J-Off's 2020 Sideways Board | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-Off's 2020 Sideways Board

I don't agree on Brown and Kinlaw being overrated, especially Brown.

And I like McKinney where he is being slotted. Kinlaw and McKinney would be good value at 18.

But I do agree that this is an offensive Draft with only Young, Simmons, Okudah and Brown being potentially elite NFL defenders.

Extremely hard for a DT to return value on a Top 10 (or even Top 20) investment. Very few of them disrupt the passing game enough to even warrant serious consideration. Kinlaw has a better chance of disrupting the passing game in that kind of way, but he also has a much longer way to go than Brown. With both guys, you'd be drafting them for what you hope they could become, and sometimes that works out, but you'd like your premium picks to be further along.

McKinney, I just don't get. Who wants a smallish, slow Safety that didn't make many plays on the ball? Top 20!? No thanks.

Probably more like low/mid 4.3's, but good to see Reagor closer to 200. At 206, he had a higher BMI than DK Metcalf, and that's thicker than he needs to be. His 4.47 was still fast but probably the most disappointing 40 at the Combine. Doubt he's there at 26.

Last edited:

Probably more like low/mid 4.3's, but good to see Reagor closer to 200. At 206, he had a higher BMI than DK Metcalf, and that's thicker than he needs to be. His 4.47 was still fast but probably the most disappointing 40 at the Combine. Doubt he's there at 26.

I'm a fan - he plays like his hair's on fire once he gets the ball.....electric. He's incredible value if you can get him late R1/earl R2.

I just think some of these handheld times in the virtual world are just that.....virtual. A guy is not going to take 0.25 off a 40 and 0.5 off a shuttle from the combine.

Regardless of what those clocks say, he's very fast and I'd be happy if we drafted him to go along with Parker and Williams. I've been wanting us to have an explosive offense since the Marino/Duper and Clayton days. For people that say they would never draft a WR early, I hope they're happy with 14 points a game.

I'm a fan - he plays like his hair's on fire once he gets the ball.....electric. He's incredible value if you can get him late R1/earl R2.

I just think some of these handheld times in the virtual world are just that.....virtual. A guy is not going to take 0.25 off a 40 and 0.5 off a shuttle from the combine.

Yeah, Reagor is one of the first guys this offseason whose video Pro Day numbers look way more like the way he played imo, but I think he's probably more like a 4.29-4.34. The 3-cone and shuttle times don't seem weird to me. Keep in mind that Jeudy had an even worse shuttle at the Combine than Reagor, and he's one of the quickest WR's in recent memory - as is Reagor.

I think you and Danny are right that the big point is that Reagor is fast, explosive/quick, and a dynamic player.

Reagor is my 3rd WR in this class, after Jeudy and Lamb.He would fit great with the big WR corps Miami has.

I grab him at 26 if we have already landed an OT.

Tua/OT/Reagor would suit me fine.

Then go FS in R2

Reagor is my 3rd WR in this class, after Jeudy and Lamb.He would fit great with the big WR corps Miami has.

I grab him at 26 if we have already landed an OT.

Tua/OT/Reagor would suit me fine.

Then go FS in R2

That would be my hope. Tua, Thomas, Reagor, Winfield/Delpit, Wilson = perfect 1st and 2nd for me. At 70, it really depends on what's there, but Akers or Edwards-Helaire would work well.

Extremely hard for a DT to return value on a Top 10 (or even Top 20) investment. Very few of them disrupt the passing game enough to even warrant serious consideration. Kinlaw has a better chance of disrupting the passing game in that kind of way, but he also has a much longer way to go than Brown. With both guys, you'd be drafting them for what you hope they could become, and sometimes that works out, but you'd like your premium picks to be further along.

McKinney, I just don't get. Who wants a smallish, slow Safety that didn't make many plays on the ball? Top 20!? No thanks.

