J-Off's Board V1 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-Off's Board V1

I haven't watched Cutrer, but I'm a big fan of Elder's game. I would have included him in the list above, but he has a 4th/5th RD rating on Draft Scout, and I wasn't adding those players. He takes great angles in the run game, and he tackles with a wide base. I actually posted a gif of him crashing down for a beautiful tackles against Dalvin Cook, with the caption "Honey Badger." In the run game, particularly, he reminds me of Mathieu - fearless. I think 3rd RD is adequate value for Elder, but I think you can get better value at that pick. If Elder is there in the 5th, he should be pretty high on the list. He's still growing as a CB (was a RB in HS), and his size does knock his value. He's also not the playmaker that Mathieu was/is. So, 3rd/4th seems like the right spot for a really good, tough player, who is smaller than ideal, not a high-end athlete, and not someone who forces a lot of TO's, but he's one of my favorite players to watch.
Thanks very much for taking the time with all the work you put into your draft profiles. I read something on Cutrer, he sounds like he can play on the next level. If you get a chance take a look see on him.

Thanks very much for taking the time with all the work you put into your draft profiles. I read something on Cutrer, he sounds like he can play on the next level. If you get a chance take a look see on him.

It's my pleasure. I really enjoy it, and I appreciate everyone's interest in the discussion. I'll see if I can find anything on him. Thanks for the rec!

Cutrer looks like a 1st RD CB (forgetting that he weighs 170lbs) one play and an UDFA on the next. Talent looks real, but I want to see how he tests and measures at his Pro Day. He looked better in the 2015 Alabama game than tje 2016 Missouri and Hawaii games. The Hawaii game was particularly brutal, and I don't know if he regressed, was injured, or if he just played better than normal against Alabama. Originally committed to LSU, so his talent has been recognized for some time. Without the benefit of his workout numbers and length and weight measurements, I'd say he's draftable as a late-round flyer - 6th/7th range. A great Pro Day could push him into the 4th/5th range; a bad Pro Day would kick him to UDFA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you ever looked at any film of BYU running back Algenon Brown? He's a big boy, 6'0 255, who rushed for 700+ yards in 2015 and disappeared production wise in 2016. From what I saw of his 2015 tape I thought he would be an interesting prospect as a undrafted free agent. Looks like he has the skills to be a fullback/power halfback and also can catch a little too. If I recall he moves well for being that big. He could be a poor man's LeGarrett Blount type of back.

What's your take on Delano Hill? Peppers is talked up a ton but Hill is making more plays in that secondary.

Nice write up-- surprised no M Dupre LSU WR and little low for my liking on Desmond King and Demarcus Walker -I believe both 2nd Rders. Those guys made plays everytime I watched them.

Also I'm a Foster fan- please drop to 22.

Such a deep hi- end CB class. Legit 7 1st Rders.

Have you ever looked at any film of BYU running back Algenon Brown? He's a big boy, 6'0 255, who rushed for 700+ yards in 2015 and disappeared production wise in 2016. From what I saw of his 2015 tape I thought he would be an interesting prospect as a undrafted free agent. Looks like he has the skills to be a fullback/power halfback and also can catch a little too. If I recall he moves well for being that big. He could be a poor man's LeGarrett Blount type of back.

I've watched him incidentally a few times, when watching other players, and he made a few plays, but I haven't watched him with a critical eye. My general impression is that he's too slow to touch the ball much in the NFL. But, if he can block and catch, his frame could give him a spot on a roster. I'll see what I can find on him - probably this afternoon. I have a couple of Planet Earth episodes on the docket. Appreciate you bringing him up!

What's your take on Delano Hill? Peppers is talked up a ton but Hill is making more plays in that secondary.

He kind of played the Ryan Clark to Peppers' Troy Polamalu. Solid athlete, solid player. I'd say his upside is somewhere between Renaldo Hill and Ryan Clark. His instinct is to prevent the big play, rather than to make a big play, so he'd pair well with Reshad Jones, or any playmaking S that has the opposite instinct. He's bigger than Hill, but I don't see him bringing the wood like Ryan Clark.

As an athlete, he gives you plus size, speed, and agility. Mediocre burst, but not terrible. With regard to his SPARQ, he tested in the bottom 38% of NFL Safeties, and in this class, he's sandwiched between Budda Baker (38.2%) and Jamal Adams (36.8%).

Nice write up-- surprised no M Dupre LSU WR and little low for my liking on Desmond King and Demarcus Walker -I believe both 2nd Rders. Those guys made plays everytime I watched them.

Also I'm a Foster fan- please drop to 22.

