J-Off's Caught Stealing (best values of 2017 NFL Draft) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-Off's Caught Stealing (best values of 2017 NFL Draft)

I don't really have a great handle on which players have been doing well already and which have not, unfortunately.

Cam was a monster. His issues were mental lapses and concentration. The constant false starts in critical situations. Physically he was capable of matching up with and dominating any DL you could put in front of him.

I can't recall a single false start penalty so far this season on Bama's offensive line.

Excellent points as usual from Slimm and CK. Cam will cost you every now and then with a mental lapse, but that should improve some with age/maturity/incentive, and with so many starting OT's lacking the physical skills to compete with DE's and OLB's on a consistent basis, I think it's one of those things where you take the bad with the good - while hopefully improving it.

Last edited:

Marcus Williams is a very young player, with high-end physical tools, solid fundamentals, and he creates TO's. He'd be the best FS prospect in most drafts, but he was overshadowed by Hooker. I thought Lattimore and Williams were outstanding picks for New Orleans. I liked where they got Kamara, too. The Saints have a shot to make the playoffs. Without those three players, they wouldn't have a realistic chance.

Bowser has been good overall, with moments of greatness, but his uneven play has seen his playing time cut. This is not concerning for me. Rookies need to learn how to be trustworthy at an NFL LB, and 3-4 OLB is kind of similar to TE. You're having to learn how to play on the line and in space at an NFL level, so it takes most guys a while. With his tools and playmaking ability, he should be just fine.

Cunningham's instincts and ability to win against OL are translating. He doesn't match up well with RB's in coverage, but he does match up with TE's. He can Dylan Cole shared a game ball for the Cincinnati game. I don't have Cole listed, because I didn't do UDFA's, but I had him as draftable, and Houston will miss his ability to cover RB's.

We'll get a good look at Feeney this year. It's too bad that Lamp was injured, but LAC should be set at OG for the foreseeable future.

Hooker has no chance on this play. In this situation, Taylor would eat any Safety alive. His ability to change course without losing speed is his best trait.

Knows how to find the open spot in zone coverage.

His production to this point has been modest, but many Tennessee fans are complaining about his usage - or lack thereof.

This sack is nothing special, but it shows Willis playing sound ball and closing in a hurry. It's also indicative of most of his reps this season. He's been asked to play contain and read OT's on base downs, with Lawson, Johnson, and Dunlap getting most of the pass-rush snaps.

So, he's playing well within what they're asking him to do, and he should see more opportunities over the second half of the season.

I should have noted in the Cam Robinson gif above that he is blocking Cam Heyward on the play, who is playing at an All Pro level and is incredibly strong.

Back
Top Bottom