I've Lost that loving Feeley | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I've Lost that loving Feeley

MonkeyDog

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Realistically, I know how bad we were last year. Clearly Coach Saban makes moves for the good of the team while trying to help the individual, all of this within the constraints of the short and long term effects of the salary cap. Therefore, I think this mini camp was AJ Feeleys chance to show Saban what kind of a leader he could be. And from the reports there was very little improvement. And yes there are always excuses but other than a few passes against NE last season, he really has shown nothing. Time is not on any players side in the NFL, and I think Saban will waste little once he decides Feeley can't play up to the teams expectations. Coach is smart, he'll handle this situation strategically, this team is business now with no free rides.

As a side, I really want Feeley to silence his critics. However, I just can't see Saban tolerating Feeleys salary (whatever it is) when he can't even beat out Feidler or Ferotte in a mini camp.

its not even training camp yet and you guys are flipping out...wow...you are putting way too much into this 3 day open camp....we havent seen the other practices they have had b/c they have been closed to the public...not just you, monkeydog but everyone who is getting all worried over this 3 day camp

I'm really split on Feeley. I really hope he works out, but I think he is a major "?". Obviously he has to adapt to a new offense, and that will give him some growing pains. On the other hand, he's been throwing to our recievers and TEs for a year now, and allthough Frerotte has the system upside, Feeley has the chemistry upside.

This is what concerns me: Feeley has been a career backup so far, and the fact that he couldn't beat out Fiedler last year wasn't a good sign. That he has to learn a new offense is obviously problematic, but as I said, he's throwing to the same guys he has been for a year. He's 28, he's been in this league for almost half a decade, and still people cut him the slack you cut a rookie. For the love of god, he's NOT a rookie, and if he doesn't begin to look sharper, his stay here should end.

But Like I said, I hope he works out, I just have my doubts if this is what's going to happen.

Noodle Arm said:
MERGE with the million other threads that say the exact same thing. :D

For crying out loud Noodle Arm. Shouldn't you be posting on the Jets boards now? :tongue:

Dont fret.Trust your Feeleys.Use the Force.:saber: :saberfigh

BlitPhinFan said:
For crying out loud Noodle Arm. Shouldn't you be posting on the Jets boards now? :tongue:

Ewww heck no...they won't allow me since I can read past a 4th grade level.
:lol:

Noodle Arm said:
Ewww heck no...they won't allow me since I can read past a 4th grade level.
:lol:

I guess I can see how that would alienate you. Guess that [size=-1]Dartmouth education is paying for itself, by keeping you from hanging out with the wrong crowd. :D
[/size]

It was only a 3 day camp so you shouldn't get to worked up. But its not a good sign when the leader of your team isn't stepping up when he should.

Maybe its because i saw top gun the other day but the thread title really made me laugh

How about waiting until the 2nd or 3rd preseason game. That's when a lot of the big decisions are made. Last preseason game is for those players on the bubble (starters usually don't play much).

touborg said:
I'm really split on Feeley. I really hope he works out, but I think he is a major "?". Obviously he has to adapt to a new offense, and that will give him some growing pains. On the other hand, he's been throwing to our recievers and TEs for a year now, and allthough Frerotte has the system upside, Feeley has the chemistry upside.

This is what concerns me: Feeley has been a career backup so far, and the fact that he couldn't beat out Fiedler last year wasn't a good sign. That he has to learn a new offense is obviously problematic, but as I said, he's throwing to the same guys he has been for a year. He's 28, he's been in this league for more than a decade, and still people cut him the slack you cut a rookie. For the love of god, he's NOT a rookie, and if he doesn't begin to look sharper, his stay here should end.

But Like I said, I hope he works out, I just have my doubts if this is what's going to happen.

Career backup? Only in the league for 2-3 years, and backing up what some consider a franchise QB (McNabb). I don't think DW gave him a fair shot last year. When I think of career backups I think of guys like Beurlein, DeBerg, Garrett. It would take 2-3 more years of Feeley floating around the league until I would call him a "career backup" (not that there is anything wrong with that)

jlfin said:
How about waiting until the 2nd or 3rd preseason game. That's when a lot of the big decisions are made. Last preseason game is for those players on the bubble (starters usually don't play much).

No choice but to wait. Feeley will get playing time and hopefully he get some confidence. But if Saban is out there mid season explaining loses on bonehead plays by an unconfident inconsistant 2nd year project, he'll pull the plug.

wazzy said:
It was only a 3 day camp so you shouldn't get to worked up. But its not a good sign when the leader of your team isn't stepping up when he should.
It sounds more like Gus is the leader of our team. Its early, but AJ is not stepping up. I watched the New England game yesterday, and the one thing that bothered me about Aj was his lack of confidence. After he threw the tying TD, he celebrated way to much. He was acting like, " I can't belive I did that!" On the same tape was Danny's comeback game against the Colts, when Danny throws the game winner, he has this great look on his face like, "that's what I thought, punk!"

MonkeyDog said:
No choice but to wait. Feeley will get playing time and hopefully he get some confidence. But if Saban is out there mid season explaining loses on bonehead plays by an unconfident inconsistant 2nd year project, he'll pull the plug.
Saban wont be explaining bonehead throws at mid-season, he'll be doing it in the pre-season and then bonehead will be carrying a clip board at mid-season!

Back
Top Bottom