It's personal versus Brian Billick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's personal versus Brian Billick

Chicks often mistake *******s for "strong." Don't fall into that trap.

Thanks for the paint job.
He deserves an interview. Plain and simple.
If the interview goes poorly, so be it.
The guy did a great job with Baltimore and won a super bowl.
If I was running the franchise, what harm would it do?

I find that funny, since Steve Ross's best buddies are Carl Peterson and Jeff Ireland. One of whom is considered to be a massive prick by many in the NFL ("King Carl") and the other who is considered to be a backstabbing weasel. It seems like Billick would fit right in...
What would you have done in Ireland's spot? Lets pretend you're 40+ and have a wife and kids.

Sonny Jim, there's lots of things I would've and maybe should've done in my life. It ****s with me to this day but when you are face up with children
you are responsible for, and a wife that depends upon you to bring home that paycheck.....Well, all that "Pride" bull**** goes out the window.

Is there a point?

Yes. There is a point.

I remember three times coming home and telling my wife......"I quit my job."

She supported me without question because my job is a part of me. When my job
is bad, I'm bad. When my job is good, I'm good. She can tell.

Ireland didn't stab Sparano in the back any more than any HC that takes over from another.

I find that funny, since Steve Ross's best buddies are Carl Peterson and Jeff Ireland. One of whom is considered to be a massive prick by many in the NFL ("King Carl") and the other who is considered to be a backstabbing weasel. It seems like Billick would fit right in...

Ireland is considered a backstabbing weasel by who? Fans on Finheaven? Even if others don't like Ireland's character, Carl Peterson and Jeff Ireland are both widely respected around the league. You notice when the Ireland/Dez Bryant issue came up most NFL executives kind of shrugged it off saying questions like that come up a lot? In private interviews, teams are trying to catch players off guard and make them deal with uncomfortable situations to see how they react. Josh Freeman said during the draft process he was asked by one team if he ever wore women's underwear.

Why do I interview a guy that I don't like and won't get along in my organization?

It's not a paint job.

The man had his interview and he did poorly.

I don't know the situations for all of those teams, but it's no surprise the Bucs didn't call him. Their owners are in deep financial trouble and are notorious tightwads, and Billick actually came out and said he wouldn't want that job because they won't pay him enough. As for a lot of those other teams, such as the Rams, Bills, Chiefs, Raiders, Cowboys, and Vikings, look at who they hired, how long those guys lasted before being fired and how bad those teams have been. Clearly, those teams made good choices at head coach.

That didn't answer my question in the slightest. Who cares who they chose. That's irrelevant. When 16 other teams don't even bother bringing him in for an interview, including the Steelers, that says something. Or, are you actually claiming that you know more about NFL coaches than 17 NFL teams, including 4 recent Superbowl winners...?

Because you see, he wrote about Steve Ross in his book.

That didn't answer my question in the slightest. Who cares who they chose. That's irrelevant. When 16 other teams don't even bother bringing him in for an interview, including the Steelers, that says something. Or, are you actually claiming that you know more about NFL coaches than 17 NFL teams, including 4 recent Superbowl winners...?

You're asking a speculative question that begs for a speculative answer. I can just as easily turn that around on you. Why do you think those teams didn't interview him? Your answer's the same as mine, fantasy speculation.

And I've never claimed that I know more about NFL coaches than 17 NFL teams. I'm just pointing out poor decisions when I see them. Unless you think the Raiders made a brilliant move with that Tom Cable hire?

Because you see, he wrote about Steve Ross in his book.

No because when they met Ross did not like Billick. What would be the difference now if they brought him in and Ross did not like him? He would not be hired, so why go through that again.

You're asking a speculative question that begs for a speculative answer. I can just as easily turn that around on you. Why do you think those teams didn't interview him? Your answer's the same as mine, fantasy speculation.

And I've never claimed that I know more about NFL coaches than 17 NFL teams. I'm just pointing out poor decisions when I see them. Unless you think the Raiders made a brilliant move with that Tom Cable hire?

It's because Billick doesn't get along with the people who hire.

You're right. He may be the most brilliant thing since sliced bread.

You've got to get along with the corporate culture. It's just real life. I'm not going to bring in a cancer.

No because when they met Ross did not like Billick. What would be the difference now if they brought him in and Ross did not like him? He would not be hired, so why go through that again.

So... it's personal. Got it.

It doesn't matter why they didn't. What matter is they didn't interview him, and neither are we. You still can't answer why that makes our Front Office clueless and not the 16 others...

Hmmmm, I wonder why Billick isn't getting whiff from any team. There has got to be more than this slant, for a coach to be essentially blackballed.

Sure. And why shouldn't it be?

It's his team and he can do what he likes with it, but outright dismissing a candidate for a mostly autonomous job due simply to personal dislike when you are supposed to be a "hands off" owner reeks of dysfunction.

Back
Top Bottom