It's So Fun Being A Yankees Fan These Days....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's So Fun Being A Yankees Fan These Days.......

NYC#1finsfan

Active Roster
Reaction score
I wish that my Dolphins could only follow suit. Salary cap be damned! Anyway the Yankees are winning the old fashioned way with home-grown talent and a less than mercurial payroll (so un-Yankee like). I'm sure that Steve Ross knows the Steinbrenner's, can't he get any tips? Yankee haters need not reply.........we already know what the greatest franchise in sports history has accomplished.;) Personally I am a bigger Dolphins fan though and it kills me to suffer through such mediocrity for so long!!!!!

Been a fan of both the Phins and the Yankees since the day I was born in 1976. Our team are loaded in a way like I’ve never seen before. Not sure if we have the right manager (though I am a fan of Boone and eternally grateful that dope Girardi is gone) and our starting pitching is not deep and we rely way too much on the long ball... but damn this team is deep and powerful and really freaking young.

The Phins are getting younger and I believe have their coach for the present and future. We have plenty of young talent and it’s time for them to step up and fill the gaps left from the overpaid vets we’ve lost from last year. Wish I could say I’m as excited for this years team as I am for the Yankees but if Tannehill is healthy we’re going to be a lot of fun on both sides of the ball with the youth and speed that we have. Almost feels like a Jimmy Johnson D combined with a Mike Leech O.

Huge Yankees fan here! Love seeing the roll they are on right now. 76ers fan too and even tho they got eliminated by a Boston team last night, the future is bright for them. Now, just need my Phins to turn the corner. Thought we did in '16......

How shitty is it that we’re all looking up (and now slightly below in MLB) at Boston teams. Damn F that town!! Not a Sixers fan (Hawks actually and probably getting your assistant as our new HC) but was pulling for the process. Great future ahead provided the kids stay healthy!

I wish that my Dolphins could only follow suit. Salary cap be damned! Anyway the Yankees are winning the old fashioned way with home-grown talent and a less than mercurial payroll (so un-Yankee like). I'm sure that Steve Ross knows the Steinbrenner's, can't he get any tips? Yankee haters need not reply.........we already know what the greatest franchise in sports history has accomplished.;) Personally I am a bigger Dolphins fan though and it kills me to suffer through such mediocrity for so long!!!!!

Wait till they have to pay Judge, Didi, and Sanchez though. Y'all have a very bright future with a lot of homegrown talent, but when you start paying these guys the payroll will look like typical Yankees teams, which is a luxury (tax) that no NFL team is allowed due to the true salary cap. I just pray my Nats can keep Harper, but we not (nobody is) as rich as you guys!!!

The scary thing is they're doing it with a very mediocre team BA. Just wait until some of those bats wake up. What is it now, 17 of 18? Gatdam.

Never gonna be a high BA team. Not a lot of speed on the team and far too much natural power. But if all of the power guys are hitting .270 or better the team will be scary offensively. Nobody will confuse them with the Astros or even the Sux as we just don’t score that way often and I’m mostly okay with that. At least now we’re relying on real HR hitters for playing the bombing style vs the washed up overpriced team we’ve had for too many years between 2009-2015.

How ****ty is it that we’re all looking up (and now slightly below in MLB) at Boston teams. Damn F that town!!

The Yankees will blow by the Red Sux and win the East by at least 5 games. Yanks were 7.5 back two weeks ago and are now up 1. And, Boston has been playing pretty good.

Wait till they have to pay Judge, Didi, and Sanchez though. Y'all have a very bright future with a lot of homegrown talent, but when you start paying these guys the payroll will look like typical Yankees teams, which is a luxury (tax) that no NFL team is allowed due to the true salary cap. I just pray my Nats can keep Harper, but we not (nobody is) as rich as you guys!!!

Will be okay since we’ll be paying peanuts to Gleyber, Andujar, Frazier and some of the young pitching. Thankfully we won’t be overpaying for Harper or Machado next year as I’ve been terrified we would do. Love Harper but I wouldn’t invest 400-500 million in him. He’s no Trout!

The Yankees will blow by the Red Sux and win the East by at least 5 games. Yanks were 7.5 back two weeks ago and are now up 1. And, Boston has been playing pretty good.

We’ve been fortunate to win so many close games and games where we’ve trailed late. Don’t want to rely on that all year. Can’t expect to sweep or nearly sweep the Sux, Astros and other top teams like this all year either. But do think we can win the division handily. Would love to see Toronto get that 2nd wild card and beat the Sux!

Back
Top Bottom