I have always loved disruptive interior DL play so I value guys like that highly.And I think their return comes in ways that stats don't always show.The dream is to get an Aaron Donald impact in the middle of the line.Not saying either is Donald.We won't see another one of him for years.But Kinlaw shows the potential to be an interior penetrator and I think he is easily worth a top 20 pick.

And I think Brown is the 2nd best defensive player in this Draft, behind Young.He does not have the quickness of Kinlaw but his overall power couple and skill level make him close to a can't miss future All Pro to me.

I will give you the point on McKinney, I have been souring on him a bit lately and see him slipping out of R1 most likely.

I have always loved disruptive interior DL play so I value guys like that highly.And I think their return comes in ways that stats don't always show.The dream is to get an Aaron Donald impact in the middle of the line.Not saying either is Donald.We won't see another one of him for years.But Kinlaw shows the potential to be an interior penetrator and I think he is easily worth a top 20 pick.

And I think Brown is the 2nd best defensive player in this Draft, behind Young.He does not have the quickness of Kinlaw but his overall power couple and skill level make him close to a can't miss future All Pro to me.

I will give you the point on McKinney, I have been souring on him a bit lately and see him slipping out of R1 most likely.

Kinlaw could be Chris Jones or just a guy - really depends on his development. He feels like a gamble to me, though, and I don't love the idea of gambling on DT's. He does have the best upside in the class, though.

I'd much rather draft Jordan Elliott at 56 or 70. Great motor, uses his hands well, has good speed, and he was PFF's top-graded pass rusher at DT. I don't take their grades as Bible, but it's still a positive sign.

I think Brown is very good, and he'd fit what Miami wants from their DT's. I'd be good with him at 26, but I wouldn't like him at 18 for the reasons I mentioned, and he's currently rated in the Top 10. To me, he's kind of like a less-athletic Marcel Dareus but with a much better motor. Both of those qualifiers matter, and, assuming health, I think Brown will have the better, longer career, but I don't see him as a surefire All Pro.

Kinlaw could be Chris Jones or just a guy - really depends on his development. He feels like a gamble to me, though, and I don't love the idea of gambling on DT's. He does have the best upside in the class, though.

I'd much rather draft Jordan Elliott at 56 or 70. Great motor, uses his hands well, has good speed, and he was PFF's top-graded pass rusher at DT. I don't take their grades as Bible, but it's still a positive sign.

I think Brown is very good, and he'd fit what Miami wants from their DT's. I'd be good with him at 26, but I wouldn't like him at 18 for the reasons I mentioned, and he's currently rated in the Top 10. To me, he's kind of like a less-athletic Marcel Dareus but with a much better motor. Both of those qualifiers matter, and, assuming health, I think Brown will have the better, longer career, but I don't see him as a surefire All Pro.

I disagree. I think Brown will be an all-pro. He will require other teams to double him.

I disagree. I think Brown will be an all-pro. He will require other teams to double him.

That is where I am as well.

Brown is going to be a stud.

We can argue about the value to the defense overall but i don't see an argument against the player.

He is the kind of guy who could be an All Decade player.

The guys in this Draft who look to me like they could be future All Pro's are Brown/Okudah/Young/Jeudy/Lamb/Becton. I am going to leave the QB's off because they all have questions, but more than one of them could turn out to be great. or none of them.

I heard Chinn’s uncle is Steve Atwater. If that guy plays like his uncle he will be the biggest bargain in the draft.

I'm the same. I build a defense around disruptive Dlinemen, inside and out. If you get space eaters inside then you need to put a lot more value in LBs bc those interior guys will give nothing on pass downs.

I really really like Brown and Kinlaw. Brown is so powerful and although he didn't test incredibly well, he's quick off the ball and does give you inside rush. His hands are powerful and when a big guy like that can give a spin move, you know he's coordinated. Kinlaw to me has such upside, he's enticing. Yes he can't win double teams as much as others and yes he plays high and can negate himself on occasion. But he's so quick inside, fights hard and can be relentless. In watching tape, i've never seen 2 guys get doubled as much as i did with Brown and Kinlaw.

Back
Top Bottom