I've got a funny feeling. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I've got a funny feeling.

Cheapshotz said:
That we aren't drafting RB in the first round. I've been on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon since last year and still would like to draft him with the #2 pick.
My sixth sense (lol) is telling me that we're taking BPA at #2 or trading down.

We have Linehan at OC now and i'm pretty sure he's giving Saban input into which guys he believes fit his offense the best. If we do not trade down i think we'll be picking Edwards or Williams at #2. When Linehan was at Minny he had Moss and quick recieving backs flourished in his spread offense. There's a couple guys that fit the description in round 2 and 3.

I'm still for Brown at #2 because i think with his good hard nosed running and receiving abilities that he will fit very well into Linehans offense. I'm just getting the vibe that Saban and Linehan might feel Edwards or Williams are the best players at the top of this draft.

Ya know, that is a very good point about Linehan...Gordon fits very well into this system...that is why the Rams drafted him in the first place, as a fill-in for Faulk...Also, as has been said, a decent RB can be found later in the draft as well. I am also on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon, but would not be dissapointed with Edwards or Williams (although I personally think Edwards will be a better pro prospect). The only position I'd be dissapointed in us taking, realistically is QB as I just don't get a warm, fuzzy feeling about the top 2 guys.

i aint got a clue

i get the feeling that i dont have the slightest clue, who nick saban will and will not pick. man that guy has peoples brains bouncing from 1 side of there skull to the other. if he coaches anything like he plays the guess game? then i pity everyone in about 3 years. everyone who isnt in aqua blue and orange that is.

Ya know

Braylon Edwards is the best player in the draft. He's the best pro-prospect, and I'm agree that I doubt we'll take a RB at one. Did anyone notice that the Niners have narrowed it down to 4 players? The two QB's, Edwards, and Antrel Rolle. They are the top of the draft, and the QB's are only there because they are clearly the top two first round graded QB's. In other years I think they'd be late first rounders, but like you all have mentioned...picking in the top couple spots is a lot of money to invest in a player and QB is a logical risk dollar wise. My concern with taking Edwards at #2 is pay scale. If we start him off at the #2 slot pay scale wise...he's going to be tough to keep happy in the years to come. I know they adjust for position, but still...with Chambers and Booker already pretty solid money wise and locked up long term that's a lot to have in a 3rd WR.

Thoughts?

I guess this all leads me to trading down a few slots and taking Benson. I think Saban is talking about Smith because he can increase his trade down options. I won't be surprised if next week he "heats up" on Edwards to also promote trades...knowing Minnesota wants one of the big two WR's.

He's settin' everyone up to heat up trades IMO.

Cheapshotz said:
That we aren't drafting RB in the first round. I've been on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon since last year and still would like to draft him with the #2 pick.
My sixth sense (lol) is telling me that we're taking BPA at #2 or trading down.

We have Linehan at OC now and i'm pretty sure he's giving Saban input into which guys he believes fit his offense the best. If we do not trade down i think we'll be picking Edwards or Williams at #2. When Linehan was at Minny he had Moss and quick recieving backs flourished in his spread offense. There's a couple guys that fit the description in round 2 and 3.

I'm still for Brown at #2 because i think with his good hard nosed running and receiving abilities that he will fit very well into Linehans offense. I'm just getting the vibe that Saban and Linehan might feel Edwards or Williams are the best players at the top of this draft.

I agree with you about Brown, Lineham offense needs a RB that can control the clock, that's why Minny always got stopped in the playoffs, you can't live by pass alone, we should know that with the Marino experience. I know Saban does and Houck. While you need to be wide open to score, you need run control to keep the other team from scoring and finishing games.

What about Merriman?

Personally I think Saban would prefer to have Shawne Merriman if he could find a way to drop down a few spots. It's not going to be easy though.

I'm sure Saban's secrecy with the media attitude will eventually drive us all crazy but at least it will mean that The Herald on Draft day won't tell us the specifics of every draft plan we have.

At least we (I hope) won't have to say, "Who?" when he makes the pick. Had to many of those in the past e.g. Eddie Moore. Only one of these ever turned out good: Pat Surtain.

By the way, hi everyone.

I think we all have our preferences, but I don't relly see how I could be disappointed if we went Smith/Rodgers, Brown/Benson/Williams, or Edwards, or traded down. I think Smith as a future QB makes the most sense to me, but any of the other options would make me pretty happy, too. It would be nice to be able to tell my 5 year old to cheer for Ronnie Brown. RW was his first football hero. Darn kid still says, "I'm Ricky!" when running the ball. "I'm Ronnie" is not too much of a stretch. ("I'm Travis" didn't flow!)

Phinsdude said:
We are trading down, simple as that. We don't need anyone at #2, and can't really afford one. We can't make the highest player on our team a player that isn't going to be used to his value. Linehan is a Pass Happy OC, and Saban likes running the ball, but has given Linehan a control. I feel it will be a mix, but what we were used to, run the ball, run the ball, pound it, will not be what we do. Do we need a receiver, NO, but it would be nice. A QB at #2, well, there are plenty in the draft that can be just as good or better. Why invest 15 mill plus a base salary in someone who won't play for the first year or two, when we have cap problems.

Yeah. That makes a lot of sense. Pass on taking a franchise quarterback when the opportunity presents itself because of the fear that he will cost too much money and won't play immediately, yet support trading the pick for less than value.

I got news for you. If a team does not come up with the value that the chart says, then Miami won't be trading this pick. Nick Saban will not trade just for the sake of trading, which is obviously what many of you WOULD do.

I have a funny feeling that we will trade our 1st for Tampa's 1st and 2nd. Then the draft will go down like this.
49ers-Rodgers
Bucs-Edwards
Browns-Smith
Bears-Williams/Benson/Brown
Then if the Bears pick Williams or Benson, we draft Brown. If the Bears pick Brown, we draft Benson.

Back
Top Bottom