Its official: We are interested in Watson per Barry Jackson | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its official: We are interested in Watson per Barry Jackson

Fin-Loco

Submarine Screen Door Slammer
Club Member
Reaction score
When the team leader, JJ Watt publicly apologized to him, dont think he is a cancer or diva as you described.
So you are mad at him because he wants freedom of employment, like you and me?
If you or I sign an employee contract we have to honor it. He signed it less than a year ago and made quite a bit from having done that. Honor your word. I know being a selfish piece of crap is easier but honor your word.

BobDole

Suck it Trebek
Club Member
Reaction score
The place was is a bleep show yet he was happy to take them to the bank himself - he should have realized that there wasn’t enough dough to keep everyone around including his buddy Hopkins

As the saying goes he wants to both cut and eat his cake

He should've realized the team he was playing for was too stupid to afford the contract they offered him? And Hopkins was collateral damage? Is that where we're at with this now?

Is that how the saying goes?

:bobdole:

Anyone defending the Texans POV after the last 6 years of genius tier O'Brien moves needs to take a much deeper look into how that organization was able to simultaneously add talent and fall apart. We're talking some of the worst trades ever.

BobDole

Suck it Trebek
Club Member
Reaction score
If you or I sign an employee contract we have to honor it. He signed it less than a year ago and made quite a bit from having done that. Honor your word. I know being a selfish piece of crap is easier but honor your word.

Why waste a fleeting NFL career on a team going no where? You acting like there's any honor in how any of this works is just weird. The only major sport where players don't get guaranteed contracts but yeah it's the ones getting bent over a barrel who aren't honorable.

Maybe if you disagree you can demand satisfaction and challenge me to a duel. :lol:

Last edited:

zodiak

Starter
Reaction score
Why waste a fleeting NFL career on a team going no where? You acting like there's any honor in how any of this works is just weird. The only major sport where players don't get guaranteed contracts but yeah it's the ones getting bent over a barrel who aren't honorable.

Maybe if you disagree you can demand satisfaction and challenge me to a duel. :lol:
Yes honor the contract!

Watson was not a rookie going into signing the deal blindly, he was in his 4 year I may be off a year, point is he had been in the organization and Jack Easterby the man of contention with many Texans players was already part of the organization.

It is a bad look to me on Watson he should have been fully aware of the commitment he was making and the circumstances in which he was in.

That being said, many fans here are upset with Xavien Howard for asking to get a new deal after signing an extension 2 years ago, same situation in my opinion.

And yet we have different views from dolfans on how they view each player.

I would not hold this against Watson in determining a trade, I feel he has proven at both Clemson and Houston he his a respected team leader he is what a QB needs to be in that regard.

Beach Bum 91

Water Boy
Reaction score
IMO, the cost is a non-issue for 2 reasons, number one, because we currently have the luxury of half the draft picks probably needed to make a deal being extra picks, and number 2, because the actual players we'd likely end up taking will not be the home runs people act like they most certainly would be.
Additionally, his salary would not make us "cash strapped", as he only would cost us $10 million next year in a down cap year, and then the salary cap is set to go up significantly.

For those that don't want to trade for Watson because they think that Tua is the guy, I totally get that and can get behind that. What i can't get behind is the thought process that 2 1's, 2 2's, and maybe a player or 2 would be too much to get a QB of Watson's caliber.
Yeah, count me in as one of those that can't get behind giving up all that draft capital. We have done a great job of rebuilding, but we still have a ways to go. Tua is good enough if we follow Jordan Reid's three P's ( 1. Pass protection, 2. Playmakers, 3. Great play caller). This is a great draft to get Tua some playmakers. Trading for Watson without being able to surround him with help won't gain us much, in my humble opinion.

Fin-Loco

Submarine Screen Door Slammer
Club Member
Reaction score

That's nonsense. He signed his extension after Hopkins left. He knew what he was doing and how the team looked. The executive he hated was still there then but he didn't care because there was cashola on the table? The guys a hypocrite and a cancer. I don't want him.

Glad to know you don't support keeping your word and trying to keep your good name clean. You might want to change your screename. BD would agree with me.

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Club Member
Reaction score
Hell we can trade picks, then we give them next years 1st round if we want trevor lawrence that bad. Otherwise Tua starts for us. I created a mock draft detailing this.

bdizzle00

Scout Team
Reaction score
Yeah, count me in as one of those that can't get behind giving up all that draft capital. We have done a great job of rebuilding, but we still have a ways to go. Tua is good enough if we follow Jordan Reid's three P's ( 1. Pass protection, 2. Playmakers, 3. Great play caller). This is a great draft to get Tua some playmakers. Trading for Watson without being able to surround him with help won't gain us much, in my humble opinion.
Although I think it's improbable we trade for Watson, trading for him would not leave us without the draft picks or money necessary to surround him with talent.

Let's use the scenario that it would take 2-1's, 2-2's, and Tua to get Watson. We wouldn't have the extra picks from the Tunsil trade, but we would still have one first and one second round pick between the next 2 years, that's not leaving us unable to add talent.

In my somewhat realistic ideal scenario, we trade down from #3 to #8 or #9, get an additional first round pick in 2022, and then trade #8 or #9 in 2021, one of our second round picks in 2021, one of our first round picks in 2022, our second round pick in 2022, and Tua for Watson. In this scenario, that would leave us with picks in every round as we normally would except for the second round in 2022. That's not prohibitive to adding talent at all.

