I’ve Been Touting..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I’ve Been Touting.....

EasyRider

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This coaching staff all year but on the last drive before we settled for a FG on the 20 we needEd to be a bit more creative there. At least on one of the plays. Had to know the jets had a good chance and Flores settled there. Bad job. But can’t kill him for it, because been good all along.

Laird is growing on me a lot. Wonder what he can be with an Oline and other skilled players around him. Could be a great weapon to have. He’s really earning my trust. But can’t run out of bounds there, bad job on that one.

I like what Parker has become, and Preston really changed my mind before getting hurt. But I’m still drafting another stud WR. You can see how anemic things get with a couple of injuries.

Ford. All I can say is good job. Kid looks like he can play. Wouldnt mind seeing a bit more of what he’s got the rest of the way. Could be solid depth when all along we didn’t know what he was. Still a question mark just need to see more.

Deiter has a lot to work on this offseason

Grier......you better bring us the goods or we could be ****ed for years

Last edited:
From the day Ford was drafted, I was saying he could play in this league. Saw a lot of Ford at Virginia Tech. Finally after all these injuries he plays a huge role in a game Miami almost won.

This coaching staff all year but on the last drive before we settled for a FG on the 20 we needEd to be a bit more creative there. At least on one of the plays. Had to know the jets had a good chance and Flores settled there. Bad job. But can’t kill him for it, because been good all along.

Laird is growing on me a lot. Wonder what he can be with an Oline and other skilled players around him. Could be a great weapon to have. He’s really earning my trust. But can’t run out of bounds there, bad job on that one.

I like what Parker has become, and Preston really changed my mind before getting hurt. But I’m still drafting another stud WR. You can see how anemic things get with a couple of injuries.

Ford. All I can say is good job. Kid looks like he can play. Wouldnt mind seeing a bit more of what he’s got the rest of the way. Could be solid depth when all along we didn’t know what he was. Still a question mark just need to see more.

Good post! :up:

From the day Ford was drafted, I was saying he could play in this league. Saw a lot of Ford at Virginia Tech. Finally after all these injuries he plays a huge role in a game Miami almost won.
The one thing I feel I see with Ford is he cringes the second he catches the ball. It's holding him back on his YAC.

The one thing I feel I see with Ford is he cringes the second he catches the ball. It's holding him back on his YAC.
It might be nerves? But at least he's made some plays when he's gotten a chance.

i dont blame the staff. we couldnt do anything inside the redzone. I think they have done a great job with what they have. and the PI crap is killing the game. Just watching the thanksgiving games and this one, it should have to be a lot more blatant for the booth to call it. jmo. it was pi especially when you slow it down. but its still a crappy system imo

The 2 guys who I thought made a significant contribution today were the OG's Boehm and Sutherland. They played well. Not sure why they removed Sutherland late in the game. Laird is one of those NE type players who just make plays. Great find by the scouting dept. Needham has really impressed out side of the PI call today. He's become a legitimate NFL caliber CB.

I agree. His routes seem very good (crisp), but he's done as soon as he makes the catch. Dare I say, very Hartline like.

Wrong for being of the opinion that Ford could be used in the slot next season?
I don't think he has much value in the slot. He isn't "quick", and from what I've seen, he has a bit of a long stride.

I think Ford gets the first chance at Wilson's spot next year.

Parker/Williams/Hurns are our starters and Grant is our 6th WR/return man.

Wilson makes too much money to be retained as a 4th receiver and unless there is a seriously restructuring (doubtful), I think he's destined to move on.

The two waiver-wire guys (Davis and Hollins) will try to fight off whatever draft choice(s) and UDFAs that we make for the remaining spot.

I, myself, wouldn't draft a WR this year except for the fact that this year's draft is supposedly deep in them. I might start looking for guys who've slid down on draft day on day 3.

I agree with all of that BUT that WR better not be a first our second round selection.

WR's don't matter as much as anyone thinks. At least not when compared with giving a QB more time to throw and an effective running game. Multiple OL and at least one RB have to be selected before a WR. That WR will likely be a smaller guy with speed anyway, not a physical specimen you usually see go early, so 4th-5th round target for me there.

Feel free to sign Derrick Henry and Amari Cooper though and solve a butt load of problems. Maybe you can sell them both on playing with you know who, from you know where. Very unrealistic though, especially with Henry, who needs to stay where he is. Cooper wants the payday though.

Follow the Steelers model @ skill positions.

Back
Top Bottom