J-Off's Board V1 | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-Off's Board V1

Thanks for the info buddy, a couple of follow ups:
The more I research Willis, the more I like him, he's a physical stud with big time production. Why do you think he's not going higher in most mocks? Also, if you had a choice between Willis and Barnett at #22, which would you take?

I've seen Corn Elder linked to Miami in many places; where do you think he will end up going in the draft? (not which team, but draft position)

I was not aware of Blair Brown until reading your posts (thanks for the heads up!), but when I read "he plays like he hates your family" in one of the posts, I was immediately intrigued. Most of what I've read about him peg him as a better fit as a 3-4 ILB versus the 4-3 due to his size, do you share the same belief?

Thanks again J-Off, GO PHINS!

You got it! I think Elder will go somewhere in the 3rd-5th range. Trying to place him in one round, I'd guess the 4th.

I would take Willis over Barnett. Barnett is more polished as a pass rusher, and he's heavier than Willis. But, because of Willis' athleticism, and because he's already very good, I think he develops into the better NFL player, and I think he will impact the game in more ways.

I think people are down on Willis, because many don't understand that he's reading the OT on most base downs, and they fail to account for Kansas St's limited DL rotation. On downs where he's asked to penetrate, rather than read, his athleticism is pretty obvious. Some people will say that he flashes his physical tools, but he's not consistently athletic. This is as stupid as it sounds. Either you have the juice, or you don't, and he clearly does. Anyway, these people are also missing the two points mentioned above.

Some people question Brown's ability to cover, and that may be why they're projecting him in a 3-4 - guessing here. I think he'd be fine in either. He has the physical tools (height aside) and instincts you want in a LB - 3-4 or 4-3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom