It's personal versus Brian Billick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's personal versus Brian Billick

I look at it this way it's Brain Billick it's like that drunk chick standing at the bar at 1am, she is going to be there the next night, and the next and the next so go after every other option first anyway becasue you know that one is always there.

I didn't say we should hire him. I said we should interview him. We want a wide net, right? We want to interview both up and coming coordinators and experienced coaches who have been to the big show. Why not interview a guy who has said he's interested, has won a championship, and has been pretty successful as an NFL head coach?

The fact that they won't even interview the guy when they are bringing in a guy whose offense put up a whopping ZERO points against a suspect defense in a playoff game two days ago says more about Ireland and Ross than about Billick, IMO.

Nobody has interviewed Billick. What does it say about us that it doesn't say about SanFran or any other team that has
had an HC search? He's a fine commentator. Brilliant in fact. He loves to listen to his own brilliant comments. He'
s the hero, YOU (Meaning everyone) are the zeros.

I look at it this way it's Brain Billick it's like that drunk chick standing at the bar at 1am, she is going to be there the next night, and the next and the next so go after every other option first anyway becasue you know that one is always there.
And at some point, no matter how hot she is, she's shut down every guy, so nobody takes a shot anymore.

Nobody has interviewed Billick. What does it say about us that it doesn't say about SanFran or any other team that has
had an HC search? He's a fine commentator. Brilliant in fact. He loves to listen to his own brilliant comments. He'
s the hero, YOU (Meaning everyone) are the zeros.

Again, what does it hurt to interview him? I've interviewed a woman who was considered kryptonite in my industry before, and it turned out to be a pretty good move for my organization.

And to outright dismiss qualified candidates because of ego issues is preposterous. Jeff Fisher, you think he doesn't have an ego? On the contrary, this is a guy, who while well respected, is known for having a massive, massive ego in league circles. This is a guy who put it on his owner that it was "him or me" with regards to Vince Young. You think he's not enjoying watching these two teams fete him and then twist in the wind? Come on.

It's not a business for the humble.

Ross needs to do what is best for the franchise.
However, if Ross is not calling him because he and Billick had a arguement is very short sighted IMHO.
If he is the best candidate remaining, bury the hatchet, everyone kiss and make up.
I like Billick. He is a strong leader. Weaker men are put off by that.

Again, what does it hurt to interview him? I've interviewed a woman who was considered kryptonite in my industry before, and it turned out to be a pretty good move for my organization.

And to outright dismiss qualified candidates because of ego issues is preposterous. Jeff Fisher, you think he doesn't have an ego? On the contrary, this is a guy, who while well respected, is known for having a massive, massive ego in league circles. This is a guy who put it on his owner that it was "him or me" with regards to Vince Young. You think he's not enjoying watching these two teams fete him and then twist in the wind? Come on.

Again, Billick left a less than desirable impression on Ross when they met so I think that is the issue now not his huge ego.

And to outright dismiss qualified candidates because of ego issues is preposterous. Jeff Fisher, you think he doesn't have an ego? On the contrary, this is a guy, who while well respected, is known for having a massive, massive ego in league circles. This is a guy who put it on his owner that it was "him or me" with regards to Vince Young.

I'm not questioning ego.

Me laddie, my ego is HUGE. I'm often difficult to get along with. If my boss makes a choice that I don't like, I'll let him know it, but It's usually in how I say "Yes sir". Then I'll go out and execute the task.

Billick, I think..I don't know..I don't know the man....Has gone over the other side of ego. The other side of ego is "*******".

Nobody likes *******s.

Ross needs to do what is best for the franchise.
However, if Ross is not calling him because he and Billick had a arguement is very short sighted IMHO.
If he is the best candidate remaining, bury the hatchet, everyone kiss and make up.
I like Billick. He is a strong leader. Weaker men are put off by that.

Chicks often mistake *******s for "strong." Don't fall into that trap.

I seriously cannot believe me eyes. You think you've seen everything, then something like this pops up. The man has been out of a job for 5 years and hasn't received a SINGLE interview, not one, and WE'RE the idiots for not bringing him in? But not every other team who has had a head coaching job open up in the last 5 years. We're the idiots, not them. Please, explain how this is an indictment on Ross and Ireland, but not on the Panthers, Rams, Buccaneers, Jets, Bills, Browns, Steelers, Titans, Colts, Jaguars, Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders, Cowboys, Redskins, or Vikings. Yup, every one of those teams has hired a new head coach in an offseason where Brian Billick was available. Notice the presence of the Steelers, who are consistently credited with having one of the top Front Offices in the NFL. In case you were wondering, no, they didn't bring him in for an interview.

So please, enlighten us all, what's the difference between Ross/Ireland and all those front offices...?

Again, Billick left a less than desirable impression on Ross when they met so I think that is the issue now not his huge ego.

I find that funny, since Steve Ross's best buddies are Carl Peterson and Jeff Ireland. One of whom is considered to be a massive prick by many in the NFL ("King Carl") and the other who is considered to be a backstabbing weasel. It seems like Billick would fit right in...

if it really is personal then ross is an "*** hat" i just want this coaching thing to end already.

if it really is personal then ross is an "*** hat" i just want this coaching thing to end already.

A part of it sounds personal but there is a bigger concern when no one else wants any part of Brain Billick now isn't there?

I seriously cannot believe me eyes. You think you've seen everything, then something like this pops up. The man has been out of a job for 5 years and hasn't received a SINGLE interview, not one, and WE'RE the idiots for not bringing him in? But not every other team who has had a head coaching job open up in the last 5 years. We're the idiots, not them. Please, explain how this is an indictment on Ross and Ireland, but not on the Panthers, Rams, Buccaneers, Jets, Bills, Browns, Steelers, Titans, Colts, Jaguars, Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders, Cowboys, Redskins, or Vikings. Yup, every one of those teams has hired a new head coach in an offseason where Brian Billick was available. Notice the presence of the Steelers, who are consistently credited with having one of the top Front Offices in the NFL. In case you were wondering, no, they didn't bring him in for an interview.

So please, enlighten us all, what's the difference between Ross/Ireland and all those front offices...?

I don't know the situations for all of those teams, but it's no surprise the Bucs didn't call him. Their owners are in deep financial trouble and are notorious tightwads, and Billick actually came out and said he wouldn't want that job because they won't pay him enough. As for a lot of those other teams, such as the Rams, Bills, Chiefs, Raiders, Cowboys, and Vikings, look at who they hired, how long those guys lasted before being fired and how bad those teams have been. Clearly, those teams made good choices at head coach.

Back
Top Bottom