Its Official- Jamar Fletcher Sux | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its Official- Jamar Fletcher Sux

Sorry, but part of the problem is that he still hasn't shown a hint of promise in all his time he's been here. Not one important, critical play. That is why us fans who feel this way about him are down on him. Until he does make at least a play or two, there just isn't any reason to believe or be excited about him.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I would concentrate a whole lot less on what Fletcher did against Harrison, and a whole lot more on what he did against Wayne and Ismail. I didn't think he did too bad against them other than on some penalties. If Jamar plays slot, he's not supposed to jam his man at the line of scrimmage. Keep that in mind. If he doesn't jam a guy its cuz the coaches don't want him too. Otherwise its an extremely extremely EXTREMELY correctable problem. Its not like the coaches go up to him and say "Jam your man on 1st and 2nd downs." and Jamar says "no"

Today was a learning experience for Jamar. Even so he didn't get extremely abused except on the TD, where lets face it...both Madison and Surtain have been burned by Harrison. Harrison ran a very good fade route...he faked a post. Jamar bit.

Boy I'd have to see some tape of what he did against the others, I could swear I saw him beaten by Ismial too, but thats really not a problem, it is that IF Surtain is going to miss any amount of time, and they do not sign anyone, it looks like Jamar will be one of our starting Cb's

The coaches will know best on this, and I'd hope that their more than willing to put Madison on the better Wr if this happens. I'd hate to see Jamar Fletcher lose his confidence. He seems fine in the slot, but......

SoFlaFan...an INT is not a play? Sure it was tipped but he was still there to make the play.

Fletch has always been known as a playmaker is what I find funny about your post....give him a little time...he looked fine to me against people he is suited to be guarding.

Originally posted by Phinstd

he looked fine to me against people he is suited to be guarding. [/B]

Looked fine against people he is suited to be guarding?

That's funny.

That is not a statement that should be made of a first round pick in his second year in the league!

You basically just agreed with these guys that he just dosen't cut it. His lack of speed was glaringly apparent on that Harrison pass. His skills might improve but what I think some of these guys are saying is that it looks pretty safe to say that he'll never be a first round quality CB. Maybe not even a good starting CB period.

Regardless, it was a great game and were 2-0. Hopefully Surtain will be fine.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
He's a joke....

He's been getting beat on almost every single play....

How can we continue to trust his lack of coverage skills???....

We need to find his replacement fast!!!...

PHINZ RULE!!!

allright you guys are a little overboard here. he was not burnt on every play. that is simply way off. fletcher got called for interference cus he was playing agressive. now maybe his skills are lacking when it comes to his reciever downfield but im sorry, he was not as bad as you people are making him out to be. to be covering Harrison is wrong to begin with. he shuldnt have those responsablities when we have surtain and madison. i see noone mentioning the fact that surtain got used.

Originally posted by SoFlaFan
Sorry, but part of the problem is that he still hasn't shown a hint of promise in all his time he's been here. Not one important, critical play. That is why us fans who feel this way about him are down on him. Until he does make at least a play or two, there just isn't any reason to believe or be excited about him.

your full of $#!* ive got the games taped and i know damn well there is at least a great play on each game so quit your fuc$%% bellyaching!:monkey: :yell:

Originally posted by Merman
Come on guys. He was getting beat but making the tackle for no extra gain. Jamar was torched for a TD but who on the Dolphins has not been torched by Harrison for a TD??? JF did talk some trash his rookie year but has learned to shut up and realize he's not there yet.

yeah i got the tape from last year that i checked out and Surtain and madison were burnt. madison did make the td saving int when he separated his shoulder, but he still got burnt. im sorry, Harrison is the best and fletcher hasnt played enough to judge him fairly. He is also in a sticky position of knowing all three spots cus of injuries to madison and surtain. can any of you tell me what madison or surtain did there first year? and then what after that? how many games did madison play before we knew he was a stud? i bet there are a lot of short memeories.

Originally posted by Muck
What makes it so tough was that he wasn't even challenged. It's one thing when Harrison beat Surtain after Pat jams him or is tight on him. But Fletch lines up off of him and immediately retreats. And when he did line up in press, he didn't get a jam on him or even attempt to disrupt the route.

His technique isn't sound. He's got to watch Sam and learn how to get the jam and stay with him.

did you ever think for a second that that is what the coaches were telling him to do? quite frankly, im sick of our "sit back and watch" attitude of our whole damn defense. zach has been very ineffective. Our DT's have been terrible. Im not impressed with Rob Burnett or jay williams whatsoever! henry Taylor was better than those guys!:fire:

Originally posted by finfan54

did you ever think for a second that that is what the coaches were telling him to do? quite frankly, im sick of our "sit back and watch" attitude of our whole damn defense. zach has been very ineffective. Our DT's have been terrible. Im not impressed with Rob Burnett or jay williams whatsoever! henry Taylor was better than those guys!:fire:

but Fletcher is fine?

