Ja´Wuan James vs Alabama, South Carolina & Oregon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ja´Wuan James vs Alabama, South Carolina & Oregon

mexican phin

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey he is on the team now, we have to support him and hope he can get the job done, as for Hickey lets see what his draft looks like before we burn him in effigy because he took a position of need a few picks early

All I watched so far is the Alabama tape, and my reaction to that is that Tennessee's whole offense needs to rethink their future.

Sadly he's in for a rude awakening....don't forget he's going against Chandler Jones AND the refs the first game of his career.

Big long arms and he uses them. blocks down with power. doesnt make mistakes. consistent. did i mention he uses his long big guns well?

I watched the Alabama video and came away with 3 things. 1. His pass blocking is very solid. He gets in good position with his feet and uses his hands well to control the rusher. 2. He moves well on pulls and traps. 3. He needs to get stronger in the run game.

No one is disputing he's a decent prospect. Was just a reach by like 25 picks.

Yes he went higher than he should have but we were not in a position to pick a better person at his position. I was not in the room but I can bet that the dolphins tried to trade back and still get him but it didn't work out for them. I would rather reach for a guy than to wait and miss out and be in the same OL position we were in last year.

Correction: As it turned out we did receive offers to trade back and we did not take the offer. If we could have moved back 5 spots or more and got an extra 3rd or 4th and still picked James we should have done that.

This was a pure NEED pick, he's not, and everyone knows it, a #19 pick for any other team. He is RAW, and a pure RT who will never play LT. So the Fins went Best RT available, period end of story. The question is can fins coach him up because in all those clips I noticed he missed a lot, didnt sustain, and had trouble at POA vs DE's, but he could move to 2nd level.
He will be a serviceable RT but will get toasted by pass rushing DE's in NFL (see Buffalo game).

Hickey must do something in 2nd and 3rd to make an impact on this roster, so far, he merely plugged a hole, didnt "improve" the team per se from a W/L column.

If I missed him scoreing any points, I'll go back and look again.

You do realize that if he is able to cut the right side of the lines sacks in half, we might actually score a lot more this season? So he might actually correspond with increased scoring production.

This was a pure NEED pick, he's not, and everyone knows it, a #19 pick for any other team. He is RAW, and a pure RT who will never play LT. So the Fins went Best RT available, period end of story. The question is can fins coach him up because in all those clips I noticed he missed a lot, didnt sustain, and had trouble at POA vs DE's, but he could move to 2nd level.
He will be a serviceable RT but will get toasted by pass rushing DE's in NFL (see Buffalo game).

Hickey must do something in 2nd and 3rd to make an impact on this roster, so far, he merely plugged a hole, didnt "improve" the team per se from a W/L column.

RAW? He was a 4 yr starter I read.

Back
Top Bottom