It's official...we pick #26.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's official...we pick #26....

oups....

Dolphins | Patriots Help Dolphins' Draft Spot - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
9:33 PT: The Miami Herald reports the New England Patriots helped the Miami Dolphins by qualifying for the Super Bowl. Despite winning the AFC East, the Patriots originally held the 25th overall pick in the upcoming NFL Draft -- two spots ahead of the Dolphins. However, being in the Super Bowl means the Patriots will now pick either 31st or 32nd, locking up the Dolphins at the No. 26 overall pick in the draft.

Actually, FinHeaven & Co's writer Robert Hoffman actually CALLED the NFL to ask this question, and the NFL told him that the Dolphins pick 25th.

The Herald is wrong, as I REALLY doubt that the NFL would be wrong.

Hey umm AJ, you have these guys doing research work for you now? What's the deal, are youpaying them more then you are paying me? lolol

Nice work Robert. 25th huh...can we fix the team with one draft pick? :D

Thanks

Thanks,

The Herald is claiming that they got their scoop straight from the Dolphins, so there is more to this story then meets the eye. However, again, I called the NFL and every mock draft updated as of today has them at 25. Plus 610 WIP in Philadelphia confirmed that the Eagles pick 26th.

The real funny thing about this is that when I tried to question Jason Cole's formula for calculating where Miami drafts two weeks ago, he gave me the brush off and total me to call the NFL if I doubted him. Well when he wrote the article again today, I called the NFL and then sent him another note.

Now, he responds he is checking into it.
Meanwhile, his colleague Skolnick is claiming that they got the scoop right from the Dolphins. I have call into them to get to the bottom of this.:cool:

It's official....we pick #25

from http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...l-dolphins0130.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

Dolphins move up

The postseason success of New England and Philadelphia has helped the Dolphins move up two slots in the first round of April’s draft. The Dolphins, who were eliminated in the first round of the playoffs, will pick 25th with the Patriots in the Super Bowl and the Eagles having reached the NFC Championship Game.

and here http://www.gopbi.com/sports/football/dolphins/01/30.html

Noteworthy: The Dolphins will pick 25th in the April draft. The Eagles, who also had an 11-5 record, will pick later because they went further in the playoffs.

Actually, I believe the Eagles
postseason advancement had nothing to do with Miami's draft order.
Because Miami had the same record as the Eagles...and they had faced
opponents I believe with a lower winning percentage.
This has been the criteria in the past, only the two teams that advance to
the Superbowl affect the order.

Real Story on Draft Order

This is the real story of Miami's 25th pick in the first round. Miami's draft order is determined by a series of factors. All of the following information is according to the NFL league office.

1. The first criteria for selecting draft order of playoff teams is the regular season “won vs. loss†record. In other words, since Pittsburgh finished 13-3 in the regular season, they will pick below Miami in the draft. The only scenario that would have changed this structure would have been if Miami had reached the Superbowl. The winner and loser of the Superbowl pick last and next to last, respectively.

2. The second criteria for selecting draft order of playoff teams is aggregate “won vs. loss vs. tie†records percentage of the opposing teams during a season. This criterion is the only used if teams have the same record. Therefore, because Miami and Philadelphia were both 11-5 this season, this criterion is used. Miami picks 25th and Philadelphia 26th because Philadelphia's opponents have a higher aggregate “won vs. loss vs. tie†percentage, NOT because Philadelphia advanced to the conference championship game.

3. The third criterion for selecting draft order of playoff teams is Divisional/Conference Tiebreakers WHEN applicable. So, if New England didn't go to the Superbowl, AND if Miami and New England had the same record, AND the aggregate “won vs. loss vs. tie†percentage were the same, then it would come down to Division Tiebreakers (first head to head, then divisional record).

4. The final criterion, one that is being used for Cleveland and Atlanta this year is the coin flip. This structure is used because Cleveland and Atlanta have the same record, same opponents aggregate percentage, and no applicable Divisional Tiebreakers. This coin flip is to be held at a date to be determined.

ok Robert, now that you have THAT figured out, wanna straighten out the Cap situation? lol

Good Luck!

Originally posted by dolfan87
ok Robert, now that you have THAT figured out, wanna straighten out the Cap situation? lol

Good Luck!

and the compensatory pick situation ;)

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
Actually, FinHeaven & Co's writer Robert Hoffman actually CALLED the NFL to ask this question, and the NFL told him that the Dolphins pick 25th.

The Herald is wrong, as I REALLY doubt that the NFL would be wrong.

I saw the paper today and it said we pick 26th :confused:

Back
Top Bottom