It's My Belief That To Be Successful This Upcoming Sunday...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's My Belief That To Be Successful This Upcoming Sunday......

I think we just need to protect the ball, and curb their rushing attack. Don't turn the ball over, and make the Jet's grind out long drives if they want to score. If we protect the ball, I think we can score enough to beat them. They didn't pile up 500 yards against the Lions. They just picked off 5 passes. I don't expect to see anything like that on Sunday.

I'm still a big believer that Gesicki will have to be a big part of the game plan this Sunday in order to be successful. Especially now with Sitton out, Tannehill may be under more pressure than last week and will need some extra check down options..............

I would like to see MG be a bigger part of the passing game, Smythe as well.

That said, if your hanging the outcome of a single game on the shoulders of a rookie TE, in only the second game of his career, you may want to reassess your expectations for the team.

Without Sitton the running game may be non existent against them like in previous years. Gase loves to go straight at them every time so far without success. I hope we go RB screen heavy from the get go to catch all the blitzing and keep them weary from the go.

We'll have to win it in the trenches. Run the ball well, protect Ryan and put pressure on Darnold.

I expect to see sacks this week - Miami should not have to worry about Darnold running all over the place like Mariota might.

Agreed. Drives can't stall.

That pass we forced to him would've made more sense if we were at the 15 and not the 4 yard line. Gesicki is not Gronk. Gronk's body/shield is his primary asset. Mike's asset is his catch radius, I expect to see him in motion a lot more this week.

Eager to hear about Devante Parker's progression. I know he's much maligned around these parts but he's atop Adam Gase's depth chart so that counts for something in my book.

The concerns with Gesicki coming out have surfaced enough where I agree, we need to get him in motion so he has real chances to catch the ball..expecting him to block inline is insanity, and him trying to get off the LOS against NFL caliber players is not a good matchup for him, it’s all about his catch radius like you said, ryan will have to adapt to this player because I don’t see him being able to get consistent separation at this level based on his physical and agility weaknesses..

definitely agree; and our D needs to be blitzing Darnold and make him think about throwing cross field again...

I seriously doubt gesicki can carry 25 lbs on that frame and not scrape the athlete.

Hell im not sure he can carry 10 more without doing so.

I dont think this team has what it takes to go in New York and pull out the Victory. There defences matches up well with us. Where going to have to Rely on Ryan Tannehill's arm to win this one.

Gesicki made me Getsicky with his effort on that INT.

There must be a reason his number is not being called more often. I was so excited about his size.

Everyone is citing offense. This game will be settled on defense. Our biggest advantage is facing a what seems to be overzealous rookie QB.

Blitz. The. QB.

I dont think this team has what it takes to go in New York and pull out the Victory. There defences matches up well with us. Where going to have to Rely on Ryan Tannehill's arm to win this one.
I heard the exact same "matchup" nonsense last week against Tennessee.

IMO, we have a good offensive scheme, and enough talent to keep the Jets off balance.

I think you simply take advantage of the mismatches when they present themselves and limit mistakes on defense. Try to force Darnold into a few early mistakes. Getting pressure would obviously be beneficial, rush the lad into some poor throws. I think saying that any one player needs to be the focus is very short sighted...especially if that player in a year 1 game 2 TE.

I think you simply take advantage of the mismatches when they present themselves and limit mistakes on defense. Try to force Darnold into a few early mistakes. Getting pressure would obviously be beneficial, rush the lad into some poor throws. I think saying that any one player needs to be the focus is very short sighted...especially if that player in a year 1 game 2 TE.

Miami's pass rush need to step up tomorrow, but the best way to mess with a rookie QB is to disguise coverages. That should play right into the Phins hands with the three safeties. I expect Burke to get more aggressive, and dial up some blitzes as the game progresses.

Take a look at the smythe block on the 75 yard td. He’s working a combination with tunsil where tunsil combo blocks inside first and then is there to help smythe with his outside shoulder. The rusher however tries to in a zone scheme stay away from the tackle and win vs the rookie tight end.

Instead he gets smoked. That’s what I’m talking about in a blocking primary in line tight end ask. Smythe rubs him completely out.

Back
Top Bottom