J-off's Sideways Board For Miami | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J-off's Sideways Board For Miami

Happens every year.

Almost a year ago to the day there were reports that teams were taking Maurice Hurst off their draft boards. Bet those teams feel stupid.

Unless you believe these kids are suddenly going to kill over sometime in the next 5 years, it's a constant exercise in stupidity.

Happens every year.

Almost a year ago to the day there were reports that teams were taking Maurice Hurst off their draft boards. Bet those teams feel stupid.

Unless you believe these kids are suddenly going to kill over sometime in the next 5 years, it's a constant exercise in stupidity.

I think what a lot of folks don't realize is how much insurance companies impact a team's personnel choices. Every team has insurance policies, quite a few of them covering a whole lot of issues. These insurance companies often dictate what you can or can't do.

People don't realize that when the Miami Heat went at odds with Chris Bosh over the blood clots, that was insurance-driven.

There are insurance companies out there that I'm quite positive are telling their teams, no you can't take that guy as it'll invalidate the policy.

Just saw your Twitter post. A heart valve can easily be repaired these days. I had a mitral valve repair and I was back in the gym in 6 weeks. Of course, I’m a stud. :lol:

That could explain why one particular team thinks Montez Sweat can't play specifically in 2019.

But that's speculation on my part. I have no idea what exactly is wrong with Montez.

That could explain why one particular team thinks Montez Sweat can't play specifically in 2019.

But that's speculation on my part. I have no idea what exactly is wrong with Montez.

If it’s a murmur then it’s a leaky valve and this makes his combine numbers that much more impressive because if it’s loud enough to cause concern that means his heart is not operating anywhere near 100%.

I think what a lot of folks don't realize is how much insurance companies impact a team's personnel choices. Every team has insurance policies, quite a few of them covering a whole lot of issues. These insurance companies often dictate what you can or can't do.

People don't realize that when the Miami Heat went at odds with Chris Bosh over the blood clots, that was insurance-driven.

There are insurance companies out there that I'm quite positive are telling their teams, no you can't take that guy as it'll invalidate the policy.

Like I said, an exercise in stupidity. Their insurance company shouldn't be telling them who they can and can't draft.

Then again, insurance companies couldn't be much worse at drafting than what the Dolphins have had.

Ian Rapoport is now reporting on NFL Network that "4 teams" have taken Montez Sweat off their draft boards due to medical.

Montez Sweat has an enlarged heart that will force you to have an AED on hand every time he practices or plays, because he could have a heart attack at any moment.

There's no history of a football player having a long and successful career in the NFL with an enlarged heart.

There are examples of other athletes in other professional sports, but if you believe football is unique because of the constant jarring impacts, then I don't know how you can be comfortable with that.

This condition is exactly what killed Gaines Adams at 26 years old.

Say what you want. Criticize however you want. I can't draft him and be a party to that.

Montez Sweat has an enlarged heart that will force you to have an AED on hand every time he practices or plays, because he could have a heart attack at any moment.

There's no history of a football player having a long and successful career in the NFL with an enlarged heart.

There are examples of other athletes in other professional sports, but if you believe football is unique because of the constant jarring impacts, then I don't know how you can be comfortable with that.

Say what you want. Criticize however you want. I can't draft him and be a party to that.
We know that's 100% what's wrong with him? Don't hippa laws prevent that from leaking

We know that's 100% what's wrong with him? Don't hippa laws prevent that from leaking

People bring that up a lot and the answer is HIPAA laws don't apply to NFL teams with NFL players because they waive those rights in their contracts.

This is a little different because he's not in the NFL yet, but there's not going to be any kind of court case because Tom Pelissaro was able to confirm with teams that Montez Sweat is dealing with an enlarged heart.

The only time it was ever an issue was when a hospital employee very literally snapped a photo of Jason Pierre-Paul's medical file and then put it on the internet. And it's like, DUH, that's a pretty obvious HIPAA problem.

Hell there's a better than average chance players sign that away in order to participate in the NFL Combine.

Last edited:

Wow. Didn’t realize that. Is it the exact same issue as Hurst last year? Or was that slightly different?

Brutal for Sweat. I don't know enough to say what's best for him. I'd love to see him compete at a high level in the NFL, but that takes a backseat to his wellbeing. Really good fit at DE for Miami.

Brutal for Sweat. I don't know enough to say what's best for him. I'd love to see him compete at a high level in the NFL, but that takes a backseat to his wellbeing. Really good fit at DE for Miami.
If what ck says is true about him being at risk for a heart attack a t any moment. I think I'm out. Maybe in the2nd or 3rd but not at 13. You have to weigh the risk and at 13 that's too steep

Back
Top Bottom