J-E-T-S So sure about 'AFC East' | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-E-T-S So sure about 'AFC East'

the best jets board is jetsinsider.com Ganggreen is a has been place.............

I hate the jets. They seem to be the favorite up and coming team each and every year. I hope they finish below us so we can rub it in their faces.

Everytime they played a good team they lost.

Correctemundo, While they beat Chargers and such, the overall pattern was they lost to the good teams, and beat the bad teams. They were just lucky enough that they got to play the bad teams mroe than the good teams.

M3590NJ973 said:
your so right, the jets are a bit overrated and cutis martin wont have such a great season next year(age)
Hes only 1 year older then last year and he led the league in rushing. :eek:

jets are asolid football team. They sustained major blows however with the loss of Ferguson and MCKenzie...........and they dont draft high this yr to replace eith one easily............but no one in the AFC EAST has really improved much. The Bills are solid on D but they are facing growing pains with Losman and the fins are not going anywhere until they get the OL and QB spots settled. They are headed in the right direction however. The Pats have also sustained major hits and if Teddy is really out he is irreplaceable. They are beatable for sure this yr..........The Jets also have to worry about Chad being healthy in 05...........everyone in the EAST has issues.........it will be a dogfight.

UCFinfan said:
I can just about agree with the guy, IMO...Jets will barely take AFC east next year over the pats. we will be a lil ways behind at 8-8

The jets don't have a chance to win the division. Just because we went 4-12 last year you think we aren't any good? Saban is already making the necessary upgrades. The defense will be every bit as good as it has been for 6-8 years or so. Just having an infrastructure in place with Saban will get us a few wins - Wanny had no system - no structure. You can't win w/ chaos. The Jets don't have a chance, and unless Losman is special the bills will suck too. The only team that may have a chance to beat the Patriots for the division is the Dolphins.

The jets are a good team. But haven't really upgraded this offseason. They lost their Starting LT, and didn't improve at Safety like they had wanted to. maybe thats what they plan on doing in the draft, but i don't see the jets taking to the division. atleast not easily.

The Jets are going to find out this year that Chad Pennington is just ordinary good and not an elite QB. He has durability issues and turns in Fiedler like numbers in the big games. The Jets are a good team, but no better than last year.

The jets fans always think their team is going to the Super Bowl. Every year it's the same. That's why their the least informed fans of the league. I'll be gald to see them go belly up again this year.

The jets did chance their offensive coordinator. and i honestly believe that pennington will struggle under the new offense. He shined in the 'paul hackett offense' which basically never threw the ball more then 15 yards, but with tennessee's coordinator their offense will be more open. And honestly i think they lack the depth at receiver to really scare anyone. they'll be fun to monitor on the side though to see if they made any progress.

i think they should forget about win the afc east cause there going to have a diffcult schedule just like miami

As long as Martin does well, the Jets should have a legit shot at the AFC East.

unlesss u consider we have a tougher strength of schedule this year.

Lets see..

The Jets lost starters at right tackle and defensive tackle. They lost a key back up (I don't think Jordan is as good as people say but when you have a running back that is older then Methusala you need a good back-up and Derrick Blaylock is limited). They also have some secondary issues (IMO), a kicker who is terrible, a tough schedule and (IMO) a coach who can not handle "big game" pressure.

They also have issues with their starting q.b. having a rubber arm and being injury prone.

Then to help that situation they sign another injury prone rubber armed back-up q.b.?

They are 2 blitzes away from Ricky Ray at q.b.

The Patriots are THE CLASS of the AFC East. They will be until someone knocks them off and, in case I have missed something, no one has done that yet. The Jets had a chance to take a step last year and they got their collective a$$es handed to them at home against the Pats.

Patriots win the East...again. The Jets MIGHT be a wildcard. If Chad stays healthy, Martin fends of Father Time for one more year, their secondary gets better and Herm learns clock management....that is a lot of "ifs" in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom