It's time to move cornerback up on Dolphins' 2020 draft needs list | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's time to move cornerback up on Dolphins' 2020 draft needs list

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score
Xavien Howard has been fine — he struggled against Amari Cooper and the Dallas Cowboys, sure. But Howard’s track record is significant enough that we all know who he is and what he can do — he’s a difference maker when he’s targeted by opposing quarterbacks. But fellow staring corner Eric Rowe? The start to 2019 has been a train wreck. The Chargers had backup receivers putting Rowe in a blender in coverage on Sunday — and then there’s the matter of some soft tackle challenges along the way, too.

Tanking or not....cut. Eric. Rowe.

Agree. I'd target one possibly in the first round. Ideally, Miami gets its quarterback (Tua maybe), a pass rusher and either a blindside protector, corner or center in round 1. I like Diggs in maybe the 15-20 range.

Sure we'll move it up. Right behind QB, OL, DE and WR. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to fill a few needs in FA as well. Everything doesn't have to be addressed in the draft.

The type of defense this team wants to play ALWAYS made getting guys in the secondary a priorty.
I'm not sure what the big news is to anyone following this team and NE for years.

I already had it pretty high on my list. With this complex D scheme though, it might take a year for a guy to start showng up.

In any case, it is a top priority, along with a pass rusher.

Let's face it, we have a lot of holes. We can address some in free agency, but good corners and pass rushers command top $, for average players. Better to draft them, and address other positions with FA contracts.

Sure we'll move it up. Right behind QB, OL, DE and WR. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to fill a few needs in FA as well. Everything doesn't have to be addressed in the draft.
No, but FA WRs and O-line help come a lot cheaper than quality corners, and pass rushers.

No, but FA WRs and O-line help come a lot cheaper than quality corners, and pass rushers.
WRs and corners get pretty much the same thing. WRs might actually get paid a little more. The last thing I want to hear is OL and cheap. Draft Tua, protect him and give him some weapons.

Tanking or not....cut. Eric. Rowe.

We need everything! CB, Free Safety, Edge Rusher * 2, OT, OG, Center, LB, QB, Wide Receiver, (not sold on Parker and Williams), and a stud Running Back would be nice. We can probably file half of those positions in Free agency? That’s at least 11 positions which would still leave us with very little depth.

Back
Top Bottom