J. Russell | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J. Russell

COMEBACKRICKY said:
yeah and about 98% said they woulndt take young had he fallen to the 16th spot. i know talent when i see it :cooldude:

definitely remember that.

adamprez2003 said:
I agree. I'm just saying they arent good yet. They are too inconsistent which is what you expect from rookie QBs. Young looks like a younger quicker bigger version of McNair in his youth which is phenomenal since I think Mcnair was one of the best QBs for a couple of years before injuries derailed his career. Leinart hopefully develops into a Drew Brees type. He has an amzing choice of weapons on that team. Out of the two I would say Young has the greater upside and if they ever get him the weapons he could be phenomenal. I actually think the best QB will end up being Cutler but he's looked the worst out of those three so far

oh yea same here. Cutler i think will be the best. I really liked that kid adn got sad he was drafted by a very SMART DENVER gROUP. miami ebtter trade up ala denver for a QB.

SR 7 said:
about 85% of the ppl on this board come last year.

I think your just a tad off with your numbers. :lol:

Russell has great measurables but his game is still pretty raw, I can definitely see him going 1st round though. GBN has him going 2nd overall.

Saban recruited the guy to play at LSU, and Saban would be all over him if he declared. He's a Culpepper clone. Saban likes QBs with big arms that can stretch the field. Russell might have the strongest arm in the nation.

tmny99 said:
Saban recruited the guy to play at LSU, and Saban would be all over him if he declared. He's a Culpepper clone. Saban likes QBs with big arms that can stretch the field. Russell might have the strongest arm in the nation.
Yeah, his decision making is questionable at times though, thats his biggest knock.

Motion said:
Yeah, his decision making is questionable at times though, thats his biggest knock.

Yeah I would totally agree and he really could do for another year in College. I think he is a two years away from being NFL ready. He does have all the tools that you need in a QB physically tho.

Russell is gonna make a great wideout one day

Stacks said:
Russell is gonna make a great wideout one day

:rolleyes:

Its not that funny the second time, there is no way in hell anyone wastes him playing him at WR EVER, he isnt even fast enough to be one anyways...

Joey 22 said:

Its not that funny the second time, there is no way in hell anyone wastes him playing him at WR EVER, he isnt even fast enough to be one anyways...

Maybe a tight end then

Skeet84 said:
Yeah I would totally agree and he really could do for another year in College. I think he is a two years away from being NFL ready. He does have all the tools that you need in a QB physically tho.

Kinda like Troy Smith, who also is also MUCH more polished and a better passer. A strong arm and big body do not a QB make.

Smith is a much better prospect imo-a guy who can make all the plays. Im kinda surprised Russell is considered a first rounder, he will likely be a project.

Although I am adamant about taking a QB in the first, Russell is one I think I would take a pass on. MAYBE if hes there in the second we could pull the trigger then, but Id almost rather take Kolb in the third if it comes to that.

Quinn, Brohm and Smith are the big three (assuming Brohm comes out-questionable atm).

TexanPhinatic said:
Kinda like Troy Smith, who also is also MUCH more polished and a better passer. A strong arm and big body do not a QB make.

Smith is a much better prospect imo-a guy who can make all the plays. Im kinda surprised Russell is considered a first rounder, he will likely be a project.

Although I am adamant about taking a QB in the first, Russell is one I think I would take a pass on. MAYBE if hes there in the second we could pull the trigger then, but Id almost rather take Kolb in the third if it comes to that.

Quinn, Brohm and Smith are the big three (assuming Brohm comes out-questionable atm).

Could you see him at tight end?

No, why would we? Id rather draft a real TE. Not that we need to be drafting a TE round 1-2.

Russell WILL be drafted as a QB, but Im just leery of his NFL future-QBs with questionable decision making are a turn off after Feeley/DC/Joey.

TexanPhinatic said:
No, why would we? Id rather draft a real TE. Not that we need to be drafting a TE round 1-2.

Russell WILL be drafted as a QB, but Im just leery of his NFL future-QBs with questionable decision making are a turn off after Feeley/DC/Joey.

Interesting. I'd like to see him lineup opposite Randy for years to come.

Ill just trust Saban, who recruited, signed and played this guy at QB as his coach in college over you guys...

Kolb...

:sidelol:

I really do hope Russell makes it to the second round though, so we can snatch him up and laugh all the way home...

Back
Top Bottom