It's So Fun Being A Yankees Fan These Days....... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's So Fun Being A Yankees Fan These Days.......

What a way to start off your career as a GM, shipping off your 1 premium asset to the team you became a legend for :facepalm
Ozuna and Gordon too. The thing is that LeBetard swears a local Cuban American Billionaire developer who wouldn't have had to go into debt and liquidate the greatest assets was ready to buy the team but the league wanted someone like Jeter as the visible partner even though his group were underfunded. It's ridiculous.

And has Jeter ever worked in a front office let alone run one? He's just an idiotic over rated baseball player who barely deserves to be a front office intern, let alone run it!

Sigh.. if only his parents had been into anal!

Ozuna and Gordon too. The thing is that LeBetard swears a local Cuban American Billionaire developer who wouldn't have had to go into debt and liquidate the greatest assets was ready to buy the team but the league wanted someone like Jeter as the visible partner even though his group were underfunded. It's ridiculous.

And has Jeter ever worked in a front office let alone run one? He's just an idiotic over rated baseball player who barely deserves to be a front office intern, let alone run it!

If you can manage to give multiple high profile women herpes and continue to plow through them like the Golden Horde then you can sort of own a baseball team IMO. Just gotta stay cool under pressure ... and have Valtrex handy.

Thanks again for Stanton, Jetes. Quite the even trade.

The yankees still have Judge and Sanchez cost controlled for 3 years after this one. Not sure about didi. Two more for Severino I think. So our payroll should be very reasonable the next few years.

I'm curious what we do with Frazier. We just don't have the room for him at the moment. I'm guessing he's traded at some point this year.

The Yankees will blow by the Red Sux and win the East by at least 5 games. Yanks were 7.5 back two weeks ago and are now up 1. And, Boston has been playing pretty good.

I am a damn Red Sox fan and even I expected this. I think it will be closer than 5 games but we'll find a way to screw it up. BTW, **** David Price! He was the absolute worst acquisition in years and I had a horrible feeling he would be exactly what he is, a fragile crybaby who chokes in crunch time. He's the anti-Ortiz.

If only there was a forum to discuss baseball...

wait, wait....

https://finheaven.com/threads/2018-mlb-thread.346735/

There is the place to put it...

This started in the Dolphins forum?

giphy.gif

You my friend are a moron if you don't sing the virtues and praises of Derek Jeter the baseball player, one of the if not THE greatest Yankee of all time!!!

You my friend are a moron if you don't sing the virtues and praises of Derek Jeter the baseball player, one of the if not THE greatest Yankee of all time!!!
I'll see your "moron" and raise YOU "vacuum-visioned clueless idiot" if you think that over-rated Jeter is even worthy of carrying the jocks of Yankees including but not limited to Ruth, Gerhig, Mantle, DiMaggio, Reggie Jackson and even Casey Stengel. Hell when on the same field, that asswipe Jeter wasn't even on par with ARod LOL

I'll see your "moron" and raise YOU "vacuum-visioned clueless idiot" if you think that over-rated Jeter is even worthy of carrying the jocks of Yankees including but not limited to Ruth, Gerhig, Mantle, DiMaggio, Reggie Jackson and even Casey Stengel. Hell when on the same field, that ******* Jeter wasn't even on par with ARod LOL

Obviously you are a hater who never had the privilege to watch him play a flawless shortstop. Not only was he a great player but he was a model citizen off of the field as well. He was even loved and respected by the opponent as evidenced by his farewell tour during his last season of active ball-playing. This is the end of my discussing a topic so obvious that it is a waste of my keystrokes.:cigar

Come on man he's a yankee legend for sure but to call him the best? Pound salt.

Obviously you are a hater who never had the privilege to watch him play a flawless shortstop. Not only was he a great player but he was a model citizen off of the field as well. He was even loved and respected by the opponent as evidenced by his farewell tour during his last season of active ball-playing. This is the end of my discussing a topic so obvious that it is a waste of my keystrokes.:cigar

Well then, considering the POS that Jeter either continued to be by many versions or has become by just about all unbiased versions, I will fittingly have the last word.