I won't say how terrible his is, or isn't. But I will say this after watching the game.

The Colts made him look like he was their bitch a few times. And Harrison used him like a puppet as well.

Does that make him bad? Not really, but they were abusing Fletcher all day until Sam Madison switched sides with him. After that, Harrison only caught one more pass. So in reflection, Fletcher was the weak CB this game. But it's only one game.

I'm just wondering how Madison feels about Fletcher after having to pick up for him.

Originally posted by Ozzy

but Fletcher is fine?

Fletcher has two Int's. He has made a good play over the middle two weeks in a row. I will check the tape out soon and get back to ya but i will say this. I just saw wannstedt in the press conference, and he made a statement that Arturo Freeman was suppose to have coverage on the long play where harrison faked short and kept on going and beat fletcher by a mile. the problem was is that freeman was suppose to be there on cover two. it worked later he said when marion had the cover deep. you people need to keep things in perspective. If you want to say he is not a first rounder, fine, but dont tell me crap like he sucks and he hasnt done anything. thats bullship.

Originally posted by finfan54

Fletcher has two Int's. He has made a good play over the middle two weeks in a row. I will check the tape out soon and get back to ya but i will say this. I just saw wannstedt in the press conference, and he made a statement that Arturo Freeman was suppose to have coverage on the long play where harrison faked short and kept on going and beat fletcher by a mile. the problem was is that freeman was suppose to be there on cover two. it worked later he said when marion had the cover deep. you people need to keep things in perspective. If you want to say he is not a first rounder, fine, but dont tell me crap like he sucks and he hasnt done anything. thats bullship.

My point is that while you seem to think the DT's and Zach are big problems (which I do not totally disagree with), but yet for any of us to question a Cb is wrong?

In one of his first big tests, he gets schooled. Yes, by one of the best Wr's, but man I saw three plays where I could have sworn I saw Fletchers shoes still in the same spot. He deserves some criticism IMO. So do the coaches, so do a lot of things.

All in all this was a win, and not a lot of points were scored by them, but we should be able to vent just like you? Except you do use a little more profanity......and these thingys #@#$%%%

Oh you mean the same player?

... who started in place of Madison and played solid last year?

If you are an offensive coordinator Muck who are you going to throw against, Madison or Fletcher? Come on man think.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Muck
Shane, I'm not basing this on just today. I'm basing it on the last 14 months. And he looks like the same player he was then. He's struggled against EVERYONE. Not just Harrison. Like I said, this guy was getting torched by guys like Margin Hooks in training camp.

You guys know me. I'm all about waiting and keeping a level head (witness how I've defended Jay Fiedler for two years). But this kid still can't man the NICKEL spot. And not by a little, but by A LOT. He's a long ways from ready. And he supposedly has loads of skill. And if you're that talented, you shouldn't be getting beaten that often by eveyone.

Maybe it's not his fault. Maybe it's Wanny's because he thought this kid was 1st Round material.

He did not get schooled...

... he did his job. A. Freeman gave up the TD not Fletch. Why aren't you talking about A. Freemans poor play yesterday?

Oliver...

Originally posted by Ozzy

My point is that while you seem to think the DT's and Zach are big problems (which I do not totally disagree with), but yet for any of us to question a Cb is wrong?

In one of his first big tests, he gets schooled. Yes, by one of the best Wr's, but man I saw three plays where I could have sworn I saw Fletchers shoes still in the same spot. He deserves some criticism IMO. So do the coaches, so do a lot of things.

All in all this was a win, and not a lot of points were scored by them, but we should be able to vent just like you? Except you do use a little more profanity......and these thingys #@#$%%%

Originally posted by chambers84
NO young or not, CBs are not like RBs,QB, or WRs that need to be taught and nurtured into the NFL, they are suppossed to make an imediate impact. Especially a first Round pick who bitched about his contract and almost held out last year. Fletcher sucks, and we wasted another First Round Pick. If it wasn't for Chris Chambers success our draft would have totaly sucked last year. We won, so I'm not that pissed. GO RICKY!!

RB's need to be nurtured but CB's don't? How long have you been watching football? RB is considered the most "right out of the box" position. Why do you think Rookie of the Year goes to an RB almost every year? Conversely, CB is a finesse position. It takes time to adjust to the speed, and learn Pro offenses. How many rookie CB's have been impact players versus rookie RB's?

Back
Top Bottom