It's going to take more than just the draft to fix this team | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's going to take more than just the draft to fix this team

Like Clowney, right? Nobody wants to play here.
That's some sample size. I've been known as a little bit of a gambler so with that being said, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there's a couple of free agents out there that will be ok with signing here.

I'be been a fan of Monday Night Knockout Volleyball for years now...

Get Chris Grier out of the building as quick as possible.

Explain to Coach Flores why you start Rosen.

Still gonna suck and that sucks but at least you don't look so dumb.

But at the end of the day....

Who’d want to come here?

We want young, fresh talent. Young, fresh talent doesn’t want to piss away their first years with a team so ****ing bad that no one even laughs at them anymore.

They want to compete. Something we simply do not and cannot do.

This used to be a glory post. Good weather, tax incentives, South Beach, winning teams...

Now, we are simply a disgrace. Nobody in their right mind would want to come here.

That’s literally my fear
Always a possibility, but I really like what we've done up to this point. Its refreshing to start with almost a clean slate. Sure we could get into the same mess all over again, but I'm going to at least enjoy the next year or two knowing there's a reasonable possibility that we'll be much better shape than we've been in a long time. Just the idea of having a legitimate franchise qb to build around gets me all tingly.

It will be a few more weeks of blowouts then the team will find a way to compete but still lose.
Flores and Grier have their shot.
Miami now seems like a farm team.
Our former players are doing well on their new teams.
At somepoint Ross needs to look in the mirror. It just isnt going to happen with him owning the team.
The disappointment over decades now has made me a pessimist.
I just dont see how the Fins can recapture the old Shula style glory years. It was once in a lifetime.
I love Shula but he didn’t win with the best QB in history because he didn’t make him learn to hand the ball off and field the worst D

Those are two comparable teams...Florida playing UT-Martin? Ohio State playing Cincinnati? Georgia playing Murray State? Alabama vs New Mexico State? Oklahoma playing South Dakota?

Obviously there are hundreds of college games and you can find some close games...but any sane analysis would clearly determine the NFL games are more closely contested than college ball on average.
Indeed. Good thing there are like 20 college games on TV to watch. That way one can look around and find the competitive ones, and disregard the blowouts.

SCO Buffs!

Last edited:
But at the end of the day....

Who’d want to come here?

We want young, fresh talent. Young, fresh talent doesn’t want to piss away their first years with a team so ****ing bad that no one even laughs at them anymore.

They want to compete. Something we simply do not and cannot do.

This used to be a glory post. Good weather, tax incentives, South Beach, winning teams...

Now, we are simply a disgrace. Nobody in their right mind would want to come here.
People fail to acknowledge that NFL players are the best players since high school. They have never lost for extended periods or been set up to lose.

Flores and grier failed to acknowledge the mental impact of tanking. Players are under pressure to win and perform in order to keep a job in the league. Rolling them out there and losing by 50 every week does not make them feel secure or confident in their future.

Plus the camaraderie between players will create an undesirable location. Nobody will want to be a part of this team when they see and hear about our plan. there is too much at stake for players.

Flores/grier need to hit the drawing board and draw something new up because "hey we got our qb" will not save them and help them build the team.

That's some sample size. I've been known as a little bit of a gambler so with that being said, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there's a couple of free agents out there that will be ok with signing here.
I hope you are right. I'm skeptical about the impact it will have, even if you are right. But optimism is always a good thing...

Thinking the team is or isn't corrected with just draft picks when you have almost the most cap space in the league means you don't understand what is happening.

Grier has been part of the problem here for over a decade. We needed to clean house, and once again we did a half measure. I have 0 confidence in Chris Grier.

At the end of the day, the blame falls upon the incompetent owner. He has owned the team for 10 years, and keeps repeating the same mistake over and over again.

All of his Head Coaching hires have had no prior experience has an HC. He keeps doing the same failed cycle.

Sparano - OLine coach promoted to Head Coach.
Philbin - OC that did not call his own plays, promoted to Head Coach.
Gase - OC that made a name for himself working with Peyton Manning, promoted to Head Coach
Flores - Linebackers coach promoted to Head Coach.

All these hires have the same thing in common, they got promoted to HC with no prior experience at this level. They were all in over their heads as an HC.

Flores with no experience at his current position, goes out and hires
Patrick Graham as DC, no prior experience has DC
Flores hires Chat O'Shea as OC, no prior experience as OC.

I expected to get beat handily by Baltimore today. However in the manner we were demolished from the 1st snap until the last snap was just pure embarrassment. What I saw from this team today was a complete lack of preparation, lack of effort, lack of hustle, same penalties over and over, out coached in every phase, no in game adjustments made by any of our coaching staff, I could go on but I will leave it at that. I saw a HC that to this point, clearly is not ready to be a HC.

So here we sit again in 2019, although in a rebuilding year we are staffed by the top 3 guys all with no prior experience at their respective positions. Its a proven recipe for failure. Even if we have a good draft the next couple of years. Is this a coaching staff that is really going to take us into the playoffs and make a run at a title? I believe that when you have 3 top guys that have a combined experience of ZERO at their respective positions, the answer is most likely going to be no.

I still think that until Stephen Ross either sells the team, or hires a front office executive with a proven successful track record in that position, this organization will keep repeating the same cycle every 3-5 years with the same results. If we are doing a complete rebuild, it should include cleaning house of all prior front office executives and it should trickle down to cleaning house of coaches.

We need people with experience and some sort of past success as a GM/Front office executive. Ross has the money, he doesn't seem to be able to figure out that important step. At the end of the day, Ross is gutless and keeps people around who are unqualified at the positions he hires them for. His move of "reassigning" Mike T was a prime example of how gutless he is. He did not want to come out and say they fired him. When you have a weak owner, you are going to have a weak organization. Stephen Ross is the main problem and his incompetence and weakness has set this franchise back decades.

This looks like a 3 year rebuild to me. 1 draft isn’t going to fix this and we honestly need more picks. I’m sure that we have the best chance of locking in the 1st pick in 2020. I would trade it for another teams future. And RGIII draft type of raping. There is no QB that will help us. I would go all in on the trenches in 2020.

I’m not going through this bullshit season for trenches haha We need to get the QB fix.

Back
Top Bottom