It's not how... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's not how...

Lazy1

The Beer Pong Table of Champions!
Reaction score
Thought on workouts

As i read through many of people thoughts on this board i realize that so many people get excited when people run fast forty times or have good size on them. Don't get me wrong i understand the importance of speed and size in football, but its not how big or fast you are... Its how big and fast you PLAY. The one person that comes to mind is Brown, i know alot of people here love ronnie brown and dont get me wrong he is a good prospect, but the fact that until the combine he was ranked the 3rd best running back by most and than after he runs a good 40 time people want to draft him with the 2nd overall pick... that just worries me.

Good point but I think that the argument for Brown is not that he is the best at anything but he is well rounded and has the most potential. It just seems like with his size, speed, hands, vision, and blocking ability he is bound to be a great back.

fast 40 times are nothing to me unless they are in surtain positions like CB if a CB runs a 4.89 and expects to be able to shutdown a WR then he is stupid!
40 times are not important, this is why we should pick up claret in the late rounds

:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:
fear-the-d said:
fast 40 times are nothing to me unless they are in surtain positions like CB if a CB runs a 4.89 and expects to be able to shutdown a WR then he is stupid!
40 times are not important, this is why we should pick up claret in the late rounds

I don't know about Claret, but I agree with your comment about the 40 times. One name Zack Thomas.

Yeah Mr Nice Attitude, I mean i can take a few scenes from Pro Bowlers and thats why I defend Boston, but I wont take every single reject on my team. A bad attitude and personal problems have PROVEN to this organization to be more important than ANYTHING.

I don't know about Claret, but I agree with your comment about the 40 times. One name Zack Thomas.
zach is a bit of a strange player. he is short sabastian Janakowski weighs more than he does but some how is and amazing tackler

Zach plays faster and bigger than he is. Players like a zach thomas can't be messured by a stopwatch or in any workout. He just knows how to play football.

Thats what Saban needs to look at. Football players with heart not 40 speeds or how high they jump.

40 times, vertical jumps, bench reps, these things cna generally rate a guys heart and determination. Your physical statisticals are what you put into them. You don't just wake up and run a 4.4. it takes a healthy diet. it takes good exercise. it takes the ability to train, to fight, to win. If you want to bench a lot, you damn well have to spend a good amount of time in the weight room. strength, quickness, and heart. Not everyone is born with natural speed. Some guys have had to run and train everyday since their freshman year in high school to run a 4.7. We're not all blessed. This was a good thread because a guy could work just as hard as ronnie brown does, but run a 4.7 and not a 4.4. Thats life i guess.

The word GAMER seems to fit for Zach

Lazy1 said:
Zach plays faster and bigger than he is. Players like a zach thomas can't be messured by a stopwatch or in any workout. He just knows how to play football.

I had Ronnie Brown before the combine. I had him when I tuned in to an Auburn game about 2 years ago to see a guy named Carnell "CADILLAC" Williams. The reason i'm really watching this Auburn game against Clemson is b/c i wanted to see the "hype" rb in college at the time b/c the Fins obviously lost Ricky</////////////>Williams. We will need one of these RB's in the future I thought to myself so I carefully atched that game and specifically Cadillac. What I saw from Carnell was good and all but when they put in this Big,Dark Visored, Huge "backup" that was unknown to me at the time....WoWwww!!! All I knew about him at the time was that he had the words BROWN on his jersey and that he was BIGGG. And as soon as they handed him the ball he burst into this MLB for a 9 yard gain, plowing him and pushing for another 4 yards!!! He then gets the ball again and runs a sweep left where he stiff armed two guys off him and then he just TOOK OFF toward the line !!!! I knew at that moment that I had to keep an eye on this kid!!!. At the time my 5 fave College Rb's were:

1.Darren Sproles, KSU
2.Cedric Benson, Tex
3.Kevin Jones, VT
4.Carnell Williams, Auburn
5.T.A. McLendon, N.C. State

But guess who made the list at number 6.....RONNIE BROWN!!!!!!

And as the years have gone by, he's moved all the way up to #1. He is the most versatile back i've seen since i've been watching all those RB's i named above. If we're picking a RB at # 2 it's either RONNIE, or Cedric. that's the only way i see it.

Back
Top Bottom