Imagine a few years downroad if the Steinbrenner kids sell the Yankees to a group with an older Mike Trout, let's say, as the GM frontman. Yes, that Mike Trout who already is a better ballplayer than Jeter ever was but like Jeter, has no front office experience other than being a good player and no geographic or professional connection to NY or the Yankees. If he decides to start from scratch to maximize the already kings ransom the yankees get for just being in the league and more or less gives away a just in h prime Judge to the Angels and Gleyber Torres to the Cardinals for a bag of fritos, among others, don't tell me that you also wouldn't have wished that the best part of Mike Trout hadn't gone down his mother's throat!

Again, comparing herpes-giving, promiscuous Jeter on the field to DiMaggio, Mantle, Ruth, Gehrig, Mr October is preposterous .. Now comparing his off the field antics to some of these guys, I'll coede not so outrageous!

And thanks for conceding to me the final words on POS Jeter. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Well then, considering the POS that Jeter either continued to be by many versions or has become by just about all unbiased versions, I will fittingly have the last word.

Imagine a few years downroad if the Steinbrenner kids sell the Yankees to a group with an older Mike Trout, let's say, as the GM frontman. Yes, that Mike Trout who already is a better ballplayer than Jeter ever was but like Jeter, has no front office experience other than being a good player and no geographic or professional connection to NY or the Yankees. If he decides to start from scratch to maximize the already kings ransom the yankees get for just being in the league and more or less gives away a just in h prime Judge to the Angels and Gleyber Torres to the Cardinals for a bag of fritos, among others, don't tell me that you also wouldn't have wished that the best part of Mike Trout hadn't gone down his mother's throat!

Again, comparing herpes-giving, promiscuous Jeter on the field to DiMaggio, Mantle, Ruth, Gehrig, Mr October is preposterous .. Now comparing his off the field antics to some of these guys, I'll coede not so outrageous!

And thanks for conceding to me the final words on POS Jeter. :thumbsup:thumbsup

I agree he's probably not in the top 10 in terms of pure talent. But he produced. And he was a way better Mr October than Jackson, who had a career BA in the .270s.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be pissed too if I was a Marlins fan ... but Stanton was leaving regardless and he vetoed the other destinations, so is Jeter really the monster here?

I agree he's probably not in the top 10 in terms of pure talent. But he produced. And he was a way better Mr October than Jackson, who had a career BA in the .270s.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be pissed too if I was a Marlins fan ... but Stanton was leaving regardless and he vetoed the other destinations, so is Jeter really the monster here?
Actually according to Stanton himself, he tried to reason with Jeter that he didn't need to unload all the top talent. Stanton loves it here as does his visiting dad and definitely wanted to stay.

Again, according to Dan LeBatard, there was a local billionaire developer, Cuban, which helps with the fan base, who wanted to buy the team and had no intention of making any wholesale changes. However, the league, like they did with Loria, screwed us again by awarding the Marlins to an under-financed group who either lied per their intent or were not properly vetted. I don't live in Miami Dade so I didn't help finance the new stadium under false pretenses but I can imagine how ****ed over those folks feel.

Actually according to Stanton himself, he tried to reason with Jeter that he didn't need to unload all the top talent. Stanton loves it here as does his visiting dad and definitely wanted to stay.

Again, according to Dan LeBatard, there was a local billionaire developer, Cuban, which helps with the fan base, who wanted to buy the team and had no intention of making any wholesale changes. However, the league, like they did with Loria, screwed us again by awarding the Marlins to an under-financed group who either lied per their intent or were not properly vetted. I don't live in Miami Dade so I didn't help finance the new stadium under false pretenses but I can imagine how ****ed over those folks feel.

I guess they do usually wait until after they win the WS before getting rid of their best players, so jettisoning Stanton so soon was unique.

The people already got screwed over by having to pay for a stadium for a completely irrelevant team so I can't imagine them being pumped about current circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom