It's Time For Grier To Get Aggressive And Make A Few Trades, Right? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Time For Grier To Get Aggressive And Make A Few Trades, Right?

I wouldn't be shocked if they explore a RB. I like what Gaskin has done, but Miami is the only team in the NFL where their 1 and 2 running backs are less than 200lbs. Rumor is the Texans are going to try a fire sale. I'd explore that and see what the price is.

Now... fire sale pricing might be okay. But only if the players have a year or three left on their contracts... no rentals.

Who the hell said anything about changing course?? The fact of the matter is that we are dangerously thin at interior defensive line players; and the guys we have are really young and inexperienced,

WTH? Is our fan base so defeated we don't think this team can go to the playoffs? Who the effin hail are you guys?

Dolphins don't have a short yardage back who can get one measly yard. That is a very real weakness.

Trading away a pick or two from the 4th to 7th round isn't going to slow down the roster build when we have 5 picks in the first three rounds!

WTF? Don't you guys want to see the Dolphins in the playoffs???

A 4th for Linval Joseph and a 7 th for Peterson would help a lot and might even be the difference in a game or two.

And there are a plethora of other scenarios out there, I am shocked nobody had any thoughts on what else could be done to make this team better and give the Dolphins a shot at getting a playoff win or two.
Agree with you. But, one thing you have to remember. Chris Grier does well with low picks and poorly with high picks. So, I am okay with trading a top pick too.

Who the hell said anything about changing course?? The fact of the matter is that we are dangerously thin at interior defensive line players; and the guys we have are really young and inexperienced,

WTH? Is our fan base so defeated we don't think this team can go to the playoffs? Who the effin hail are you guys?

Dolphins don't have a short yardage back who can get one measly yard. That is a very real weakness.

Trading away a pick or two from the 4th to 7th round isn't going to slow down the roster build when we have 5 picks in the first three rounds!

WTF? Don't you guys want to see the Dolphins in the playoffs???

A 4th for Linval Joseph and a 7 th for Peterson would help a lot and might even be the difference in a game or two.

And there are a plethora of other scenarios out there, I am shocked nobody had any thoughts on what else could be done to make this team better and give the Dolphins a shot at getting a playoff win or two.
There isn’t a chance in hell they trade TWO picks for RBs.

I don't see any RB's out there of value in a trade that will shake free.

I could see Houston looking to trade one of their WR's. Ditto for the Browns, Odell Beckham needs out of Cleveland.

Do we want to consider trading something of value for Nick Chubb? Get Cleveland some kind of help before their season goes off the rails and we have Chubb for 2021 and beyond. The Browns have lost by 32 points and 31 points against the Ravens and Steelers, this year.

Do we dare have a conversation with the Cowboys about Ezekiel Elliot? If they get creamed against Arizona tonight who knows what their future plans will look like.

Austin Ekelor? He's coming back from injury soon, what do the Chargers plan to do there?

For the most part I suspect any team with a valuable commodity will wait til the offseason to move him. I could see the Giants considering a package of picks for Barkley in the off season. Despite their win yesterday, the franchise has no direction.

Bottom line, its unlikely any player of value will become available that we would consider parting with a first or second on. Chubb is an interesting proposition though.

AJ Dillon only has 8 carries on the season in Green Bay. I believe he was a 4th rounder so I don't know what they would want for him. I am not giving up a 3.

I wouldn't be shocked if they explore a RB. I like what Gaskin has done, but Miami is the only team in the NFL where their 1 and 2 running backs are less than 200lbs. Rumor is the Texans are going to try a fire sale. I'd explore that and see what the price is.

i'd trade a 4th for Tunsil

Don't short circuit the rebuild. We should be scouting practice squads and the waiver wire for a short-yardage back if we don't believe in Jordan Howard, but we're not going to be able to trade him for anything. Beyond that, look for opportunities to upgrade the bottom of our roster. We need to hoard our cap room because next year's salary cap is likely to be $20 million below this year's and a lot of our remaining space will have to go towards next year's draft class.

Dolphins need to release Jordan Howard if he isn't even effective enough to be active on game day. Doubt he has any trade value but he might be paired with a draft pick to the right team.

