It's personal versus Brian Billick | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's personal versus Brian Billick

These are the reasons I like Brian Billick:
a) he's experienced
b) he's brash but not in a Rex Ryan way
c) he has stated on many occasions that he would like to coach the dolphins (unlike Fisher, who can't really decide)
d) he would not take crap from Ireland

Do you even read the posts you respond to? I specifically pointed out that many of the other front offices that were mentioned are pretty much the poster children for organizational incompetence. I mean seriously, the Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills? I'd say that those organizations could not survive in a real business environment, but the truth is that Buffalo couldn't even survive in the NFL if it wasn't for revenue sharing.

What about the Pittsburgh Steelers? That's the complete opposite of being an incompetent organization. But, I guess you're pretty such saying that 17 out of 32 teams have an incompetent front office, including 4 recent Superbowl winners and 2 of the teams playing this weekend. Yup, makes perfect sense...

What about the Pittsburgh Steelers? That's the complete opposite of being an incompetent organization. But, I guess you're pretty such saying that 17 out of 32 teams have an incompetent front office, including 4 recent Superbowl winners and 2 of the teams playing this weekend. Yup, makes perfect sense...

Again, you're putting words in my mouth. I specifically stated which teams I thought were incompetent (Bucs, Rams, Jaguars) and I believe their ineptitude over the past few years has justified that statement.

I'm not going to argue with you if you're going to carry on a dialog with things I haven't even written.

Again, you're putting words in my mouth. I specifically stated which teams I thought were incompetent (Bucs, Rams, Jaguars) and I believe their ineptitude over the past few years has justified that statement.

I'm not going to argue with you if you're going to carry on a dialog with things I haven't even written.

I have no choice but to assume you're talking about all teams when you keep only discussing one or two. My question is why has every single team over the last 5 years failed to even bring him in for an interview? This includes the Steelers, who have a top notch front office, the Ravens, who many consider to have the best GM in the game and chose to fire the man, and the Lions, Broncos, and Falcons, who are all playoff teams this year. All recently successful franchises, none of whom brought him in. Are they incompetent too...?

Of course it puts me off a bit. But is it really that much of a terror to interview him? I realize that Ross has other business ventures that take up his time, but I'm sure he can schedule a couple of hours with Billick if he's committed to casting a wide net and finding the best guy.

Listen, I don't even have Billick as #1 on my coaching wishlist. I just think it's a huge mistake not to at least interview him. That's it. Bring him in and talk about the job with him. Maybe it turns out that some folks were wrong about him, maybe he's matured and mellowed, who knows?

I just find some of the arguments against interviewing him to be downright weird. They met one time and Ross got a bad impression? I've met plenty of people at trade shows who gave me a bad impression, but I still saved their cards and I still called them up later when I needed something they could provide.

You said it better than I did.

i am less impressed with boss ross almost every time i read something he says or has done.

as REGISTREDGUY said, this all some very petty crap. jr high school "he dissed me" nonsense.

so billick was supposed to go to the sideline and look into a chrystal ball and see ross owning the finz someday and he beter not do that kick or it will cost ross 40 mil and he will NEVER consider hiring him in the future [as the chrystal ball also told him he would be fired and be in line for that finz job someday].

DON SHULA and JOE ROBBIE hated each other! don threatened to knock him on his azz [shulas words!] at a banquet one night after a mouthy, sauced up robbie decided to run his pie hole. shula and carroll rosenbloom were NEVER pals and won a whole lot of games together with the colts. MIKE SHANAHAN and the broncs owner never liked each other.

you can bet boss ross expects his people to get along and produce even if they dont have beers together after work. and it sounds to me like our owner doesnt put the finz future and success FIRST over his personal feelings. and its not like they would be rooming together. how much faceto face time do a coach and owner have during the year? there is more between coach and gm. MUCH more.

petty. and it sounds like ross got PUNKED by wayne big time! with no lube!

It must be personal with every owner then, because nobody has interviewed him. Perhaps he doesn't want an interview, that makes much more sense to me. This speculation that the owner doesn't want him for personal reasons seems like pure bologna to me.

Back
Top Bottom