Its Official- Jamar Fletcher Sux | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its Official- Jamar Fletcher Sux

What makes it so tough was that he wasn't even challenged. It's one thing when Harrison beat Surtain after Pat jams him or is tight on him. But Fletch lines up off of him and immediately retreats. And when he did line up in press, he didn't get a jam on him or even attempt to disrupt the route.

His technique isn't sound. He's got to watch Sam and learn how to get the jam and stay with him.

Fletcher got torched today but was it 100% his fault?

Why didn't they either move Madison to whatever side Harrison line up or double cover Harrison with a safety? I can't understand why they left Fletcher to single cover one of the best WR's in the league.

I still say give Fletcher a few more weeks before we start calling him the next Jerry Wilson. He needs more practice and like the announcer said keep your eyes out of the backfield and on the WR.

Don't forget about Omar Lowe. Before he hurt his ankle the staff was raving about him and he was pushing Fletcher for the nickel spot. If he didn't lose too much training camp time he might be able to help.

I appreciate even more the fact that we have two of the best CB's in the league. With no Surtain and a hobbled Madison our defense was not very good.

Come on guys. He was getting beat but making the tackle for no extra gain. Jamar was torched for a TD but who on the Dolphins has not been torched by Harrison for a TD??? JF did talk some trash his rookie year but has learned to shut up and realize he's not there yet.

Muck--that argument does hold water. I remember Madison getting burnt many times early in his career, and I remember Surtain struggling at times. Is Fletcher as good as either one of those two? Not even close. Will he be? I don't know. But, is he a failure because he's not up to covering the most productive wide receiver over the past 5 years (who's being thrown to by one of the best quarterbacks)? Hardly. And, I think it's a little irrational for anyone to conclude he's a failure based on that. You guys are acting like he cost us the game or something. He didn't. In fact, luck or no luck, he did actually pick one off today, perhaps preventing an Indy score. If he can't cover the third receiver, then I'll agree he's failing. But, until then...

He was fine today and did a good job for a player who had absolutley no pass rush and had to cover a player much faster who knew where he was going and Fletch didn't.

Wow fans expect alot from a player who is not a starter. Just because he was a 1st rd pick should not elevate the expectations of him to do the job he's on the team to do, and that's be a nickel back. He was beat by a nice play, route, and throw.

Some of you fans are definitely expecting to much from him.

I would concentrate a whole lot less on what Fletcher did against Harrison, and a whole lot more on what he did against Wayne and Ismail. I didn't think he did too bad against them other than on some penalties. If Jamar plays slot, he's not supposed to jam his man at the line of scrimmage. Keep that in mind. If he doesn't jam a guy its cuz the coaches don't want him too. Otherwise its an extremely extremely EXTREMELY correctable problem. Its not like the coaches go up to him and say "Jam your man on 1st and 2nd downs." and Jamar says "no"

Today was a learning experience for Jamar. Even so he didn't get extremely abused except on the TD, where lets face it...both Madison and Surtain have been burned by Harrison. Harrison ran a very good fade route...he faked a post. Jamar bit.

Shane, I'm not basing this on just today. I'm basing it on the last 14 months. And he looks like the same player he was then. He's struggled against EVERYONE. Not just Harrison. Like I said, this guy was getting torched by guys like Margin Hooks in training camp.

You guys know me. I'm all about waiting and keeping a level head (witness how I've defended Jay Fiedler for two years). But this kid still can't man the NICKEL spot. And not by a little, but by A LOT. He's a long ways from ready. And he supposedly has loads of skill. And if you're that talented, you shouldn't be getting beaten that often by eveyone.

Maybe it's not his fault. Maybe it's Wanny's because he thought this kid was 1st Round material.

We can find fault with the DL for giving Manning too much time, or Bates for playing too Vanilla D or for the D for not Wrapping up and tackling properly but the bottom line is holding Indy to 13 in their house D gets a B+++

We've played 4 halves of football so far and for three of them Fletcher has been the starting CB. It's yet to be determined whether or not he can man the nickel.

Everybody needs to give the guy a break for a few more weeks. Let's see what happens when/if Madison and Surtain stay healthy. He's been forced into the hardest position in football and he went up against one of the best WR's in the league. Heck Surtain didn't even start until his third year and look how good he's become.

We're 2-0.

Surtain took Buckley's job midway thru his second season. And he was indeed shaky that season. But he challenged WRs. And he didn't get the benefit of playing off the ball or the centerfield scheme we have today. Our CBs played on islands 95% of the time back then.

It ain't over yet for him. But he put himself behind the 8-ball when he held out. We need a veteran back there ASAP to bide us time. Let me exhale and give him another chance.

yea Jamar really crapped on the dolphins. Because he got torched by Harrison for a td, the Colts could have beaten us.
But i guess we should cut him some slack. I mean c'mon, it was Marvin Harrison.......he is elite.............

He held out 2 days Muck...

... and you don't get paid during the pre-season.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Muck
Jamar was a first round pick. He held out. And he still can't cover anyone. He couldn't cover Ismail. He deserves to be tongue-lashed.

It won't be any easier next week. Coles runs a 4.18. Santana Moss' speed goes without saying. And Wayne Chrebet is never an easy cover.

well i did not get to see the game but all i can say is he had a boat load of tackles an int and he got beat by harrison and peyton, just like madison and surtain have before time and time again. Harrison is going to get his.

I don't recall Madison getting beaten by Harrison the last few years. Surtain has. All those tackles came after his man caught a pass.

Back
Top Bottom