of good free agent signings. The team won't be a Super Bowl contender right away, but it will be competitive to win football games.

AB will be out to make all his incentives. He will be looking for Rowe and score 5 TD’s himself.

AB will be out to make all his incentives. He will be looking for Rowe and score 5 TD’s himself.
If Flores is really like belicheat he’ll have X and Rowe wear each other’s jerseys, name and all so New England will try to figure out why “Rowe” keeps intercepting everything thrown his way.

Hey, this is the Cleveland model everyone was rooting for. Cleveland has won, what exactly?

Back
Top Bottom