I've got a funny feeling. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I've got a funny feeling.

Cheapshotz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
That we aren't drafting RB in the first round. I've been on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon since last year and still would like to draft him with the #2 pick.
My sixth sense (lol) is telling me that we're taking BPA at #2 or trading down.

We have Linehan at OC now and i'm pretty sure he's giving Saban input into which guys he believes fit his offense the best. If we do not trade down i think we'll be picking Edwards or Williams at #2. When Linehan was at Minny he had Moss and quick recieving backs flourished in his spread offense. There's a couple guys that fit the description in round 2 and 3.

I'm still for Brown at #2 because i think with his good hard nosed running and receiving abilities that he will fit very well into Linehans offense. I'm just getting the vibe that Saban and Linehan might feel Edwards or Williams are the best players at the top of this draft.

Cheapshotz said:
That we aren't drafting RB in the first round. I've been on the Ronnie Brown bandwagon since last year and still would like to draft him with the #2 pick.

We have Linehan at OC now and i'm pretty sure he's giving Saban input into which guys he believes fit his offense the best. If we do not trade down i think we'll be picking Edwards or Williams at #2. When Linehan was at Minny he had Moss and quick recieving backs flourished in his spread offense. There's a couple guys that fit the description in round 2 and 3.

I'm still for Brown at #2 because i think with his good hard nosed running and receiving abilities that he will fit very well into Linehans offense. I'm just getting the vibe that Saban and Linehan might feel Edwards or Williams are the best players at the top of this draft.
You are not alone, I have that same feeling. I know it could be all smokescreens, but I think Saban is planning on a RB later on Day 1. It seems like his first choice is to trade down, but if we stay at #2, I think it is between Smith and Edwards.

Nublar7 said:
You are not alone, I have that same feeling. I know it could be all smokescreens, but I think Saban is planning on a RB later on Day 1. It seems like his first choice is to trade down, but if we stay at #2, I think it is between Smith and Edwards.

Yeah, it's kind of disappointing because i really like Brown as the top RB. I don't see us taking Smith at QB though. He's alright but i don't feel he has the arm strength to be picked at #2 or even the top 10 for that matter.

You're right with the smoke screens. They have me totally confused:cooldude:.

Cheapshotz said:
Yeah, it's kind of disappointing because i really like Brown as the top RB. I don't see us taking Smith at QB though. He's alright but i don't feel he has the arm strength to be picked at #2 or even the top 10 for that matter.

You're right with the smoke screens. They have me totally confused:cooldude:.
Yeah, I really like Brown too, but you can't complain if we take Edwards. Teaming him up with Chambers and Booker would make our WR group incredible! Even drafting Smith would make me happy. Edwards, Smith and Brown are all worth the #2 and I would welcome any of them. The good thing about the RB position though, is that it is so deep this year.

I have a funny feeling we will draft Benson. He said in the PC that he would adapt how we run the offense to the runners style if we draft one, and there was a thread early in the morning about a guy saying that we are going to draft Benson and everything else is a smokescreen....

I wouldn't love to draft Edwards though, but we would have to make room for him, both Booker and Chambers are too good to be slot receivers. We would need to probably trade Booker away IMO to draft Edwards.

Either way, I know Saban will get the best player he feels will fit the team be it DJ, Braylon, Brown, etc. Had this been Wanny, I would pray to God that he didnt pick a guy that had a like a 3rd round grade on him at 2, kind of like Eric Kumerow if you guys remember that disaster.

Cheapshotz said:

Your vibe is right. I doubt we draft an RB....

IMO it will be QB Alex Smith or WR Braylon Edwards.

I've got a funny feeling to....

I've got a feeling that I have no freaking idea what the hell Saban is going to do....and I love it.

The draft is going to be like Christmas morning...no idea what you are gonna get but you know it will be damn good.

I love Saban.:D

unifiedtheory said:
I've got a funny feeling to....

I've got a feeling that I have no freaking idea what the hell Saban is going to do....and I love it.

The draft is going to be like Christmas morning...no idea what you are gonna get but you know it will be damn good.

I love Saban.:D

Well said. But I am going to guess if we do not get Ronnie Brown, it is because we trade Surtain. And if we get Surtain, we get a 2nd rounder. And I get a feeling we are going to trade down for two first rounders, and have a nice amount of 1st day picks. Fason is quality in 2nd round.
Terror:evil:

All I hope is that Saban drafts wisely. I would not be dissapointed with Brown, Smith or Edwards. What I don't want to see is us take someone to high, like DJ. I really hope he takes the BPA.

actually what I really hope is that the fins find a partner to trade down and acquire more picks. I hate being reliant on a Surtain trade to get a second round pick.

I think we're all like the rest of the media and so called "experts" and have no clue what Saban is going to do. I think he has a plan far more advanced and exceeding all our expectations. Whether is succeeds or not is a different story, but I really think he has a plan and part of that plan is keeping all of us, fans, players, media, and other teams guessing. I love it.

I think it’s going to be like Christmas morning when we were 5 or 7 years old. We have never had this 2 spot of the draft and I just can’t wait to see what’s under the tree. I can only hope that it’s going to be the next Dan the Man, J. Rice, or E. Smith. What ever way we go, I am going to need a defibrillator after this. :D

We are trading down, simple as that. We don't need anyone at #2, and can't really afford one. We can't make the highest player on our team a player that isn't going to be used to his value. Linehan is a Pass Happy OC, and Saban likes running the ball, but has given Linehan a control. I feel it will be a mix, but what we were used to, run the ball, run the ball, pound it, will not be what we do. Do we need a receiver, NO, but it would be nice. A QB at #2, well, there are plenty in the draft that can be just as good or better. Why invest 15 mill plus a base salary in someone who won't play for the first year or two, when we have cap problems.

I got a funny feeling I'll see 13,759 more of these threads by the end of the weekend!

Back
Top Bottom