J. Russell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

J. Russell

SR 7

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
ima be honest, i really like this J. Russel kid, QB LSU. I woudl not mind him at all at any round. I dont care. he looks great.

Alex44 said:
From what Ive heard he has a knack for making the wrong play at the wrong time.

He's improved a lot in that area this season but a lot of scouts believe he'll be the second QB taken, just behind Brady Quinn. His physical tools are immense, he is almost a carbon copy (physically) of Daunte.

PhinfanUK said:
He's improved a lot in that area this season but a lot of scouts believe he'll be the second QB taken, just behind Brady Quinn. His physical tools are immense, he is almost a carbon copy (physically) of Daunte.

I hope he can think and read defenses better than Daunta.

If he declares then I can see Saban trying to draft him, he reminds me of Daunte but he is smarter just because of the colleges the two went to. Daunte went to UCF not one of the best colleges and Russell goes to LSU which is a better school where you need smarts and talent to go there.

Brown42000 said:
If he declares then I can see Saban trying to draft him, he reminds me of Daunte but he is smarter just because of the colleges the two went to. Daunte went to UCF not one of the best colleges and Russell goes to LSU which is a better school where you need smarts and talent to go there.

I'm not going to defend UCF just because I went there, but that statement is very misinformed and ridiculous.

As long as you graduate high school and have the minimum required SAT score, a college can care less on how smart you are. They care about how talented you are. Period. Besides, Daunte was recruited by EVERY school in Florida and many others in the country, he chose UCF, not just the other way around.

we'd have to spend a 1st rd pick on him so no...draft stanton in rd 3 or 4

SR 7 said:
ima be honest, i really like this J. Russel kid, QB LSU. I woudl not mind him at all at any round. I dont care. he looks great.

Im all about taking Russell in the first round. By the time our offense is gonna be high flying, culpepper will be retiring. Who better to replace him then The guy we drafted in the first round who most compares to culpepper?

I wouldn't mind qb first round provided it is not a need. Although if culpepper doesn't bounce back and I don't see Joey H being our future I would like a qb being groomed to start.

Give me Troy Smith over Russell, and please don't give me the height argument because it doesnt make sense. Drew Brees seems to do pretty well at how tall he is. Smith is very accurate and very smart. He has developed so much in the past 2 seasons and can still get much better. If we're picking in the middle of the 1st, I wouldnt mind seeing us draft Smith. 002

dolfan2909 said:
we'd have to spend a 1st rd pick on him so no...draft stanton in rd 3 or 4

I have one word...NO! Drew Stanton is very streaky and only plays when he feels like it. Sure he had a 35 point comeback win against Northwestern but it was Northwestern. He also had a 24 point collapse against Notre Dame throwing 2 or 3 INTs when it was crucial not to throw them. Ugh, I'd rather take Tyler Palko from Pitt over Stanton and that's sad.

Jahlove said:
I'm not going to defend UCF just because I went there, but that statement is very misinformed and ridiculous.

As long as you graduate high school and have the minimum required SAT score, a college can care less on how smart you are. They care about how talented you are. Period. Besides, Daunte was recruited by EVERY school in Florida and many others in the country, he chose UCF, not just the other way around.

yea b/c his grades SUCKED so he had to go to UCF. evreyone turned him dodwn once they saw his scores. so you are wrong on that .

Back
Top Bottom