It's Time We Drafted A 1st Round Qb | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Time We Drafted A 1st Round Qb

We need to wait until 2020. I would cut Tammehill and focus on the OL in 2019. Then plan to suck for a high 2020 pick

draft one in 2019 and 2020.
hire outside draft help dont let our mediocre FO pick some Running back who could develop in a QB,some project as they are wont to do.

draft one in 2019 and 2020.
hire outside draft help dont let our mediocre FO pick some Running back who could develop in a QB,some project as they are wont to do.
The two of you commenting on each other is fascinating.

Nfl.com says teddy b is in fact a free agent after this year.

Better watch for it.

I'm all for bringing him in but I assume there will be a bidding war this time

No reason as the coming home team can’t win it. Just have to promise him the starting gig which wouldn’t be hard if tanny was gone.

If tannys smart he will take the pay cut if not I think they full court press this option

No reason as the coming home team can’t win it. Just have to promise him the starting gig which wouldn’t be hard if tanny was gone.

If tannys smart he will take the pay cut if not I think they full court press this option
Right. Definitely think he would be on board with coming home and being the starter, but I cant see us making that guarantee with RT here. and personally (I think we're on the same page) that I would only cut RT is if his shoulder doesnt seem right. If he took a pay cut to stay that would be amazing.

There is another way to look at this.

Look at each TEAM and see how many elite QB it has had , say, since their inception.

Very few teams have ever in their history had 1 HOF'er. Maybe a few All-Pros but not an elite guy. Occasionally a team will hit on a generational player (brady).

The Dolphins have TWO. Griese and Marino.

Our problem is feast-and-famine.

Let's do it this way. I'll not use '18 because of limited evidence.

'13 Miami picked #2 (Jordan) Next QB taken Manuel at 15. Miami could have traded down (.MAYBE). To get Manuel?
'14 Miami picked #19 Bortles was #3 Not a future top 10 QB and a big cost to move up.
'15 Miami picked #14. #1 was Winston, #2 was Mariota. Neither top 10 and a big cost to move up. No other R1 QBs.
'16 Miami picked #13 Goff went #1, Wentz #2. Next QB was Paxton Lynch at #26. Again, a big cost to move up, and I have serious doubts Wentz would be too successful in Miami
'17 Miami picked @22. #1 was trubisky, #10 was Mahomes, #12 watson.
What would you have done? I know it's easy in hindsight, but who on that list would have been successful in Miami? Pay particular attention to years '13, '14, '15, '16. Not real good years for QBs. It is stretches like that that make 'just try' a rather weak argument.[/QUOT} either way we will need qb soon. rather than later.

Whether you like Tanny or not is irrelevant. His health has become a major concern, and we can not ignore this. Missed all of last year, may miss most of this year, we are nuts if we don't invest in a QB very high in the draft. Trade up if you have to, but it's time. I would love Tua, but looks like he won't be out until 2020. We are overdue.
Trade up in 2019? No. We should completely trade out of the first round in 2019 and acquire a second first round pick for 2020. Trade back in second round too. All these trades sound easy but usually not because you need someone willing to trade up. Do it though if you can. Stockpile picks for 2020.

“Lose plenty for twenty twenty”.

Back
Top Bottom