J. Russell | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J. Russell

Why would you want a carbon copy of what you already have? I'd rather see another top QB with a different set of skills to compete with DC for the future of the QB position.

One reason to have two QBs with similar skills is that when/if one goes down, you won't have to change your game plan very much.

Yeah, why wouldnt you want a 2nd Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning or Daunte Culpepper if you could find one?

The reason most teams have a different unique skilled backup QB is because its hard to find an exact replica for a reason. But that shouldnt make you avoid a natural as close to the same QB from being on your team if one exists.

OC's would love it, Lineman would love it, etc. The bottomline is winning. Would you want 2 Joey Harringtons? doubt it. Would you want 2 Joe Montana's or Terry Bradshaws? Absolutely if you could find them.

Now I am not saying you praise Russell for being a DC clone, but you dont avoid him like the plague if you believe DC is the right QB for this team. Thats the coaches call, and if they decide to select Russell it would make a lot of sense.

Yeah, why wouldnt you want a 2nd Dan Marino, John Elway, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning or Daunte Culpepper if you could find one?

The reason most teams have a different unique skilled backup QB is because its hard to find an exact replica for a reason. But that shouldnt make you avoid a natural as close to the same QB from being on your team if one exists.

OC's would love it, Lineman would love it, etc. The bottomline is winning. Would you want 2 Joey Harringtons? doubt it. Would you want 2 Joe Montana's or Terry Bradshaws? Absolutely if you could find them.

Now I am not saying you praise Russell for being a DC clone, but you dont avoid him like the plague if you believe DC is the right QB for this team. Thats the coaches call, and if they decide to select Russell it would make a lot of sense.
Are you being serious? How could you even put DC's name in the same sentence as those guys. DC has 1-2 really good seasons. His career has been as inconsistent as this entire season has been. Those other guys you mention played at a high level for many yrs.

Back
Top Bottom