J.P. Losman anybody? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J.P. Losman anybody?

IF Wanny is still here my guess is that he goes for a CB to replace Fletcher. We all know how infatuated he is with Defense!

I don't think Losman falls that far, but I actually like everything I have read about him. I can not say that I have seen him play though. Would be curious to hear from someone that has.

It seems pretty obvious if you read the writing on the wall that the front office is about to make QB a high priority this offseason...even if Wannstedt does not stay. If Wanny leaves I think Rick Spielman stays on and perhaps gets the full "GM" title added to his belt. And if that happens you know the guy will be looking to add a QB. Other things have prevented them from doing so before now (I'm serious, and I fully recognize the inevitability of Wanny's firing so I'm not some Wannstedt apologist).

There will be guys like Kurt Warner and Mark Brunell available after this year...Rich Gannon possibly as well. These are guys who can do it for a year or two while the young gun develops. With us actually having a 1st round pick this year, that leaves us the luxury of being able to draft a young QB in round 1.

I know everyone blazes their guns at the Jamar Fletcher pick but if you wanted QB, who would you have taken? Drew Brees. Exactly what has he done since being drafted? Gain and then LOSE his job from and to Doug Flutie. He's got LaDainian Tomlinson lookin like the next Thurman Thomas, an OL that actually does rip holes for LT, and David Boston. Guy doesn't have many excuses. Anyway.

I expect QB in round 1. If not, I would think yes either CB or LT. We should think about a bonafied first round LT in round 1. That would allow us to move Wade Smith to RT where things would be MUCH easier on him, and allow us to forget about resigning Todd Wade to an inflated contract he is not worth. This year WOULD be a good year for a CB believe it or not, with Sam Madison on the decline while his contract figures keep going up.

that site sucks... it's wrong about a LOT of players. i really don't like it.
give me rivers over losman 24/7..

clayton will most likley be our first pick, but IMO if we have a shot at getting Eli Manning or Ben Roethlisberger (via trading picks, or whatever) we should do it for a future franchise QB.

but it wouldn't be to bad (if we lose ogun) to Ben or Eli (assuming a bad team takes him and they have a high enough draft pick) then get clayton as well.

Andrew Walter is also a sleeper imo.

but i'll wait till after the bowl games to make another prediction.

Originally posted by Phishstix
That's what Scott Wright thinks, his stuff is usually pretty good, but I don't see the fins passing on Clayton if he's still there.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/

I would love to get Roethlisberger, but there is probably no chance at him. That being said, I would rather grab one of the top WRs this year. There are some serious playmakers out there.
I would be happy with Reg Williams, Woods, Clayton, or Evans. Don't forget there is a good chance in us getting another number one pick as well (OGUN). We could grab an O-Lineman (Carey or Dorsey) or trade down and maybe get a solid O-lineman (Baas) and QB (Rivers) in the second round along with a premiere WR in the first.

Originally posted by Phishstix
That's what Scott Wright thinks, his stuff is usually pretty good, but I don't see the fins passing on Clayton if he's still there.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/

God they have another Hurricane going to the hated Jets....

I can't handle seeing that again.....

Well I think Losman is quitter when things don't go his way. He went to UCLA and finished up high school half a year early so he could participate in spring practice. Well after spring ball he wanted a guarentee that he would start the next year. Coach Bob Toledo did not give a guarantee for the starting spot(Toledo also had Cory Paus, college version of Jay Fiedler around) for Losman. So Losman pouted and went off to Tulane.
I would not want Losman as my qb.

what's the skinny on White (OU)? Wouldn't he go ahead of any of the other QBS? (other than maybe Manning?) He's not even in this guys first round. A Heisman candidate falling to round 2? or is over rated?

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
what's the skinny on White (OU)? Wouldn't he go ahead of any of the other QBS? (other than maybe Manning?) He's not even in this guys first round. A Heisman candidate falling to round 2? or is over rated?

no Jason White is a senior.

he has 2 F'd up knees, and was extreamly impressive vs, Kansas state.

he's a great example of a college QB and nothing more.

Originally posted by burghPhinFan

He's not an NFL QB. He is good in college but I doubt he will have any impact in the NFL.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
I would be very surprised if Miami goes WR in round 1. Very.

Wow, you can't be serious. You see that WR class this year? There is also a 50/50 chance that we will have 2 1st rounders. If we can make OL our main target in free agency, QB and WR become our big draft needs. Clayton then Losman? I'd love it. Even if we don't get a top OL in free agency, we could still go WR/OL in the draft.

I'd be very surprised if Miami has 2 1sts and DOESN'T go WR in round 1. That would be a HUGE mistake.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how free agency plays out, cause there are some good young receivers as well.

Back
Top Bottom