J-Off's Caught Stealing (best values of 2017 NFL Draft) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-Off's Caught Stealing (best values of 2017 NFL Draft)

Deshaun Watson has set a rookie record with 10 total TD's over the last two weeks, and he has a shot to break both the rookie Passing TD (26) and total TD (35) record. He hasn't been perfect, missing some throws and reads, but the poise, instincts, feet, and playmaking ability he showed at Clemson are all on display in Houston. His completion percentage was not good against KC, but that's a D that plays tight coverage, and Watson's completion percentage (51%) is the same as KC has allowed all year. His 8.4 YPA in the game is a full yard better than the 7.4 they have allowed on the season.

Below, I've posted some of his superlatives. I'm not endorsing any one of these metrics/takes, as much as I'm pointing out that most metrics point to him having an outstanding start to his career. Despite facing the highest percentage of pressure in the league, he's leading a consistent, explosive offense.

TE's take time to develop in the NFL, but Howard's shown flashes, and his blocking has been solid in the games I've watched. It will be more interesting to Howard, Njoku, Engram, J. Smith, and Kittle in Year 2, but they've all shown flashes.

Speaking of Njoku, he's definitely flashed, and it's important to remember that he was one of the youngest players in the class - arrow pointing up.

Slimm and I were way higher on Watt than most draft folks - and the NFL. Pittsburgh currently has the #4 overall D, #1 Pass D, and the #6 Scoring D. When you draft guys like Shazier, Tuitt, Heyward, Dupree, Hargrave, and Watt, that will happen. Pittsburgh's offense is slipping as their D emerges - opposite of Houston's situation.

I knocked Carl Lawson's grade for his injuries as much as I possibly could, and still had him #16 overall.

He last 100 picks later and was selected at #116 overall.

Now you tell me if he's playing like a 4th rounder or a kid that should've been taken top 20. Kid's a beast.

I knocked Carl Lawson's grade for his injuries as much as I possibly could, and still had him #16 overall.

He last 100 picks later and was selected at #116 overall.

Now you tell me if he's playing like a 4th rounder or a kid that should've been taken top 20. Kid's a beast.

He's been the best pass rusher of the class to date (Garrett only playing one game). His strength and balance through contact/impact really stand out, and, though I was higher on him than the NFL, I definitely should have been much higher on him. I've been a little frustrated with Cincinnati's usage of Willis. In the games I've watched, they used him primarily as a base DE, who leaves the field for obvious passing situations.

honestly I wish we could redo it and draft David Njoku and then get Carl Lawson in the 3rd. I like Tank though

Hey Slimm,

What's your read on OT Eric Smith from UVA, I thought you were high on him. Starter, backup? At RT or RG maybe?

Thanks.

I know it's early, but I'm just not seeing it with CMC at this level, which is surprising.

Hey Slimm,

What's your read on OT Eric Smith from UVA, I thought you were high on him. Starter, backup? At RT or RG maybe?

Thanks.

Starter from what I saw in the preseason. To me he looked like a guy who needed better timing and accuracy with his hands. Other than that he was Miami's best offensive lineman.

Back
Top Bottom