J-Off's 2020 Sideways Board | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-Off's 2020 Sideways Board

True, but he has durability issues and certainly was not the player in Miami that he was before the hip injury.

He also makes too much money, which is not an issue right now.But could be evntually.
Shenualt isn't exactly injury free. That said...Wilson is as good a slot as there is in this draft.

True but you would not be paying him 10 million his first year.

I like Wilson but he is not the long term guy in the slot for Miami.

Trent Williams wants a lot more than 9.5

He is 31 and was missing several games a year consistently before the tumour/holdout business in Wash.

IF Miami was closer to competing then he would make sense, as would Clowney.

But they will not be a playoff team next year and the following season will be Year 1 for the young QB, so realistically they are a real threat in the AFC in that QB's second year.

And I know they could well make the Playoffs next year, stranger things have happened, etc....

Trent Williams wants a lot more than 9.5

He is 31 and was missing several games a year consistently before the tumour/holdout business in Wash.

IF Miami was closer to competing then he would make sense, as would Clowney.

But they will not be a playoff team next year and the following season will be Year 1 for the young QB, so realistically they are a real threat in the AFC in that QB's second year.

And I know they could well make the Playoffs next year, stranger things have happened, etc....
HI- Please note that I indicated the 9.5 million would be applied to Trent Williams.
TW is an all pro LT- will be paid 17-18 million.
AWilson is a #4 injured WR on a mediocre unit.
Back to Trent- 31- gives us a full contract at high level (3-4 years). Hard to find top 5 LTs.

Right, I missed that.You meant use his money to help pay Williams.

But I still don't know if paying a 31 year old with durability issues that kind of money makes sense for where Miami is right now.

I would trade for TW in a heartbeat, especially if it only costs a Day 3 pick

Most overrated:

Derrick Brown - 9
Javon Kinlaw - 13
K'Lavon Chaisson - 17
Patrick Queen - 20
Xavier McKinney - 22
Yetur Gross-Matos - 24
Ross Blacklock - 28
AJ Epenesa - 29
Zach Baun - 31

Some of these guys just aren't as good as people think, and some just aren't valuable enough to consider where they're slotted. Outside of CB, it's a mediocre draft for Defense, and I think that's one of the reasons you're seeing some of these players ranked much higher than they should be.

Most overrated:

Derrick Brown - 9
Javon Kinlaw - 13
K'Lavon Chaisson - 17
Patrick Queen - 20
Xavier McKinney - 22
Yetur Gross-Matos - 24
Ross Blacklock - 28
AJ Epenesa - 29
Zach Baun - 31

Some of these guys just aren't as good as people think, and some just aren't valuable enough to consider where they're slotted. Outside of CB, it's a mediocre draft for Defense, and I think that's one of the reasons you're seeing some of these players ranked much higher than they should be.
I really don’t like when I see mocks of us taking one of these over OT at 18. This draft is loaded with offensive players. If the values not there for an OT, much better offensive prospects to roll with than this bunch.

I don't agree on Brown and Kinlaw being overrated, especially Brown.

And I like McKinney where he is being slotted. Kinlaw and McKinney would be good value at 18.

But I do agree that this is an offensive Draft with only Young, Simmons, Okudah and Brown being potentially elite NFL defenders.

I don't agree on Brown and Kinlaw being overrated, especially Brown.

And I like McKinney where he is being slotted. Kinlaw and McKinney would be good value at 18.

But I do agree that this is an offensive Draft with only Young, Simmons, Okudah and Brown being potentially elite NFL defenders.

agree with this

Back
Top Bottom