It's Not All Jay Cutler, Folks | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Not All Jay Cutler, Folks

I don't think anybody is saying is all or even mostly on Cutler. Most of the fans are criticizing Gase for complete and total inept play calling, horrific situational awareness, and blindly sticking with a qb who had 30 yards in the first half. I think he's lost the locker room with his dictatorship and we are in for some ugly games with players just going through the motions.

Yep, its obvious offense is giving up on Gase, sadly very depressing to say but this is turning very philbin esque. Gase might just keep his job because of the wins even though he had nothing to do with them, never thought it could get worse than Philbin, but somehow its much worse, my god, gase is bad. Won't be surprised to see a mutiny soon because obviously Gase will never change. For those complaining about the OL Tannehill never had this good of an OL as bad as it is. The players don't care because of Gase, real coaches players love playing for. Thankfully the defense still played hard but you can't keep winning with only one side of the ball playing. Gotta love Dolphins players heart, dolphins coaches, not so much.

If Gase is true to his word, he MUST either bench Cutler, or 2 OLmen or both. He has to change SOMETHING or he's no more than a cool breeze.

My biggest issue w Jay is he doesn't want to stick his nose in there. All this throwing off of the back foot and happy feet in the pocket - he looks scared of getting hurt. For $10mil I want to see him stand in there and deliver. This win is a total mirage as Matt castle sucks as bad as Jay and we are now 4 straight games where a Cutler led offense has scored a total of 3 TDs. How do you not make a QB change? QBs job is to lead the offense to points. If he's not doing that after 4 games you seriously have to think about other options. See if it sparks the team.

Exactly. I don't know what people are watching. Almost all of today was on Cutler. The pass protection was fine. He was throwing horrible balls, throwing with crap footwork and mechanics, and doesn't keep his eyes down field to let the play develop if he has to move AT ALL. His accuracy is dramatically worse than Tannehill's, and his ability to make a good intermediate or deep throw when he may get hit is dramatically worse than Moore. I'm surprised myself but Moore would get much better results than him, he just looks scared.

I'm not happy with Cutler either, but you guys that think he has actually been given a pocket to throw out of, or even "better" protection than Tanny has gotten the last few years, are high.

Cutler certainly is a problem, but the oline is a huge problem as well.

On the WR/TE drops: the receivers had their hands on the balls, but Cutler hasn't placed the ball in the catch zone very often. And let's say those receivers caught those drops (I counted 3 this game), is that enough to say Jay Cutler played well? I don't think it is. This guy isn't throwing the ball the way he should. Receivers shouldn't have to adjust so much to catch a ball. At this point, I don't even think Cutler is a good game manager type of QB.

On the OL: they played well enough to win. They gave Cutler enough time to throw the ball. Cutler is a vet, he should know who's got favorable coverage before the ball is even snapped. Cutler doesnt need 4 seconds to throw the ball.

Overall, I'm still in favor of benching Cutler.

Cutler's awful. Let's call it as it is. No position influences the rest of the team as much as QB and he's a garbage QB who somehow is an even worse leader. Also Gase's arrogance in regards to Cutler can only poison the rest of the team.

I love Ajayi but I feel like he hasnt been busting the huge gainers t hat set the tone for the offense. I don't have the time to do the research but I would guess if Ajayi has a single run of 20+ yards, the team usually wins. I also feel like there would be a correlation with how many carries Ajayi gets, as well.

My point being, i that our offense doesn't run through the QB anymore, let alone Landry. We need our inspiring plays to come from the run game. Cutler isn't the main problem because he isn't the decider of whether or not we win. Ajayi, is the key to winning for this offense. We need to keep that in mind when designing game plans

Probably due to teams not viewing Cutler as a threat to do anything with the ball. That enables them to tee off on the run game. Remember that Ajayi has been hit in the backfield a ton already in just 4 games.

Is this a qb protest?? Thomas drops a ball in his hands, next play Landry drops one (Although a tough ball to catch) next play Stills drops one. Seems sketchy. Are these guys wanting Moore to come in?

Is this a qb protest?? Thomas drops a ball in his hands, next play Landry drops one (Although a tough ball to catch) next play Stills drops one. Seems sketchy. Are these guys wanting Moore to come in?

All of those were tough catches. WR's should have made those plays, but QB should have also made the play (i.e. placing the ball in the right spot). Its a failure on both ends. You cant expect the WR's to make shoestring catches and one-handed grabs every pass play. Catchable? Sure, but let's be realistic about our expectations on QB play.

Before half Landry drops ball on sideline, did not fight for it. Second half drops by Grey, Landry, Thomas twice and Stills. No way you gain momentum with that. Not to mention our first round pick Turnstile at left tackle. Offense lacks any kind of emotion, very flat. Seems like they aren't buying into Gase.
The pass to Landry was waaaaaay too late. I thought I saw some frustration in Landry's face after that.

Back
Top Bottom