J. Evans Signs With Jets.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J. Evans Signs With Jets....

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
It's official, J. Evans is now a Jet. Oh well, there goes another one.....

Now the Jets DL looks better than ours... :cry:

Not good news Phinz fans.

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Now the Jets DL looks better than ours... :cry:
not if DG and Chester are healthy, but they no longer suck. Of course, 1 visit to So Beach on Josh Evans c/b looking at a new career :evil:

<< It's official, J. Evans is now a Jet. Oh well, there goes another one.....

Now the Jets DL looks better than ours...

Not good news Phinz fans. >>

We didn't have the money to sign him.
What the #*$! did you want us to do?

Are you really a Dolphins fan?

**** J. Evans. We whoop the Titans ass with that mother****er their. So his signing to the Jets mean absolutely jack **** in my opinion. What the jets should have done was to trade for a CB that can stop Chris "SUPERMAN" Chambers. OOoops. I forgot there's no CB that can..

Obviously we want him to sign elsewhere. But do you think that our OL really cares?? Their gonna kick that ass anyway. Ricky will get 100 yards on Sept 22 whether Josh Evans is in there or not.

Their DL doesn't even look close to as good as ours. Josh Evans is a part-time player, a role-player really. Thats why I wanted to sign him, cuz then we could throw him in on passing downs this year instead of DG and it could possibly give us the freedom to cut DG and use the trio of Burnett, Bowens, and Ogunleye to replace DG which I think they are capable of doing. That might be in our best interest for long-term solvency as a team.

DG helps us win now, but he's a walking salary cap bomb. When it explodes it ain't gonna be pretty. Keep him this year and we're FORCED to wait until June 1st next year to cut him which means that we'll be dealing with his salary cap figures for the next 3 years when he's only really good for 1 year if even that, plus waiting for June 1st to get the cap relief means that we won't have the opportunity to sign the cream of the crop type of free agents out there. In any case the only way it works out is if we wait til June 1st to begin renegotiations on Ricky Williams' contract.

Ck dog you my nigga and all but you are starting to stress this release DG too much. I mean this Mother****er is going to be Defense Player of The Year Dog. If he's just 80% that's better than half of the DT in the league. I dont care what it cost, do not let DG go to another team please.

Ya good move until he gets nailed for on the substance abuse program again half way through the year and then he's gone.

Originally posted by Muck
Obviously we want him to sign elsewhere. But do you think that our OL really cares?? Their gonna kick that ass anyway. Ricky will get 100 yards on Sept 22 whether Josh Evans is in there or not.

No way Ricky gets 100 yards on the 22nd. He'll get 150 yards!!!:cool:

Oh man I really really really hope Evans starts tokin up again that would be so sweet.

I'm only stressin DG's release cuz he's not playing DT. I'm not fool enough to say that Gardener's "lost it" or anything when he's on the field cuz its just the opposite. He's at his PRIME on the field. Last season he was a man among boys before he went out with injury. But thats just the point, his injury problems are forcing the dolphins to move him to defensive end so he's no longer going to be a force at DT...he's going to try and be a force at DE and I'm here to tell you the positions ain't the same. Unless DG can magically manifest 5x the speed he shows at defensive tackle, he's not really gonna be a sackmaster and if he's not a sackmaster he's just Kenny Mixon on roids.

With all the money we're payin DG, is it worth it just to have him fill the same role just as, maybe a little bit more, effectively than Kenny Mixon? Like I said before, the only thing that makes it worth it is DG moving back to DT on passing downs...and I hope if the coaches decide to do that, that Gardener's back will hold up...but I have my doubts.

whats the big deal about josh evans?...its not like he is a pro bowler...i think that means that we wont release daryl gardener...which makes that signing good news for us...also. he has 2 strikes against him in the substance abuse policy...1 more time and i think he is suspended for a year...

Originally posted by booyeah_

No way Ricky gets 100 yards on the 22nd. He'll get 150 yards!!!:cool:
I agree w/both of you: 100 on the ground and 50 thru the air :D

C'mon guys!! What makes you think Evans is good? I never really cared about him, he might look good on paper, but remember he was off a whole year and still has to prove hes good.
I thought he would have gave us good depth but I never considered him a probowler.

I am praying for drug use. Like it or not Evans really sures up the Jet's biggest hole. If Ferg comes back strong this is a very solid front 7. Hopefully Cowarts knee is still sore, and Evans goes on a bender.

Back
Top Bottom