It's Put up or Shutup time for Dolphins..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Put up or Shutup time for Dolphins.....

I didn't really like that story, just my opinion.

The part that we find perplexing is why the Dolphins chose to part with a second round pick for a relatively unproven performer like Feeley, when more seasoned players like Kurt Warner, Tim Couch, Kordell Stewart, Jeff Blake, and Kerry Collins were all free for the taking.
I highlighted those two because I'd rather have Sage Rosenfels starting. Also, Tim Couch was relatively unreachable at the time.

Credit the Vikings with the swindle of the draft. They led the Dolphins to believe that they had interest in Carey, whom the Dolphins were targeting, and hoodwinked them into trading up one spot to get him. (We've also heard that the Patriots were making offers to the Vikings to move up to get Carey, but Belichick is denying this story.) Carey is a fine OG that clearly fills a need for the Fish. However, the Dolphins shouldn't have had to trade anything to move up one spot to get him.
I can't stand the fact people are still complaining about this one. It was put up or shut up for us, and we had to do whatever necessary to get one of the few talents in offensive linemen.

Now...the highlight of the story:

Chris Chambers remains one of the most underrated WRs in the NFL. If he's not been especially productive, it's simply because the Dolphins have remained so committed to the run over the past few years. He's never, for example, eclipsed the 1000-yard mark. Yet, last year he somehow managed to score 11 TDs. Now with a potentially steady compliment in the person of David Boston, Chambers could be geared up for a big year.
That earned my respect, then the writer loses it by giving us a 78. Where I come from, that would be a C to a C+, which is insulting. We're a B to B+ team, and maybe even go as far as an A-.

ScottLawrence said:
U think a C+ is unbiased? Of course you do cuz ur a Bills fan. This team looks great, and i believe theyll show it on the field. They gave our DB's a 8.5, i dont see how there alledgedly an equal strength as the WR's. Anyone here who thinks our WR's r a better core then our DB's, your insane. Overall i dont like this read very much at all. I like some of the points tht were adressed at the post above me.

The Dolphins addressed their dire OL concerns by bringing in a couple of free agents. However, neither John St. Clair nor Jeno James, both of whom will be penciled in as starters, will make opposing defensive linemen quiver in their boots. The Dolphins have also done some flip-flopping in their secondary. Make no mistake; the team will miss Brock Marion, who is now a Detroit Lion. Veteran Terrell Buckley has moved back to division rival New England, while no one will even know that under-sized Jamar Fletcher, now a Charger, is even gone. The three have essentially been replaced by Reggie Howard, Antuan Edwards, and Chris Akins, solid players but not exactly upgrades.
I think Jeno James will certainly controll alot of defensive players. They dont give him enuff credit. Also, St.Clair hasnt been named a starter yet, hes in a vastly open competition. Only ones safe r Wade,Seth,Jeno. No we will not miss Brock Marion, i loved him as a Fin, but it was time to part ways. He was getting burned evry which way. And how is a SB starter for a defence tht carrieed the team there not an upgrade over a 3rd string CB??

Back
Top Bottom