Its official Kyle Pitts is greatest TE prospect | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its official Kyle Pitts is greatest TE prospect

I'm not sold. Now...if there was a Kittle, Gronk or Kelce in the draft Id be down to take them at 3. Pitts, imo, is not in their league or even close.
Watch the TB vs Washington game. Gronk went 1v1 against Chase Young and did an amazing job blocking him.

I know a lot of people are saying he could learn to block. Im not sold on that at all.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm not sold. Now...if there was a Kittle, Gronk or Kelce in the draft Id be down to take them at 3. Pitts, imo, is not in their league or even close.
Watch the TB vs Washington game. Gronk went 1v1 against Chase Young and did an amazing job blocking him.

I know a lot of people are saying he could learn to block. Im not sold on that at all.

Just my 2 cents.
He's also, more than those others, not just a TE. He's also the best WR on most teams and shouldn't be asked to block a ton...but he's a willing and improving blocker and only 20 years old and well gronk is what..32? He's been at it a lot longer..unfair comparison..but yeah..if you use him just as a TE and expect him to block DE's half the time and run routes the other half..absolutely, he's not a #3 overall pick..but you're also doing him a disservice. My 2 cents.

@Gatorboy

Its crazy but Gronk, Kittle and Kelce are by far blockers first. Not pass catchers first.
Pitts is starting the other way around. As someone that played in College its massive difference. A good blocking TE is worth so much in so many ways. Of course great blocks are hardly worthy of replays but the fact is is that TE is a block first position as that allows you now open up so many more offensive options such as chipping to get open and catching the ball.
A block first TE opens up defenses in a way that pass first TE never could.
The fact that Kittle Gronk and Kelce are block focused TEs is what allows them to create nightmares for defenses.
WR, TEs are just massive WR that can be shutdown if focused like Kelce in the Superbowl. Yes, Kelce had good numbers but that was when they stopped smothering him and focused on the deep threat and left the short ball open.

You can't really teach that beast blocking mindset. To help explain this Kittle stated in an interview that he would rather pancake someone than score a TD.

@Gatorboy

Its crazy but Gronk, Little and Kelce are by far blockers first. Not pass catchers first.
Pitts is starting the other way around. As someone that played in College its massive difference. A good blocking TE is worth so much in so many ways. Of course great blocks are hardly worthy of replays but the fact is is that TE is a block first position as that allows you now open up so many more offensive options such as chipping to get open and catching the ball.
A block first TE opens up defenses in a way that pass first TE never could.
The fact that Kittle Gronk and Kelce are block focused TEs is what allows them to create nightmares for defenses.
WR, TEs are just massive WR that can be shutdown if focused like Kelce in the Superbowl. Yes, Kelce had good numbers but that was when they stopped smothering him and focused on the deep threat and left the short ball open.
That's what I'm getting at..Pitts is not just a TE..he almost needs a category for himself..if he was a pure "TE" he might be a back half of the draft guy....

@Gatorboy

Ahh, I get what you're saying now. After signing Fuller we could possibly grab Pitts to open stuff up.
At the end of the day its all about entertainment and Pitts will def be awesome to watch. He could be the next Tony Gonzales.
The Dolphins certainly in a good spot to draft Pitts.

Np.
@Gatorboy

Ahh, I get what you're saying now. After signing Fuller we could possibly grab Pitts to open stuff up.
At the end of the day its all about entertainment and Pitts will def be awesome to watch. He could be the next Tony Gonzales.
@Gatorboy

no problem, brotha! All good!

Now with a guy like Fuller to be your speed guy, does Miami look at Pitts after the trade down? Is it even a luxury you can afford?

Yes, I believe so, I didn’t 48 hours ago.

Absolutely love him in a trade down. 6,7,8 is a perfect landing spot for us in a trade and still score the impact of using the third pick outright.

I don’t ever remember a situation like Pitts/Smith/Chase/Waddle in such a cluster and nothing resembling a consensus on who’s going to be better. This might be that year where all 4 pan out and it doesn’t matter which one you got. Statistically speaking you’d expect at least one to bust though.

There is no part of me that could possibly be upset if we draft any of the 4 with our first pick, so naturally, selecting one of those guys at 3 is the only thing that can actually upset me. Wouldn’t make sense in the world of business.

Last edited:
Yes, I believe so, I didn’t 48 hours ago.

Absolutely love him in a trade down. 6,7,8 is a perfect landing spot for us in a trade and still score the impact of using the third pick outright.

I don’t ever remember a situation like Pitts/Smith/Chase/Waddle in such a cluster and nothing resembling a consensus on who’s going to be better. This might be that year where all 4 pan out and it doesn’t matter which one you got. Statistically speaking you’d expect at least one to bust.

There is no part of me that could possibly be upset if we draft any of the 4 with our first pick, so naturally, selecting one of those guys at 3 is the only thing that can actually upset me. Wouldn’t make sense in the world of business.

i think this is ultimately where I end up. I’m going to be happy either way, but I’ll have my preferred favorite of course!

I think the important thing about the trade down is just having a group of players that you feel roughly the same about with no clear winner, all of whom could help your football team immensely.

That could be the situation Miami are in, now. They can be relatively ambivalent about whether they get a crack at Kyle Pitts, Devonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Ja'Marr Chase, or Penei Sewell. And with most people thinking there will be four QBs gone in the top 6 or 7 picks...if you trade down and stay in the top 10 you're still going to get a crack at one of those.

Personally I do think Kyle Pitts stands above and that's just because he's a rare bird.

Pitts is 5 catches 80 yards day 1. Defenses will be focused on what he's doing first snap. That opens up so much for Tua who will be peppering Pitts all game. Then you got long striding Gesicki 25 yards down the field. Many permutations built around the attention Pitts gets. This has me salivating.

We see in free-agency wide receivers can be had - take your pick. Top receivers can be traded for - take your pick. Top TE are unicorns. Heck we saw what Waller did to us. Last year Waller was a difference maker in at least 6 games last year. The entire Pats defensive game plan was focused on him.

Pitts may be too special a prospect to pass up, even at #3, and to me that's crazy.

I love the idea of having Pitts and Gesicki on the same roster, however I’d also really love it if the Cowboys had a strong interest in MG so we could facilitate a move up to 10.

Skura and Wilson acquisitions bought the FO the time to evaluate what they have and not have to go big on the OL too early. And that’s coming from someone who’s had his sights set solely on Sewell all season long. I watched all that Texans football in 2020 hoping it would lead to the Oregon tackle.

Now, I’m just thinking we land the right center prospect, early enough (50 or 81), to provide serious potential.

In addition to the 4 skill guys I’d lump Parsons into that category of talent too where I’d really love to snag two of them (but not 2 WRs) .

PFN mock machine now has Pitts as their #3 guy, trading back to 7 with Detriot and he was gone for me. I'm thinking I would rather have Pitts at 3 than trading back and missing out gut getting another day 2 pick.

PFN mock machine now has Pitts as their #3 guy, trading back to 7 with Detriot and he was gone for me. I'm thinking I would rather have Pitts at 3 than trading back and missing out gut getting another day 2 pick.
Really? They moved him up from what # overall? 7 or 8 or something?

Well deserved..while i don't think he will go #1 i think he's the #1 talent, if you ask me. QB just will always get priority if it's close, right or wrong!

Back
Top Bottom