It's time to move cornerback up on Dolphins' 2020 draft needs list | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's time to move cornerback up on Dolphins' 2020 draft needs list

now tell me you are not impressed....

1: R1P1

EDGE CHASE YOUNG

OHIO STATE

9: R1P9

QB JAKE FROMM

GEORGIA

24: R1P24

WR HENRY RUGGS III

ALABAMA

33: R2P1

OT TREY SMITH

TENNESSEE

55: R2P23

G ALEX LEATHERWOOD

ALABAMA

65: R3P1

CB JEFFREY OKUDAH

OHIO STATE

105: R3P41

RB ENO BENJAMIN

ARIZONA STATE

154: R5P8

TE CHASE ALLEN

IOWA STATE

178: R5P32

WR K.J. HILL

OHIO STATE

179: R6P1

S JALEN ELLIOTT

NOTRE DAME

209: R6P31

C KENNY COOPER

GEORGIA TECH

245: R7P30

G MEKHI BECTON

LOUISVILLE
I'm impressed! But truth be told, A) gotta reformat the draft in plain text and edit it to make it more readable, and B) other than our first two picks that are essentially the same (different order), I prefer my draft, but that's to be expected. :) Well done!

W/O question part of the reason the secondary has looked so bad is virtually no pressure against the QB...at all!
There's only so much guys in the 2nd that can cover for so long.
Remember we were told how we would manufacture pressure through scheme??

We dont need WR. Give Preston a break, he will be fine. Parker is still yoing, he'll be fine. Wilson, let him sit out all year, he'll come back fine.

Throw more slants to Grant, should be fine.

Remember we were told how we would manufacture pressure through scheme??

Oh you can definitely do it. But you need a minimum of a certain amount of talent.
You think the Patriots have the most talented players in the league on their DL for the past few years collectively?

It's not going to all happen in 1 offseason of drafting & FA. They can start to turn the boat this offseason, but it will take a VERY solid draft and intelligent FA picks, and another very strong offseason after next year to fill all the holes. To that end, I'm strongly in favor of drafting positions that take more time to develop "this" draft, if that makes sense (OL, QB, WR, CB not in that order, necessarily). I think DL, LB & RB can be more immediate impact, probably even Safety. Hell we even need a kicker now...

I have little doubt they'll spend one of their top 5 picks on a CB.

I have little doubt that they will trade all of them to get to #1 if they have to.

Even coming from pick 2. And gulp it still probably won’t be enough

Last edited:
Anyone know if Tankersly will get on the field again for us / if there’s a chance w him? Or too far gone?

Who the heck moved CB down the needs list to begin with?

Fans like to talk about WR's because it's easier to watch youtube highlights than it is to focus on the trenches during a game.

I don't believe for a second anyone in our FO will pull the trigger on a WR early in this coming draft.

It's not in the cards.

Don't be lazy, go watch actual football players.

People see his name and assume he’s good just like his dad without actually watching him play.

I've defintely watched him play. I wouldn't have made the comment otherwise.
I see enough to say he's a good player. But no where near the level of the kid at Ohio State..Okudah!

Back
Top Bottom