It’s Hard Settling A Qb Competition When Neither Player Steps Up | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s Hard Settling A Qb Competition When Neither Player Steps Up

I mean let's state the obvious: There is a lot of butt hurt feelings amongst the local media in regards to Rosen:

They were wrong about Miami wanting to acquire him.

They completely gave him no shot to compete with Fitzpatrick.

Now the narrative is neither QB is stepping up lol

The final one will be Rosen gets 7-8 wins, looks the part, but he is Ryan Tannehill all over.

Crappy reporting from these dudes this year because they can't leave their emotions out of it.

Just name Rosen the starter already.

I'm sure Fitz is slightly better, but in a season like this with little to no expectations, play da yutes and see what they got for the sake of the future.

I don’t expect QBs coming into a new system with new receivers and a shitty OL to crush it right away. I don’t expect putting together a new OL to happen right away. I do expect improvement and for Rosen to start asserting himself

I mean let's state the obvious: There is a lot of butt hurt feelings amongst the local media in regards to Rosen:

The final one will be Rosen gets 7-8 wins, looks the part, but he is Ryan Tannehill all over.

Crappy reporting from these dudes this year because they can't leave their emotions out of it.
For him to not be the clear cut guy over Fitzpatrick to start speaks volumes for where he is at.Yeah we have some pretty bad beat guys but I think he has this one right.

Last edited:
I never wanted them to trade for Rosen in the first place but you got to start him now. If he stinks up the joint, the Dolphins can draft a QB in 2020.

It’s hard to argue against starting Rosen over Fitzpatrick, unless the coaching staff believes that would light a fire under Rosen and help take him to the next level. I just don’t see it, but frankly, Armando is right that neither of the two QB’s have really stepped it up.

Honestly, I hear a ton about Rosen being so talented from posters on this site, but talented at what? Name one attribute Rosen has that is truly elite, or even just better than mid-tier QB’s throughout the league? I have yet to see him rise above average in any category. Arm strength, pocket movement, mobility, recognizing coverage, accuracy, improvisation and leadership all seem very average to me. If you believe Rosen is super talented and destined to be the first star at QB since Marino, what have you seen that I am missing?

This site wanted Tannehill gone because of mediocrity, but hasn’t Rosen delivered the same thing so far? No touchdowns at all game two, and the OL was actually protecting pretty well through the first third of the game. How has this looked better than anything Tannehill provided? I agree the second stringers are dreadful, but the starters actually protected better than I have seen in a while.

I have always said the real problems with this team were on the lines, but that was always dismissed with Tannehill. Comments like “great QB’s make OL’s better” and such tripe were commonplace around here throughout RT’s career, but suddenly, the same posters are going to blame the OL for Rosen’s poor per outings. So ironic.

I wish Rosen well, but I thought everyone had finally agreed that we need someone special at the position. Is Rosen really showing you he is that player?

The main issue is that everyone has convinced themselves the phins will draft tua and its a certain move just waiting to happen. People forget over the next year there are close to four other prospects who could be deemed worthy of a 1st round pick. Somehow latching on to one guy seems to sell fans the idea they are one player away. I assume we will draft a qb in the first round, unless Rosen does prove he is the guy. That does not mean I'm somehow hoping we are so bad we draft this one guy because it's the player everyone wanted for the past year and a half. That's outright crazy

Also, Armando says Dieter allowed 2 sacks but PFF said only 1 hurry- what gives?

Start Ruddock in game 3.
Lets see what the difference is compared to Fitz and Rosen?

It’s hard to argue against starting Rosen over Fitzpatrick, unless the coaching staff believes that would light a fire under Rosen and help take him to the next level. I just don’t see it, but frankly, Armando is right that neither of the two QB’s have really stepped it up.

Honestly, I hear a ton about Rosen being so talented from posters on this site, but talented at what? Name one attribute Rosen has that is truly elite, or even just better than mid-tier QB’s throughout the league? I have yet to see him rise above average in any category. Arm strength, pocket movement, mobility, recognizing coverage, accuracy, improvisation and leadership all seem very average to me. If you believe Rosen is super talented and destined to be the first star at QB since Marino, what have you seen that I am missing?

This site wanted Tannehill gone because of mediocrity, but hasn’t Rosen delivered the same thing so far? No touchdowns at all game two, and the OL was actually protecting pretty well through the first third of the game. How has this looked better than anything Tannehill provided? I agree the second stringers are dreadful, but the starters actually protected better than I have seen in a while.

I have always said the real problems with this team were on the lines, but that was always dismissed with Tannehill. Comments like “great QB’s make OL’s better” and such tripe were commonplace around here throughout RT’s career, but suddenly, the same posters are going to blame the OL for Rosen’s poor per outings. So ironic.

I wish Rosen well, but I thought everyone had finally agreed that we need someone special at the position. Is Rosen really showing you he is that player?

There's a lot of truth in this post.

Frankly, I hope Rosen starts. But that doesn't mean he's earning it, reaching out and grabbing it, or looking good. This is Huard vs. Fiedler all over again. Or maybe Garrard vs. Tannehill.

I'll start being optimistic about Josh Rosen when he starts going through his progressions more fluidly and starts throwing and playing with anticipation. That's what is clearly missing. He's not anticipating the rush; his sack rate per pressure would make Tannehill blush. He's not throwing with anticipation, as everything is coming out slightly late and he's visibly turning what should be one read into two reads.

There's a reason Brian Flores called him out in the press today for how long he's holding the ball, how many practice and game sacks he's taking unnecessarily.

I don't think people really have a great sense for what it looks like when their team does have a bonafied franchise signal caller. Brian Flores does.

I'm sorry with that thread title it tells me that the "younger and cheaper" guy is the winner by default.

You're blind! The guy has already escaped more would be sacks than Tannehill did his entire years as a starter here. Rewrite your post! Try again.

Back
Top Bottom