Adrian Peterson may be available for a pick. It's obvious the Dolphins have nothing going in short yardage situations and Peterson is one of the best short yardage backs to ever play the game.

Dolphins need help on the interior defensive line, especially if Raekwon Davis sustained a significant injury. I like a trade with the Chargers for Linval Joseph. He has one more year on his contract after this year and that would be perfect, IMO, to let Raekwon develop one more year and perhaps we may even draft Tyler Shelvin and be able to give him a little time to develop.

Any trade ideas out there?? Dolphins roster is starting to fill up, we may not really need all our mid and late round picks next year. We have five picks in the first three rounds.

Absolutely not, have you learned nothing these past 20 years? Let’s keep our draft picks of which we have a ton next year and build that way. We aren’t going to win the superbowl this year dude, no matter who we trade for. Next year on the other hand, we can expect a team that should compete in the playoffs with new draft picks, Tua starting, and players being better as they have more time in the system and our younger players continue to develop. we have at least 5 picks in the first 3 rounds to draft another running back, stud receiver, pass rusher, safety, and maybe center depending upon who’s available. Don’t need to tradd for anyone with tred on their tires and expensive contracts. Let’s draft our own players and develop them.

Last edited:
I would not be mad if they made a move for Mike Davis from Carolina. When CMC comes off IR Davis will be chillin on the sidelines. I think it makes sense for both teams. That’s why it probably never happen.

Agree with you. But, one thing you have to remember. Chris Grier does well with low picks and poorly with high picks. So, I am okay with trading a top pick too.
Well, the Grier thing is the only legitimate excuse for all this negativity and defeatism. Grier is an atrocious abomination and has had more to do with the pain of the last two decades than anything and anyone else.

On the other hand we have the best coach now since Shula, and that is indescribably huge!

With heavy influence from Flores I still think a two or three hard nose veterans added on both sides of the ball could do wonders for this team.

I mean do we really need the likes of Lyn Bowden,Salvon Ahmed,Jordan Howard,Malcolm Perry, and Jason Stowbridge on this active roster??? Howard needs to be released yesterday and these other guys are practice squad types.

I would love to see the Dolphins acquire a better than solid NT and draft one next year as well. I have no hope for Benito Jones. He is a good football player but he just has nothing close to NFL athletic ability.

Giants may very well be willing to part with 2021 UFA Leonard Williams as well, especially if they lose to the Eagles next week.

I would not be mad if they made a move for Mike Davis from Carolina. When CMC comes off IR Davis will be chillin on the sidelines. I think it makes sense for both teams. That’s why it probably never happen.
Yah, that would be an obviously wonderful addition but the Panthers are somehow 3-3; they would have to lose every game between now and the deadline.

Absolutely not, have you learned nothing these past 20 years? Let’s keep our draft picks of which we have a ton next year and build that way. We aren’t going to win the superbowl this year dude, no matter who we trade for. Next year on the other hand, we can expect a team that should compete in the playoffs with new draft picks, Tua starting, and players being better as they have more time in the system and our younger players continue to develop. we have at least 5 picks in the first 3 rounds to draft another running back, stud receiver, pass rusher, safety, and maybe center depending upon who’s available. Don’t need to tradd for anyone with tred on their tires and expensive contracts. Let’s draft our own players and develop them.
That is why I am suggesting only using the 4-7 picks; and another thing, your perspective at this time is flawed. The roster is 53 and that never changes. It is just a statistical fact that not many draft picks in the 5-7 rounds ever make a roster, let alone contribute at a high level. Of course there many exceptions to this stat, but it is what it is.

I like this coach and what he is doing. I just think he needs a little more talent to be able to continue win in view of the injuries.

And BTW, neither the Bills or the mighty Chiefs are looking all that tough to beat; at least not tonight.

We can beat these teams. Flores is going to bring division and conference titles to Miami sooner rather than later.

With a little luck in the injury department going forward and the addition of a couple veterans who are good at what they do, this season could yet be special.

I have zero interest in the Dolphins making a trade unless the Rams are willing to trade Aaron Donald for a third round pick.

Back
Top Bottom