J-Off's Mocks Based on Consensus Rankings | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-Off's Mocks Based on Consensus Rankings

Yes, I'm sure the offense changes dramatically with a different OC, despite having many of the same players and the same head coach.

It's totally the same as going from Ohio State to LSU.

So this is the part of the movie where, when it's pointed out that he made a mistake, instead of admitting it, the character dug his heels in and insisted he was right all along.

Lol instead of admitting your wrong, you instead of dig yourself a deeper hole. Bravo.
No, I'm just posting why people that have a hard-on for Mr Glass are wrong for claiming he's so much better than Burrow, simply because he's been decent in two college years, compared to the guy who transferred from one college program to another and improved dramatically in his second season in an entirely new system.

Who's wrong is your English teacher for getting a check for his inept work.

No, I'm just posting why people that have a hard-on for Mr Glass are wrong for claiming he's so much better than Burrow, simply because he's been decent in two college years, compared to the guy who transferred from one college program to another and improved dramatically in his second season in an entirely new system.

Who's wrong is your English teacher for getting a check for his inept work.
Look at this guy pop up out of nowhere after he got roasted in here when Tua goes down for the year.

I really like Bowden, guy is basically the Kentucky offense. He also seems to have a chip on his shoulder...

I've mentioned Cam Akers in several of your other threads, He seems like a guy who could have a really good NFL career because he does what NFL want. Runs hard, catches well, and can pass block.

I like the idea of drafting two QBs...the physical freak and the guy who is the more mental of the two. Two swings in better then one.

I've been watching Utah more because on Huntley (brought to my attention by another poster)...I see Moss on your list, how do you feel about Huntley as a later Round QB?

I really like Bowden, guy is basically the Kentucky offense. He also seems to have a chip on his shoulder...

I've mentioned Cam Akers in several of your other threads, He seems like a guy who could have a really good NFL career because he does what NFL want. Runs hard, catches well, and can pass block.

I like the idea of drafting two QBs...the physical freak and the guy who is the more mental of the two. Two swings in better then one.

I've been watching Utah more because on Huntley (brought to my attention by another poster)...I see Moss on your list, how do you feel about Huntley as a later Round QB?

I brought up Huntley in Slimm's thread. Excellent feet and accuracy, but I'd like to see a quicker trigger. Still, he's easily my favorite QB likely to be available late Day 2/Day 3. I'd be very happy with drafting both Tua and Huntley.

Bowden has that dog in him, and he's a more refined receiver than he gets credit - because UK's passing game is so bad. Versatile and smart, he's the kind of player NE likes, but he's much more explosive than most players with those qualities.

Last edited:

Yeah, he had been a boss. USF could have had both him and Moss (both from the Miami area) but Taggart had told a recently recruited QB that he would not bring in another QB for a couple of year or something to that effect. Moss and Huntley were sort of a package deal.

HE also has this Gem...

Last edited:
Question, I know its really early on the Tua injury front but let's say he misses a year but enters for the draft. If you think he can sit a year and then be healthy. Do you take Tua in the 1st knowing that he must sit a year with injury

Question, I know its really early on the Tua injury front but let's say he misses a year but enters for the draft. If you think he can sit a year and then be healthy. Do you take Tua in the 1st knowing that he must sit a year with injury

No question and you still do it with your first 1 just to be sure. None of this wait till later hoping stuff

Yes. I think the gap between Tua and Burrow/Herbert/Fromm is big enough to still make him the best bet. Sitting a year isn't such a bad thing. The key is how you project his recovery and longterm health, and when I say Tua >, I'm projecting a full recovery in 2021. If that's not the case, it obv changes things.

I'd be more inclined to pair Tua with another QB. Huntley makes sense to me, because he's shown enough to say he has a real chance, and he'll likely be the cheapest QB you can address that way. Quick feet, throws with touch and zip, accurate, efficient, protects the ball, and makes big plays. His big problem is that he sometimes freezes up and takes bad sacks - loses yards he shouldn't. His QB instincts have improved a lot but still need work, but his athletic instincts are outstanding, and he's proven to be a smart player. Different package, but I see similarities to Dak.

I really like the the Tua/Huntley pairing, though, because you're giving yourself two shots at high-ceiling QB's at a relatively minimal investment. Healthy Tua is just clearly so much better than any other QB in this class or next (at this point). Getting him anywhere but #1 is stealing (if he's expected to recover). Huntley is better than QB's recently drafted in the 1st and 2nd Round. He's projected Day 3 or UDFA. So, you're left with plenty of premium assets to build around them.

Yes. I think the gap between Tua and Burrow/Herbert/Fromm is big enough to still make him the best bet. Sitting a year isn't such a bad thing. The key is how you project his recovery and longterm health, and when I say Tua >, I'm projecting a full recovery in 2021. If that's not the case, it obv changes things.

I'd be more inclined to pair Tua with another QB. Huntley makes sense to me, because he's shown enough to say he has a real chance, and he'll likely be the cheapest QB you can address that way. Quick feet, throws with touch and zip, accurate, efficient, protects the ball, and makes big plays. His big problem is that he sometimes freezes up and takes bad sacks - loses yards he shouldn't. His QB instincts have improved a lot but still need work, but his athletic instincts are outstanding, and he's proven to be a smart player. Different package, but I see similarities to Dak.

I really like the the Tua/Huntley pairing, though, because you're giving yourself two shots at high-ceiling QB's at a relatively minimal investment. Healthy Tua is just clearly so much better than any other QB in this class or next (at this point). Getting him anywhere but #1 is stealing (if he's expected to recover). Huntley is better than QB's recently drafted in the 1st and 2nd Round. He's projected Day 3 or UDFA. So, you're left with plenty of premium assets to build around them.

ny thing is this.

say he makes a full recovery..

you really aren’t worried about durability issues w/ the kid?

It’s not like he’s been Ironman to this point...

Even with a full recovery there is no fracking way Tua is the top pick in the draft. Injury prone is injury prone. If you want 10 solid games a year at QB. TUA is your guy. I’d only consider Tua with Houston’s first round pick and even then it would make me nervous.

Back
Top Bottom