It's personal versus Brian Billick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's personal versus Brian Billick

It's really pathetic that despite our 'wide net' which apparently includes guys who are in danger of being fired (Schotty, Mularkey), we won't interview a guy with a Super Bowl ring because of some petty personal ****.

Billick looks like a soft coach to me... If I had his defense, I would probably win a superbowl myself coaching the Colts without Peyton Manning...

You have to get along with the boss. You just do.

Patton didn't want a brilliant staff. He wanted a loyal staff.

Why? Because he knew these men. He'd led them and they were rabidly loyal. He, in turn trusted them.

Thats how you build organizations in my opinion.

It's really pathetic that despite our 'wide net' which apparently includes guys who are in danger of being fired (Schotty, Mularkey), we won't interview a guy with a Super Bowl ring because of some petty personal ****.

Petty? Besides costing him $40 million the one time he met him Billick left a less than desirable impression. Would you hire someone who failed to impress you when you met them?

comeon. I'd be willing to believe this IF... billick had gotten any other calls from any other team. I mean look ... for ****s sake tamba bay hasn't even called him.

comeon. I'd be willing to believe this IF... billick had gotten any other calls from any other team. I mean look ... for ****s sake tamba bay hasn't even called him.

The man has had NO interviews since being fired....kinda telling.

Do people realize EVERY SINGLE HC vacany did not even consider Billick either.

Do people realize EVERY SINGLE HC vacany did not even consider Billick either.
That's a good point, but considering that the other teams with HC vacancies are the Bucs, Rams Jags, three worthless, dysfunctional organizations that make Miami look like a model franchise, I try not to read too much into that.

That's a good point, but considering that the other teams with HC vacancies are the Bucs, Rams Jags, three worthless, dysfunctional organizations that make Miami look like a model franchise, I try not to read too much into that.

Then why hasn't he had any interviews since 2007? At some point, people are just intentionally looking for reasons to b*tch about this FO, reasonable or not...

Now you are just looking for a reason to rip Miami. Poor logic here in my opinion. Sorry.

Then why hasn't he had any interviews since 2007? At some point, people are just intentionally looking for reasons to b*tch about this FO, reasonable or not...

I think there are plenty of solid reasons to ***** about the FO....Making ones up is just silly.

Funny...I don't remember about bitching about FO people 10 years ago. You won or you didn't.

It's not just every team that has an opening this offseason. It is every team that has had an opening over the past 5 years. He has not gotten a single interview in 5 years, and I don't think this is similar to Cowher who has been approached but has declined interviews. There is something amiss here, because Billick isn't a bad head coach. There has to be a tremendous issue with his ego or something.

I didn't say we should hire him. I said we should interview him. We want a wide net, right? We want to interview both up and coming coordinators and experienced coaches who have been to the big show. Why not interview a guy who has said he's interested, has won a championship, and has been pretty successful as an NFL head coach?

The fact that they won't even interview the guy when they are bringing in a guy whose offense put up a whopping ZERO points against a suspect defense in a playoff game two days ago says more about Ireland and Ross than about Billick, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom