Its official: We are interested in Watson per Barry Jackson | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its official: We are interested in Watson per Barry Jackson

dolfan91

Class Clown
Club Member
Reaction score
The only reason the Jets and Miami are in the discussion is because of having multiple picks. Which also includes picks #2 and #3 overall.

pb1300

Scout Team
Reaction score
Then the players should go start their own league up or better yet just negotiate terms or show up to work

It goes both ways. You can’t cry about him honoring his contract, yet ignore the fact that teams do the same thing to the players, most times more hostile.

bdizzle00

Scout Team
Reaction score
Apparently ESPN (ESPNUpstate?) tweeted last night that it has been confirmed that the 3 teams he'd approve trades to are the Jets, Panthers, and Dolphins. Most people probably assumed these would be 3 of his approved teams, but now it seems it's "official".

Feel free to merge this if it's appropriate to.

fishfanmiami

FH March Madness is just around the corner
Administrator
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Apparently ESPN (ESPNUpstate?) tweeted last night that it has been confirmed that the 3 teams he'd approve trades to are the Jets, Panthers, and Dolphins. Most people probably assumed these would be 3 of his approved teams, but now it seems it's "official".

Feel free to merge this if it's appropriate to.

Thanks for posting brother

1972forever

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Hopefully if he is traded, Watson will end up with the Panthers or Jets. The Dolphins are headed in the right direction by building through the draft and I would hate to see them ruin it by trading away multiple high draft picks for one player. Especially when I believe Tua will be as good as Watson within the next two years.

bdizzle00

Scout Team
Reaction score
Yeah but the panthers could be a trade partner for us in the draft
If the Panthers trade for Watson, the Texans would then be in the market for a QB, even if Bridgewater was part of the deal. They'd also be loaded up on high draft picks and might be willing to offer more than other teams to move up for a QB. I wonder if they'd then be willing to trade #8 and another first rounder and maybe more to Miami for the pick that was supposed to be theirs in the first place. If not, I guess the Broncos at #9 become a viable trade back option?

Last edited:

Geordie

Club Member
Reaction score
If the Panthers trade for Watson, the Texans would then be in the market for a QB, even if Bridgewater was part of the deal. They's also be loaded up on high draft picks and might be willing to offer more than other teams to move up for a QB. I wonder if they'd then be willing to trade #8 and another first rounder and maybe more to Miami for the pick that was supposed to be theirs in the first place. If not, I guess the Broncos at #9 become a viable trade back option?

The big carrot we have is Altlanta sitting right behind us who are QB hungry, teams will know they need to jump them to get Fields or Wilson. We aren't short of potential trade partners.

1972forever

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Either draft a line, or go after Trevor!
No team has the draft resources to offer the Jaguars to move up and draft Lawrence. The Jaguars aren’t even in the discussion as a trade option for Watson because they are going to draft Lawrence and it as simple as that.
The Dolphins are smart enough to understand that moving up to one and drafting Lawrence isn’t possible. So they just need to see if there is a trade down from three which benefits them or they stay at three and draft the player they have determined is their best option with that pick.

MrChadRico

Active Roster
Reaction score
If we're gonna trade Tua we better do it before he gets busted for PED's.

LoL JK but damn Tua is looking ripped. Gotta say I don't mind as much sticking with Tua after seeing how hard he's working. Arm strength was my major concern and its looking like that should be drastily improved.

MrChadRico

Active Roster
Reaction score
Won't happen unless the Texans want Tua.... the Texans fanbase is not at all high on Tua.

On TexansTalk message board I havnt seen 1 person say they want Tua.

Maybe somebody should go over there and post those photos of Ripped Tua and see if they might change their minds 😏

The Ghost

Stamos
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I would love to see the Jets attempt to rebuild their roster with no draft picks. Watson would be heading into the exact same situation he’s in right now with Houston.

If I’m making the deal for Watson it’s low ball only. I’m winning the leverage game. Houston lost theirs.

I’m good with #1.

Top Bottom