Regardless of a Watson trade, I hope we are able to trade down to #8 or #9 from #3 this year and pick up an extra first next year. That would be awesome.

Last edited:

BobDole

Suck it Trebek
Club Member
Reaction score
That's nonsense. He signed his extension after Hopkins left. He knew what he was doing and how the team looked. The executive he hated was still there then but he didn't care because there was cashola on the table? The guys a hypocrite and a cancer. I don't want him.

Glad to know you don't

Your posts regarding this topic have become completely unhinged.

Digital

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
About half of the teams in the NFL are interested in Watson, maybe more. The Texans wouldn't want to trade away Watson to get back the very pick of theirs that they foolishly traded away in the Tunsil trade. I suspect even if we put forward the best offer, they would prefer to deal with another team. They don't want Tua, so we'd also need to find a 3rd team that was interested in giving us value for Tua, and that's not going to be easy. The price for Watson will be more than for Stafford, so we're looking at 3 first rounders at a minimum. Even if we could get a 1st back for Tua (itself a difficult trade in this time window), we'd still need to give up #3 and #18 plus whatever pick we got for Tua ... and likely more than that, and THEN we'd have to pay Watson and probably re-negotiate his contract to absurd levels.

Nothing about this really sounds like we'll be getting Watson. Grier has poised us to build around Tua. I'm expecting that is exactly what we'll do. And if Tua can deliver on his promise and if our defense remains elite, we'll carve out a window where we have a cheap QB salary and can challenge in the playoffs if things go well.

Rev Kev

InTUAtive
Club Member
Reaction score
He should've realized the team he was playing for was too stupid to afford the contract they offered him? And Hopkins was collateral damage? Is that where we're at with this now?

Is that how the saying goes?

:bobdole:

Anyone defending the Texans POV after the last 6 years of genius tier O'Brien moves needs to take a much deeper look into how that organization was able to simultaneously add talent and fall apart. We're talking some of the worst trades ever.
Defending? It speaks to character? Hou was already craze craze he signed the contract

Bob you are better than this but maybe not

pb1300

Scout Team
Reaction score
Yes honor the contract!

Watson was not a rookie going into signing the deal blindly, he was in his 4 year I may be off a year, point is he had been in the organization and Jack Easterby the man of contention with many Texans players was already part of the organization.

It is a bad look to me on Watson he should have been fully aware of the commitment he was making and the circumstances in which he was in.

That being said, many fans here are upset with Xavien Howard for asking to get a new deal after signing an extension 2 years ago, same situation in my opinion.

And yet we have different views from dolfans on how they view each player.

I would not hold this against Watson in determining a trade, I feel he has proven at both Clemson and Houston he his a respected team leader he is what a QB needs to be in that regard.

Honor the contract? GFTOH. Do NFL teams honor contracts? Do they honor players that honor the team? That give their all for a violent sport? You can be an All-Pro player one year, and get cut the next year, even with years remaining on your deal. How’s that for honor?

Or what about the player that is honoring that contract, gives his all to the team, only for that team to turn around trade him away. Where is the honor there?

Houston is a **** show. They have zero clue what they are doing, and that starts with a questionable owner. If Watson feels like he is wasting his years there, where his purpose is to try and win, why shouldn’t he be able to demand better from his organization? And if those answers aren’t met, then you move on. It works both ways.

Rev Kev

InTUAtive
Club Member
Reaction score
You have to be trolling here. Yes you are right DW did sign the contract and he was so thankful to the owners but something happened to make this man do a complete 180 and instead of focusing on the problem you’re spending a lot time focusing on the reaction. Here’s the facts:

1. Hiring of a search - A complete sham which they put together a committee provide their input, comes back with a list of qualified candidates only to go and hire his friend from the Patriots and he finds out on social media.

2. They don’t respect Watson - He’s your franchise QB and they came to him. He asked you to interview 2 candidates, Now I don’t know you but let’s say I did and you’re running a very successful business and have some openings and I come to you and say I might have someone who might be a fit for one or the open position can you interview to see if he’s a fit? Most people I know out of respect for their friend or someone who they think highly of would conduct the Interview and the Texans couldn’t even get that right!! Also, I’m pretty sure there other things we don’t know about as well. There is too much undermining in that organization from they brought in a 65yr old coach for a rebuild and waiting in the wings to be their next HC Josh McCown.
Answer the questions was he forced to sign the contact? Who out the no trade in? Where was the money coming to retain Tunsil? You kno the guy who was brought in to protect him?

To suggest that Hou only just went off the rails is a false story - And yet he signed and Hou said they will honour the money

If the FO wants to be idiots it’s their money he was glad to accept it

I am not defending I am staying a fact

Rev Kev

InTUAtive
Club Member
Reaction score
Honor the contract? GFTOH. Do NFL teams honor contracts? Do they honor players that honor the team? That give their all for a violent sport? You can be an All-Pro player one year, and get cut the next year, even with years remaining on your deal. How’s that for honor?

Or what about the player that is honoring that contract, gives his all to the team, only for that team to turn around trade him away. Where is the honor there?

Houston is a **** show. They have zero clue what they are doing, and that starts with a questionable owner. If Watson feels like he is wasting his years there, where his purpose is to try and win, why shouldn’t he be able to demand better from his organization? And if those answers aren’t met, then you move on. It works both ways.
Then the players should go start their own league up or better yet just negotiate terms or show up to work

Top Bottom