Such a deep hi- end CB class. Legit 7 1st Rders.

Thanks! The CB group is loaded. In addition to my top seven, I've seen each of A. Jackson, C. Tankersley, F. Moreau, and T. White mocked in the 1st.

I'm just waiting on tests from D. Walker and D. King (40 only for King). Barring a 4.7 40 from King and a terrible Pro Day from Walker, both will be ranked pretty high. King may not have the speed, burst, or length to excel outside, but he has the agility, ball skills, physicality, and instincts to make a lot of plays from the slot. Walker may not be a twitched-up edge rusher, but he wins with his hands, is stout against the run, and he denominated college OG's when he rushed from inside. His length is just adequate (6'4, 33" arms), but he's very strong, and he's violent with his 10 1/2" mitts. He lacks his length and burst, but I think he could excel in a role similar to Trey Flowers.

Dupre is a nice jump-ball receiver, but the rest of his game is just OK. I know the QB situation didn't help, but from a risk/reward perspective, and given how saturated the WR position is, I don't see a need to spend a mid-round pick on him. He and Reynolds have similar builds - both slighter than you'd like - but Reynolds is dynamic in separating underneath and deep, and his RAC is underrated. Because Dupre doesn't have a rounded game, and because he's slight, I think he falls into the 6th-7th RD flyer category, which I'll try to post today.

you know 1 guy I'm surprised I didn't see you list, I think he has Wes Welker/ Julian Edelman potential. Ryan Switzer, the guy has elite quickness I'm not sure how he tested in the combine. personally I don't pay the combine a lot of attention. but on tape he looks like he has elite quickness/agility

you know 1 guy I'm surprised I didn't see you list, I think he has Wes Welker/ Julian Edelman potential. Ryan Switzer, the guy has elite quickness I'm not sure how he tested in the combine. personally I don't pay the combine a lot of attention. but on tape he looks like he has elite quickness/agility

He's good. He'll be in the 6th/7th range. Solid speed, really good agility, not much burst. His short arms (28") will make contested catches tough/low percentage. I like him a little better than Gabe Marks, but I have them pretty close. I think people tend to forget that every year there is at least one Wes Welker (kind of like Zach Thomas). The fail rate is pretty high for those types, because their margin for error is so small.

He's good. He'll be in the 6th/7th range. Solid speed, really good agility, not much burst. His short arms (28") will make contested catches tough/low percentage. I like him a little better than Gabe Marks, but I have them pretty close. I think people tend to forget that every year there is at least one Wes Welker (kind of like Zach Thomas). The fail rate is pretty high for those types, because their margin for error is so small.

to that point, Chris Hogan is just now realizing his potential with Brady. although Hogan has elite long speed so that may disqualify him from the Walker comparison

to that point, Chris Hogan is just now realizing his potential with Brady. although Hogan has elite long speed so that may disqualify him from the Walker comparison

Any white WR sees his value increased times 10 when paired with Brady :lol: But, seriously, Hogan is 6'1 and weighed 220lbs at his Pro Day. He always seemed to dominate practices, and his physical tools (as you note) are very good (size, speed, burst, agility all solid at least). No idea why Miami let him go. In terms of size and tools, he's closer to Dwayne Bowe than Wes Welker - not that I think Bowe is a good comp for 7/11.

Any white WR sees his value increased times 10 when paired with Brady :lol: But, seriously, Hogan is 6'1 and weighed 220lbs at his Pro Day. He always seemed to dominate practices, and his physical tools (as you note) are very good (size, speed, burst, agility all solid at least). No idea why Miami let him go. In terms of size and tools, he's closer to Dwayne Bowe than Wes Welker - not that I think Bowe is a good comp for 7/11.

well why did he go undrafted then? small school guy?

I just remembered he didn't play football for long. he is a lacrosse guy

well why did he go undrafted then? small school guy?

I wasn't following as closely in 2011, so I don't remember him as a prospect, but he was a small-school player (Monmouth), after transferring from Penn St, where he played lacrosse. He only played one year of college football and didn't put up good numbers, so he was probably very raw.

I'd be interested in your hidden gems if you have a list. Since we have 3 5ths I was thinking of who out there could be had in the 5th who will develop into a stud or maybe just adequate starter

I didn't add him to the initial list, but after his Pro Day, I will likely add Javancy Jones from Jackson St. I'm having trouble inserting these gifs as images (copied the wrong link after creating :bobdole:), but I'll share the links.

https://giphy.com/gifs/deL9P4d8e21AQ/html5

https://giphy.com/gifs/j9wprPqTwnz4k/html5

Back
Top Bottom