It's not about loving Rosen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's not about loving Rosen

Sirspud

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
What people don't understand about those of us really angry about Rosen not starting, or having to defend him against a QB who has scored 10 points in two starts, is that none of us are in love with Rosen as a prospect. We're in love with the idea of finding out what you have in a QB prospect and absolutely incensed that a QB who is 36, is a career choke artist, throws picks taken from the Brett Favre school of QB'ing, is starting for this team!

It's just insanely maddening to see a team in obvious rebuilding mode not do so at the quarterback position. This season is all about finding those future building blocks, and we jettisoned starting caliber players in favor of undrafted free agent caliber players at many positions on the field. Yet practically the only position on the field where we have a young prospect, drafted 10th overall, traded for a second young pick, and we refuse to start him?

It's maddening. Its infuriating. Its nonsensical. The only people it makes sense to are fans on this board who don't like Rosen, or who have a hard on for Tua, or both. But whether or not you like Rosen, this season should be about finding out what we need to do in the future at QB, and that question is not fairly and reasonably answered unless Rosen gets a chance to play. Because based on his consistent preseason play, he earned the chance to start, and we're not going to be convinced he somehow wasn't good enough.

I'm not in love with Rosen. I have my questions. I worry about his pocket presence. I worry he tries to do too much. I worry that he lacks finishing capability in the red zone and at the end of games. But those are questions and they need to be answered, and some of them might improve with time (whereas Fitz hasn't at 36 learned how to not throw head scratching picks). I'm in love with the idea of finding out what you have in a young QB. I'm in love with seeing what the guy who played with fire and mounted repeated scoring drives in the preseason can do with a legitimate chance at the helm. I imagine many fans on here are as well.

Whether or not the team is going to win, us fans watch it for entertainment value. I've found much entertainment in Dolphins games and seasons that didn't go anywhere. I would get entertainment out of answering the questions I mentioned above. I would get entertainment from everything positive the team would do with a young QB. I get almost no entertainment out of this team go nowhere while also wasting snaps on a 36 year old who is brutally ineffective to boot.

I want to be able to know with certainty what we have in our current young QB when we go to make the decision on placing another young QB into a dumpster fire a successful college QB will have never seen before at any level of his career.

Back
Top Bottom