J. O'Neal: Proposed Age Limit Racist | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J. O'Neal: Proposed Age Limit Racist

X-Con said:
I highly doubt blacks get out-populated any time soon.....

Not out populated. But among "SUPERSTAR" players, more SUPERSTARS will be European.

MikeO said:
Not out populated. But among "SUPERSTAR" players, more SUPERSTARS will be European.

I'll stick with my opinion.

X-Con said:
I'll stick with my opinion.

Well, you also defended Ron Artest beating up fans and running into the crowd so your opinion has little value....at least with me.

MikeO said:
Well, you also defended Ron Artest beating up fans and running into the crowd so your opinion has little value....at least with me.

LOL, ask me if I care. To me, all you do is act like you know everything. Do you honestly think your opinion means sh-t to me? Like me, you're just a regular poster here. To you my opinion is nothing...but the same goes for me about you. I could care less what you have to say. I said that I(X-Con) would stick by my opinion, it's not like I asked you to do the same, because I honestly don't give a damn what you do.

And about Ron Artest, if somebody hits me with anything...I'm gonna react too. If you're any different, you're more than likely a p-ssy.

MikeO said:
This is America. Let people make their own decisions.

X-Con said:
And about Ron Artest, if somebody hits me with anything...I'm gonna react too. If you're any different, you're more than likely a p-ssy.
You still don't get it.

If Im making MILLIONS of dollars a year and a guy throws a cup at me, oh well I will take it. Im a pusssy but a MILLIONARE pusssy! :roflmao:

You, and your THUG LIFE wanna-be gangsta rapper would have done with Artest did. And charge into the stands, which cost him a years salary and millions of $$$$ and all respect among the human race.

But you keep that "thug life" way of thinking. That will get ya far in life.

Now go back to your shopping mall, put your hat on backwards and act like a tough guy while ordering a smoothie! :lol: Yeah boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

You are entitled to your opinion though and hey if you wanna lead your life that way, go for it. Or if you wanna ignore that the European players are taking over the NBA, then hey put your head in the sand and believe what you want.

Good day! :cooldude:

Funny part X-conn is that you and me are the only 2 here that agree that what O'Neal said was valid and he has a good point! LOL

MikeO said:
Funny part X-conn is that you and me are the only 2 here that agree that what O'Neal said was valid and he has a good point! LOL

O'Neal can't even back up the racist line he used. It's not about race man.. If you wanna reach and call it age discrimination, fine. What it really comes down to is Stern, money and control not race..

FiN.in.RI said:
O'Neal can't even back up the racist line. It's not about race man.. If you wanna reach and call it age discrimination, fine. What it really comes down to is Stern, money and control not race..

Who was the last great white high school player to make the jump? I will wait for that answer.

It's all about race. Stern is finally understanding his sport has been hi-jacked by the gangsta rapper lifestyle and he has lost the majority of his fan base because people don't want to spend money to watch a bunch of 18 and 19 year old thugs try and play basketball. He is trying to clean up the sport, which I have no problem with. But THIS isn't the way to do it. This is blatent racism and a rule that he will have a hard time getting through.

Want to clean up the sport. Don't promote players like AI, Artest, Kidd, Sprewell...etc. Instead put more money and effort in promoting Wade, Duncan, Lebron and the "good guys" who put a good face on the sport. And also educate the GM's around the league telling them that the next big thing is usually the next big bust coming out of high school.

MikeO said:
You still don't get it.

If Im making MILLIONS of dollars a year and a guy throws a cup at me, oh well I will take it. Im a pusssy but a MILLIONARE pusssy! :roflmao:

You, and your THUG LIFE wanna-be gangsta rapper would have done with Artest did. And charge into the stands, which cost him a years salary and millions of $$$$ and all respect among the human race.

But you keep that "thug life" way of thinking. That will get ya far in life.

Now go back to your shopping mall, put your hat on backwards and act like a tough guy while ordering a smoothie! :lol: Yeah boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

LOL, now wtf are you talking about? See, that's what's wrong with people like you...stereotyping. Who the HELL shouted out anything about Thug Life? Did I? Did I say I was a thug or say that I wanted to be one? And who the hell is the "wonna be gangsta rapper" you're talking about? If you actually go back and read the original thread on Artist, you'll see that I don't even like the guy.

Nah, f-ck what you think......I'm a college student right now and I'm doing something productive with my life. Where I came from(Carol City) and the music I choose to listen to/people I hang around/the way I dress have nothing to do with how I'll turn out as long as I keep my head above my shoulders. It takes a real idiot to even think that.

MikeO said:
It's all about race. Stern is finally understanding his sport has been hi-jacked by the gangsta rapper lifestyle and he has lost the majority of his fan base because people don't want to spend money to watch a bunch of 18 and 19 year old thugs try and play basketball. He is trying to clean up the sport, which I have no problem with. But THIS isn't the way to do it. This is blatent racism and a rule that he will have a hard time getting through.

See how he stereotypes black people here? Don't blame us because we know how to play basketball.

LOL, sorry, but you're an a**hole. I'll take a one day suspension or more(whatever the hell) for that, I don't care. It had to be said. :)

MikeO said:
Who was the last great white high school player to make the jump? I will wait for that answer.

Want to clean up the sport. Don't promote players like AI, Artest, Kidd, Sprewell...etc. Instead put more money and effort in promoting Wade, Duncan, Lebron and the "good guys" who put a good face on the sport. And also educate the GM's around the league telling them that the next big thing is usually the next big bust coming out of high school.

Sorry but Duncan does not sell. AI does. People want to see those with personalities. People would watch with anticipation each time Rasheed took the court to see when he would blow up next. Everyone wants to hear AI's press conferences. You dont hear anyone talking about what Duncan said postgame.

Duncan may appeal to the over 50 crowd....but last time I checked no nba executive was mulling over the 50+ ratings. Iverson, Kobe, Wade, T-Mac etc.. are those who kids want to emulate. Granted we dont have a living legend anymore like Jordan or Magic....mabey Wade or Lebron in a few years?

I like the age limit, and don't think its a racist thing. For every LeBron and Garnett, there are 10 kids that get lied to about what there chances are by agents and never make it. Those kids could have played in college. I would like to know how many of those kids end up never going to school.

If you ask me why the NBA is losing fans, I would say it's a racist thing. Maybe not so much against Blacks but that Hip Hop image that the Iversons, Artests etc portray. I think that hurts the NBA.

I'm a white over 40 guy, and I still watch it all the time, I'm a big Net fan. But I must say I get tired of the Wallace and Artest crap. And I have meet Wallace and even played some hoops against him, and he was an @$$ then! To me it's not a black/white thing, it's more a additude thing.

I hope this comes accross right, but I would like to see the kids have to go to school for 4 years of college in all sports! It could never happen because of hardship cases, but I think it would be great!

MikeO said:

You are so way off it's not even funny. All it does is make the kids wait 1 or 2 more years and mature a little bit - maybe get educated a little bit..so it really doesn't matter. It's about $$$, CONTROL and responsibility.

That's funny because your backing up something that Jermaine O'Neal said but Jermaine O'Neal basically retracted the statement on national TV last night after the Celts game.

SORRY MIKEO YOU'RE WRONG AGAIN! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom