J.Chase has to be a physical receiver, whenever he stutter steps he really slows down. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J.Chase has to be a physical receiver, whenever he stutter steps he really slows down.

3rdandinches

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how slow J.Chase gets when he enters his stutter step move? Looks like any speedy or physical corner could easily cover him. Would seem like his only answer to DB's is to out physical them, worries me a little as our option at #6. I really hope we have a shot at Pitts, otherwise Smith and Waddle for this offense makes more sense to me. Am I wrong on this?????

Has anyone noticed how slow J.Chase gets when he enters his stutter step move? Looks like any speedy or physical corner could easily cover him. Would seem like his only answer to DB's is to out physical them, worries me a little as our option at #6. I really hope we have a shot at Pitts, otherwise Smith and Waddle for this offense makes more sense to me. Am I wrong on this?????

I’ve noticed that when he comes out of his stutter, he usually speeds up. Weird.

Y any chance, are you a Pitts advocate?

The talent is obvious, my bust radar is also very high with this one though. I keep telling myself I’m biased against him because of the LSU factor.

I’m scared to pass on him and I’m scared to draft him.

My board is absolutely:

1. Pitts
2. Sewell

3. Trade down
4. A 3 sided coin with 3 different WRs on it.

Beyond an unforeseen catastrophic injury Chase carries ZERO bust risk.

ZERO.

His traits are too good for him to fail at the NFL level. He is too strong with the ball in the air, and too good once it is in his hands to not be a very good NFL WR.

Will he be great? Maybe, maybe not, but there is no way he is a literal "bust".

Just saw a feature (NFL N) on Chase doing the full time training at Exos.

I am somewhat skeptical of those who opted out, but, the aforementioned story was enlightening

That said, An Offensive playmaker at 6 (Pitts, Chase, or Smith) is damn near mandatory IMO

p.s. An Impact player on D s/b priority at pick 18 preferably JO-K, Paye, or Collins

The talent is obvious, my bust radar is also very high with this one though. I keep telling myself I’m biased against him because of the LSU factor.

I’m scared to pass on him and I’m scared to draft him.

My board is absolutely:

1. Pitts
2. Sewell

3. Trade down
4. A 3 sided coin with 3 different WRs on it.

Wait, So Chase has bust potential. But PITTS aka the sure fire HOF doesn't?

I swear there's a good portion of people that want Pitts that know nothing about him outside of highlights!

Last edited:
Hope he is as tough as he appears to be, not a great tactician. Usually wins with brute strength rather than speed and precision.

Definite playmaker but let’s not act like is he is flawless. A lot of bad tendencies can be coached out and if put into a proper position to succeed any player can thrive. But his size and style may not match. Hard to play like TO and CJ when you are 6’ 200.

Back
Top Bottom