It’s Hard Settling A Qb Competition When Neither Player Steps Up | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s Hard Settling A Qb Competition When Neither Player Steps Up

Well let's see...

Reasons to start Rosen:

-He has looked better in preseason.
-He is 22 and still learning/improving.
-He "might" be the QB of the future.
-He is more talented overall as a player.
-You need to see what he can do as a starter to know if you should draft a QB in 2020.

Reasons to start Fitzpatrick:

-He has more experience
-He's not in out future plans so we probably dont care if he gets killed behind this crappy O-line

Yea... I'll take my chances with Rosen. The article itself says exactly why Rosen should be the starter. If it's close or nobody has pulled away they why on Gods green earth would you start the journeyman QB with a career losing record and bad stats over a highly drafted young talented QB in his 2nd year that you just spent a high pick to get.

RF has won the QB competition in practice, Coach Flores is giving Rosen ample time in games and you can still see the hitching and hesitation that was a hallmark of Rosen's play in Arizona. That works against vanilla defenses playing back-ups without game-planning against the QB. Neither QB is great, probably not good but serviceable to get Tua next draft.

I really can’t believe people are so dug-in with their positions that they can actually try to claim “Rosen hasn’t shown anything”.

He hasn’t even taken a regular season snap for the Dolphins, but some are ready to claim that this 22-year old, top-10 draft pick is done.

It is utterly bizarre.

I will be happy when we have a QB that is good enough that we don't have to have 6 months of arguing if he's good or not. Or a QB that's good enough to have beaten out Fitzpatrick before the third preseason game or beat him out period haha

So you’re new to Finheaven??? This place will NEVER agree. Hell if this was around back on 84 we’d have anti Marino posters spouting off with non sense takes and crap statistics.

As far as beating Fitz out, in the eyes of many he has, just not Flores for some reason. I still maintain it’s a motivational head game or a stand off against Grier.

I really can’t believe people are so dug-in with their positions that they can actually try to claim “Rosen hasn’t shown anything”.

He hasn’t even taken a regular season snap for the Dolphins, but some are ready to claim that this 22-year old, top-10 draft pick is done.

It is utterly bizarre.

This is logic I don't understand.

Josh Rosen's progressions are taking too long right now. He's not showing anticipation of the receiver's break, the coverage, or the pass rush. We've seen that in preseason games. I saw it in both joint practices from the press area. My colleague saw it during training camp practices.

When the regular season starts...do you expect the game to get slower than those settings, or faster?

I mean, because this looks almost mathematical. If you're in a practice and preseason setting and you're taking too long with your progressions, not anticipating, then it's only natural to imagine what happens when you get to a regular season game setting and things are even faster, more intense, and defenses are doing more to confuse you.

This isn't rocket science to say that the guy isn't ready yet. He was the worst starting QB in football less than a year ago. To admit he's still not ready is not saying he never will be. Brian Flores is taking the long view on this, and I think that's to his credit.

Josh Rosen's progressions are taking too long right now. He's not showing anticipation of the receiver's break, the coverage, or the pass rush. We've seen that in preseason games. I saw it in both joint practices from the press area. My colleague saw it during training camp practices.

When the regular season starts...do you expect the game to get slower than those settings, or faster?

I mean, because this looks almost mathematical. If you're in a practice and preseason setting and you're taking too long with your progressions, not anticipating, then it's only natural to imagine what happens when you get to a regular season game setting and things are even faster, more intense, and defenses are doing more to confuse you.

This isn't rocket science to say that the guy isn't ready yet. He was the worst starting QB in football less than a year ago. To admit he's still not ready is not saying he never will be. Brian Flores is taking the long view on this, and I think that's to his credit.

The issue is that some people are saying “he never will be”.

How does one "step up" on a team that was clearly trying to finish last in the league before his arrival?

Monumental would be the accomplishment if Rosen lead us to just 4 wins with this roster. He can handle the pressure and punishment probably better than Fitzpatrick as well. If either needs to be protected, might be the older more reckless one.

The front office didn't want to set anything in stone back in April so they let it play out this way. Fitzpatrick should've been named the starter, with the caveat that if Rosen tore it up you wouldn't get any backlash (other than from RF) for that decision, in April.

The issue is that some people are saying “he never will be”.

Maybe so.

Projection always comes down to a gut feeling based on the information at hand. Organizing and adding volume to the information used doesn't necessarily change that, though doing it right can increase the chances that your gut feeling is correct.

Brian Flores has been trying to hammer it into everyone's skulls that they're taking the long view on Josh Rosen. I think that's wise. Maybe he starts. Maybe he doesn't.

Yeah I think I saw that one too. Then they removed him for the 3rd string guy the next possession.

Something said here is one thing that contradicts many fans points of views but I agree with it. These coaches don't need to "see what they have" in games because they already know by what they see in practice. Most fans do not see practices which is why the "we have to see what we have" phrase is thrown around so much. The Miami coaches know exactly what they have in Rosen right now, the question is can it get better in the much more difficult circumstances of regular season games?

I do not believe in the mythical guy that practices bad and plays well in games. People will say Matt Moore but c'mon was he really that good in games?

Something said here is one thing that contradicts many fans points of views but I agree with it. These coaches don't need to "see what they have" in games because they already know by what they see in practice. Most fans do not see practices which is why the "we have to see what we have" phrase is thrown around so much. The Miami coaches know exactly what they have in Rosen right now, the question is can it get better in the much more difficult circumstances of regular season games?

I do not believe in the mythical guy that practices bad and plays well in games. People will say Matt Moore but c'mon was he really that good in games?

I think some positions you see players that play the games differently than they do in practice, and it's a lot more natural due to the nature of the position.

Quarterback is not one of those, unless it's a guy that does SIGNIFICANT damage with his legs.

Thread warning: This is not a Tannehill thread.

every thread is a tannehill thread when you still hold him dear to your heart :p

And i still say let the kid play with his ENTIRE OL in tact for multiple series in a row so he can get in a rhytem, maybe less vanilla play calling, while knowing the team fully has his back.....instead of saying he's a **** sandwich and the only way he can taste good, is if you scrape the **** off, replace the bread, but in fresh bread,lots of meat, some lettuce, tomatoe, lots more bacon. and man thats a good looking sandwich now....oh wait nothing resembles what was there before.

there is stuff to get excited about without trying to completely right him off before game 1. very few are saying he's the actual savior, alot of of hope he is. but honestly just as many around here oddly hope that he still looks like that **** sandwich come reg season and it makes no sense. we can win with a system qb since that all some think he'll ever be, we just need the system fully in place and all the parts around it,

The topic is QB-competition and Tannehill is involved in one, what's the big deal?
I don't mind if he is mentioned directly when comparing to our current roster. But the posts I moved out were about him in a Titans uniform and his preseason games.
I left the posts where he was mentioned while the post stayed on topic. All others can talk about him in the General forum - that's where I moved these posts.

Back
Top Bottom